READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that they were at BG 86 at 7:20, only 20 min after BGs opened and that BG are still available at 8:20. Either they are giving out a higher number of BGs than ever, or demand has slowed considerably in the past hour.
When I looked back at 7:20, there wasn’t a mob of people like when we arrived at 5:20 on Sunday. Also rides like TOT were 30min longer and not walk on. On skyline over there were people and cars arriving but definitely not a mob

We’re on our way to MK now and from my glance there wasn’t a crowd at the entrance at 8:30am

With SWTROS opening today, we will soon see the full power of the Disney marketing engine coalesce on DHS...

BTW: Does the Estimated Wait area on the app populate if you actually have a BG?

Last edited:
I didn't see anything in the old now closed thread, or this new one. Were there any ride stoppages of significant length yesterday. Given they got through all the boarding groups pretty early, it seems like it was a good day for the attraction. Hope that streak continues for those there this week.

To follow up, I think thrill geek has some sort of graph showing uptime/downtime of the ride but can't seem to find it on their website. If anyone has a link that would be great.

Boarding group 33 called at 9:03! Tapped in at 9:08. In the queue now. We are SO excited!!!

What time did you get to the park? What time did the boarding group option open on the app? We're arriving tomorrow night and planning on being there early Saturday morning.

I was there yesterday for the new procedure. From what I saw, Disney had to do something. I was halfway between ticket booths and security. When the park opened safety was a concern. Some people became crazed, pushing through the line yelling at others. Any concern or compassion for others was out the window. It was especially concerning for those in wheelchairs or ECVs and I’m sure for those with young children or family members with special needs.

While there will always be “those people” I think with the urgency of getting that boarding group right away gone, that most people will relax improving safety for everyone.

Sorry if this has already been answered but there is literally not enough time in the day to read everything about ROTR, we are hoping to get there early enough for a BG but we have a 12.30pm droid factory res and a 2.05pm ogas res. Will we be charged if have to prioritise ROTR? Obviously we would go and explain, not just no show. But if dh doesn't get on ROTR I foresee a bad mood and much ample hills ice cream needed.
So stressful when you are the one planning for the whole family sometimes!

Sorry if this has already been answered but there is literally not enough time in the day to read everything about ROTR, we are hoping to get there early enough for a BG but we have a 12.30pm droid factory res and a 2.05pm ogas res. Will we be charged if have to prioritise ROTR? Obviously we would go and explain, not just no show. But if dh doesn't get on ROTR I foresee a bad mood and much ample hills ice cream needed.

You have a 2-hr window to return for your BG, so I don't think fitting in those other experiences should be a problem.

There was

You had a two hour window after your BG was called to board when I was there the first week. That would probably cover a quick visit to Oga’s.

Once you get your BG, if you foresee a problem/conflict, you may also go talk to the CMs at the attractions where your reservations are in jeopardy. From what I've read, they will likely adjust or cancel for you if needed (without penalty).

6:29 am left room to see if skyliners open.
They don’t open until 6:45 am
6:30 called Lyft
6:32 in Lyft
Had no bags went to right (but not last two. Seemed like line 4th from the right was fastest
6:45 tapped in
7:00 am BG opened My daughter did four of us and I did the rest. She was one second faster and got 9 and I got 34.
7:14 am BG 9 called (we had a daughter not feeling 100% so that’s why we split. I wanted her to be able to ride as soon as possible and go back to the room and knew my teenage daughter has super fast reflexes.)
My group 34 Rode ToT, TSMM, SDD (had FP), and ate at ToyBox.
9:14 am in line (we were a little delayed from being called.)
9:31 am on ride

I saw this asked but I couldn't find the answer:

When opening time rolls around, does the "Join Boarding Group" automatically switch from grayed-out to active, or do you have to back out to the front page of the app and go back in? (Or do you have to exit the app entirely?) Just trying to figure out if I need to be constantly going in and out of the RotR page or if I can just keep it there and wait for the boarding group button to become active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter