READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am here now and waited from 4 am to to join at 7 and I didn’t get in. It hung up on the party page for one second and that was enough?
If there are any kind Dis members here who have an extra slot- maybe a grandparent that doesn’t want to ride?- I would love more than anything to send my 14 year old son on this ride today.

Just did a practice run and have a concern. The person in my party I’ll be with was at the very bottom of my friends and family list which slowed me down tremendously. Should I assume they’ll be auto selected with me day of or just keep clicking and fix it later at the park? We got a boarding group successfully in December but it was panic mode so don’t recall methods lol
Yes, they will be autoselected as long as they have a park reservation for that day.

Just did a practice run and have a concern. The person in my party I’ll be with was at the very bottom of my friends and family list which slowed me down tremendously. Should I assume they’ll be auto selected with me day of or just keep clicking and fix it later at the park? We got a boarding group successfully in December but it was panic mode so don’t recall methods lol
Yes,

It should autoselect for you. Do not take time to check or verify the party. Just keep hitting JOIN ASAP. If there is an issue with the preselected guests, go to GET (Guest Experience Team) once you get inside the park to try to resolve the group members.

AT AT are all terrain armored transport, the vehicles you see in this pic
Basically you hit join from the main page at 7am and keep clicking join until you get a bg. This is the method i use, i don't trust refresh
Both can try on 2 separate devices it won't allow anything down
View attachment 553249
So you just wait for the app to turn the button blue? No opening or refreshing ?

My friends had the following experience on Thursday February 11.
They were staying offsite and had two people trying for a boarding group at 7:00 am using Pixel phones. They did not get a boarding group and the groups seemed to be gone in a few seconds. One of them made it through partially by getting to a second join button but then got shut out. They tried again at 1:00 pm and got back up boarding group 156.
They were called back at about 6:00 pm (park close was 7:00 pm) but had a long wait in the queue before getting on the ride. The last boarding group called was 157 so they barely made it.
They did get to ride! They loved the it and were so glad to get in with a high back up boarding group number. I guess the ride had a good day.

So you just wait for the app to turn the button blue? No opening or refreshing ?
Don’t wait for anything to change colour. As soon as it’s 7:00/1:00 start clicking join as fast as you can. If you hesitate waiting for anything to change colour you will be locked out.

Last edited:
When I was at AoA on Friday last week, cell data was coming in at 50+ Mbps at 530am, but an hour later it was down to 15 Mbps. In room WiFi was consistently mid 20’s, so I used WiFi and got group 27.
Can you please tell me how to find this info on my phone?

Dint wait for anything to change colour. As soon as it’s 7:00/1:00 start clicking join as fast as you can. If you hesitate waiting for anything to change colour you will be locked out.
Is this what people call the ‘join
Dint wait for anything to change colour. As soon as it’s 7:00/1:00 start clicking join as fast as you can. If you hesitate waiting for anything to change colour you will be locked out.
Is this what people call the ‘join’ method? So just click it when it’s white and it will kind of refresh itself ?

Is this what people call the ‘join

Is this what people call the ‘join’ method? So just click it when it’s white and it will kind of refresh itself ?
I honestly don’t know what this method is called, I just know it works. I have been successful almost every time and the 2 days I was unsuccessful many reported not getting a BG.

I go to the screen that opens with My Disney Experience, scroll down to the AT ATs. I watch the clock at the top of my iPhone screen and the moment it changes to 7:00 or 1:00 I click ‘Join’ 3 times, as quickly as possible.

How can I get to page 856 here quickly without going one page at a time back?
I think if you find the 'ellipsis' next to the page numbers in the thread and click it...then it will allow you to free form type in the thread page number, hit enter and go there without clicking the front and back arrows.

I honestly don’t know what this method is called, I just know it works. I have been successful almost every time and the 2 days I was unsuccessful many reported not getting a BG.

I go to the screen that opens with My Disney Experience, scroll down to the AT ATs. I watch the clock at the top of my iPhone screen and the moment it changes to 7:00 or 1:00 I click ‘Join’ 3 times, as quickly as possible.
Ohhh the ATAT page?? I didn’t even know you could join from that one !

I’ve practiced multiple times using the refresh strategy. Now I’m seeing a ‘join’ strategy and also people referring to the ATAT page for joining for ROTR BG. Can anyone explain in more detail the ‘join’ strategy and also how to join from the ATAT page? TIA

Ohhh the ATAT page?? I didn’t even know you could join from that one !
Just to clarify for others playing along the image of the 2 ATATs (All Terrain Armored Transport) Image on the "Home" screen is displayed when you open the MDE App. Just scroll down the page until your see the image and the "Join" button and the "Check status" link.

You can also reach the "Home" screen by using the "Home" button on the lower left of any page within the app.

Dave

DH & I were in WDW last week and our DHS day was Tuesday, 2/9. Thankfully we were successful with getting a boarding group & riding ROTR. We are now 3 for 3 with getting ROTR BG's & I attribute it all to all the helpful information on the DIS. In Sept 2020 we were successful on both of our DHS days.
We were staying at the Swan and DH was on our balcony and I was in the hallway. DH used data and I used the Swan & Dolphin WiFi & I was the one who secured our #46 boarding group. We were called at 1:20PM.
My advice would be read, read, read (& learn) all you can about obtaining a boarding group. Practice. Get familiar with the screens and process. There is so much info on here and so many helpful folks with great information! Your party will be preselected so like others have said, just keep clicking join, join, join as soon as your clock turns to 7:00am/1pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter