READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really interesting comparing my two experiences last week to pics like the below:

I arrived at the tapstyles one day around 7:35 and the other day around 7:50 (8am openings). Both were easy entry. I didn’t go much past Brown Derby, but conditions in the front of the park during this time are quite pleasant, relatively speaking. Easy to move around, short enough waits at various coffee/snack stands (but not Starbucks), etc.

Unless you really want/need to rope drop SWGE or TSL, you can easily craft a “getting a BG” morning that avoids a lot of this chaos and waiting around, if one so chooses.

It’s really interesting comparing my two experiences last week to pics like the below:

I arrived at the tapstyles one day around 7:35 and the other day around 7:50 (8am openings). Both were easy entry. I didn’t go much past Brown Derby, but conditions in the front of the park during this time are quite pleasant, relatively speaking. Easy to move around, short enough waits at various coffee/snack stands (but not Starbucks), etc.

Unless you really want/need to rope drop SWGE or TSL, you can easily craft a “getting a BG” morning that avoids a lot of this chaos and waiting around, if one so chooses.
agreed, I was not rope dropping anything and stayed at the seating are for Min and Bills and it was not crowded at all.
I might try again on Tuesday, have the media event for Drawn to Life and MMRR but don't have to check in at DS until 8:30am, so might try for a bg, if I'll be at the park all day might as well right

The second post on this thread talks of "The Chart" but I can't click on anything to bring it up.

I assume it's a chart of how many boarding groups and how fast they filled up?

Without reading through 587 pages of posts, I assume the summary is get into the park and be quick on MDE. a minute or so later the groups for the day will have filled up.

Any estimate of the success rate for people who entered by park opening? To me that's more important - to get to the park say an hour before opening and having say only a 25% chance of getting a boarding group would be a huge factor in deciding whether to even try.

Also, with all of the crowds being in the park to get a BG, is it even possible to have a good RD experience for SDD, TOT, or RNRC? Seems like the waits for these rides will be crazy. With an 8a park opening, what time would you arrive?
I don't know about TOT or RNRC, but if you want to rope drop SDD you need to be at the front of the pack of people, so I would target a 6:30 arrival. We got there around 7 AM and it wasn't going to happen. The line was already at least 90 minutes long for SDD, and by 9AM it was out of TSL and past the Voyage of the Little Mermaid theater.

Plan on using Uber/Lyft to get there if you're not within walking distance. Minnie Vans don't start running until 6:30, and our first bus at the Contemporary was 6:45 most days. Skyliner started around 7 maybe? Even then due to the low rider throughput of the ride expect an hour long wait in the AM.

RD and the crowd levels at HS are just nuts since ROTR opened. I don't expect the thick of Spring Break it'll get any better.

For reference I took the photo attached at 8:37, on Wed Feb 19 showing the SDD queue.

Attachments

• E89C34B3-CF21-48EB-9E28-3F0025EEA5F8.jpeg
    E89C34B3-CF21-48EB-9E28-3F0025EEA5F8.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 53
our kids made a BB8 and LOVED the experience (we did the package with the carrying case and "resistance" personality chip - it was by a mile the best souvenir

Was there a discount if you bought the package? Do you remember the cost?

Your report was great—thanks for all the tips for managing the process with small children. I love the idea of the photo shoot.

So is it safe to assume busses start to run by 630-645 daily even if park opens at 9? Or does that get pushed an hour later also?

we aren’t going to rope drop anything. All we need is a boarding group for a 9 am opening as it stands now for our week in Easter.

so if not doing anything but grabbing a boarding group can I bus it from akl?

So is it safe to assume busses start to run by 630-645 daily even if park opens at 9? Or does that get pushed an hour later also?

we aren’t going to rope drop anything. All we need is a boarding group for a 9 am opening as it stands now for our week in Easter.

Shouldn't be a problem. Just need to have your entire party be inside the park by 9AM and ready to grab a BG.

Any estimate of the success rate for people who entered by park opening? To me that's more important - to get to the park say an hour before opening and having say only a 25% chance of getting a boarding group would be a huge factor in deciding whether to even try.
we've only had 6 bad days where all bg, regular and backups were gone in a minute, other than that, everyone there at park opening and for the next 3 minutes and up have been able to join a bg. Obviously the faster you join the lower the bg is and the more probability you are to ride, but from the data on the chart a bg lower than 80 almost always means you will ride

the bus hours will be pushed up an hour IF the 9am opening stay, which I'm sure will change to 8am

Possible MFSR having FP contributing to this? That people that couldn't get a FP feel they need to be there even earlier to avoid long wait?

We were there on President's Day and it wasn't that crowded so trying to think of why now is worse

I remember when I was with my Dad a few weeks ago we were waiting at the TSL (we were gonna RD TSM as we had a SDD FP). We were inbetween little mermaid and the walt disney presents. When we got BG 2, I told him we're heading over to GE now and just camping there in case the ride boots up quick. By the time we walked over there obviously we were behind the mob to get in. It def took us at least 10 minutes to finally reach inside GE from TSL. Thankfully it was worth it as the ride booted up around 815-820

If we hadn't done that, we wouldn't have gotten on the ride as quick as we did as it wasn't a good day and broke down right after we rode it.

I plan to not rope drop anything. No thank you, mass of people! We were lucky enough to snag FP at each one of the DHS changes that happened so over a couple days we’ve got for everything we need, except MFSR. I’d rather take my chances with same day FP, hope for a late ride, or skip it all together than do that crowd with kids and a stroller.

We’re aiming for the laid back version of the BG grabfest for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter