READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I’m curious. How long does H&V take? We have an ADR, and I’m worried our boarding group will end up conflicting. Assuming we’re lucky enough to get one.

Also, I’m curious. How long does H&V take? We have an ADR, and I’m worried our boarding group will end up conflicting. Assuming we’re lucky enough to get one.
I would estimate an hour. I wouldn’t worry too much. They are often pretty good about letting you in especially if you say I came from a reservation.

My family and I are going on a Disney trip but the first day we are there we have Hollywood studios. Because you can only do one park a day that is are only day there. We are new to this whole boarding group thing and can’t wait to ride ROTR but we are scared we will not get a good boarding group number. Anyone have any tips to get a good number. Main things we know is to get there early. We are staying at the swan so we plan on walking over early (like8:30) I wanted to know if anyone had tips and places that have good connection and no one goes there???

When are you going? Disney just announced a new way to join a boarding group starting Nov. 3rd:
To better help guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios plan ahead for their day at the park, we’re piloting a new approach to the virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Starting Nov. 3, 2020, here’s how it will work:
  • Guests with a valid ticket or annual pass and a Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to access the virtual queue system and check for an available boarding group starting at 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation. This can be done before you leave your Disney resort hotel, or wherever else nearby you might be at that time.
  • Just as we do today, the virtual queue will reopen daily at 2 p.m. for anyone who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day. Note: Guests must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.

They just released NEW boarding group information. You can now register for a boarding group at 7am on days that you have a DHS park reservation. You do not need to be in the park to do that. They are still doing the 2pm release of other boarding groups and you DO have to be in the park for that.

Just when you think you have it figured out, they change it. I guess i'm encouraged with the change so now I need to be completely awake and ready at 7am to secure the prize BG.
Over all it makes sense but I always get a little worried when changes happen so close to my trip. I leave for WDW next Thursday.

I like it. Well, I still don't like the virtual queue but I see this as a huge improvement. It was a complete waste of our time - twice - to get to the parks early and then still not be able to ride. Because of the system it made for the worst Disney experience we've had. Now if we were able to select from our hotel and know if we got it and when we could look at entering the park it would have reduced or even nullified that 100% negativity I felt from what they were doing.

I would bet money, blocking this to only Park reservation people is avoiding swamping their system via non- eligible people (from home)

It never made sense to let anyone in the app front door, only to reject you if you are not in the park, on step 2 or 3.

Yea I get that they ultimately reject you if not in the park, but it's much better to block folks on Step 1, than allow that much App/IT traffic everyday at 10am to flood their system.
Smaller subset of folks early in the day will help. The problem moves to 7am , but - I'm in favor of this change as 1st step mitigation.

I preferred December '19 getting up at 5am to get the best chance...but I'm glad they are tweaking the system.

I remember reading about guest surveys a few weeks ago - they seem to be listening.

Our HS day is 11/13. I like this change and am thankful there's some time between implementation and our trip so I can learn more about how this all works from you amazing people who will be there before me! I REALLY wanna know if you can change your park reservation if you do not get a BG. My son is dying for ROTR but if we don't get on that he has agreed to change to Epcot :)

I sure hope this change of plans diminishes those arriving at rope drop! We were there from 10/7-16/20 and have gone this week every year for 10 years. We have never seen the crowds and queue lengths we saw on our two visits a couple of weeks ago. We did get a BG on both days with 3 people trying, but it was stressful AND while waiting in ridiculously long queues at rope drop.

So can you be anywhere? Do you have to be on Disney property?

I agree 7am is too early. Why not 8am? The park doesn't open until 10am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter