READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without divulging any spoilers, can anyone help me understand why oh why they can't get this running right? It's a huge negative in my mind that Disney, where they strive to do things right has mucked this up so badly. I understand *stuff* happens, but almost every day?

Mods, please delete if this could go sideways.

Without divulging any spoilers, can anyone help me understand why oh why they can't get this running right? It's a huge negative in my mind that Disney, where they strive to do things right has mucked this up so badly. I understand *stuff* happens, but almost every day?

Brand new and innovative attraction with lots of different moving parts that need to be working at the same time for the full or close to full experience.

I've been stalking this thread for a week or so.... and have questions.

About practice, we have dated park tix, first day is 3/13, should I be able to practice, or does the app know I COULD NOT be in the park? I can't get beyond My Status.

Starting 3/15,DHS hours are 9-8:30. If the are going to open earlier, when would we likely see the change?

TIA!

About practice, we have dated park tix, first day is 3/13, should I be able to practice, or does the app know I COULD NOT be in the park? I can't get beyond My Status.

Starting 3/15,DHS hours are 9-8:30. If the are going to open earlier, when would we likely see the change?

TIA!

Have you been trying in the morning around 8:00 eastern?

There’s just a lot to it, with probably cutting edge technology that’s also cutting edge buggy.

TIA!
Yes, you don't need the tickets really, just open the app, and on the first page you will see "find out more" right on the Star Wars section. At straight up opening time, you hit that find out more button, and then on the next screen, if "join boarding group" is red, hit it, or if not, go into "my status." If the "join a boarding group" is brighter blue hit that. When either "join boarding group" is active, you will be able to pick your people from a list, and click the button. That's when it will know ya'll are not in a park, and that's as far as you go.

I have had better luck with the new update on IPhones after modifying settings. Get rid of Bluetooth and background refresh in that app.
Where's the Bluetooth settings in the App? Never mind, found it in the iPhone settings -> Disney World, not in the App itself.

TIA!
Pretty much when you practice, you can keep an eye in the Find Out More section to see if your Join Boarding Group goes red (in the My Status though please note it does't go red, instead it just becomes more like a white and blue button instead of being greyed out. Once you click Join Boarding Group, it'll ask you to choose your party members but then after doing that it'll likely then recognize you're not in the park so you'll pretty much be unable to go further. The practicing is more just to see what it's like when the Join button goes red.

As for 3/15, keep checking back and they may change it. I know when they changed my day back in January, it was literally the week prior they changed it from an 8 am open to 7 am.

TIA!
I'm pretty sure they changed my day from 9 AM to 8 AM only the week prior I was just glad they didn't change it to 7 AM!

I just went to look at numbers (because nerd) and saw you updated, you’re so quick!

For those who enjoy watching the numbers, 3 out of the last 10 days, so 30%, have been “bad” days. 10 days, because that’s where the red line is so my eyes didn’t screw up the count 😂. Easy to say from home, but knowing that possibility I think will help me keep my expectations in check.

I'll expand the data a little bit to try to give a bigger sample size. :-)

There have been 58 days under the current BG arrangement. Hard to say where we should draw the line with a "good" and "bad" day, but if we say anything <7 BG per hour average is a bad day, that's around 13% of the days so far. If we say <8 BG per hour is "bad", then around 21% of the days so far.

Definitely a good reminder that occasionally there are just going to be days where ride operations may not be in your favor.

BG per Hour# of Days% of Total Days
<512%
5-6712%
6-700%
7-847%
8-9916%
9-10814%
10-111322%
11-121119%
12-1359%

There have been 58 days under the current BG arrangement. Hard to say where we should draw the line with a "good" and "bad" day, but if we say anything <7 BG per hour average is a bad day, that's around 13% of the days so far. If we say <8 BG per hour is "bad", then around 21% of the days so far.

Definitely a good reminder that occasionally there are just going to be days where ride operations may not be in your favor.

<512%
5-6712%
6-700%
7-847%
8-9916%
9-10814%
10-111322%
11-121119%
12-1359%
That’s not as bad as I would have thought. They have a lot more good days then bad.

That’s not as bad as I would have thought. They have a lot more good days then bad.

Even with the crap numbers with the smaller sample sizes (since the bad days seem to be clustered in the more recent weeks), the glass half full perspective is if 3/10 of the last days were bad, 7/10 were good! If someone told you a lottery ticket had a 70% chance of winning, you’d buy one.

Even I can be positive sometimes 😂

<512%
5-6712%
6-700%
7-847%
8-9916%
9-10814%
10-111322%
11-121119%
12-1359%

Love this! Thank you :)

If I want multiple people in my party to attempt to try to get a boarding group while we are in Hollywood Studios, do I need to “share my plans” via My Disney Experience with everyone in my party?

I booked the trip and didn’t know if I would be the only one who could try to get us all a boarding group if everyone’s plans are managed by me on the app.

So turn off the background refresh when using app for BGs or turn off Bluetooth and make sure background refresh is on? What is background refresh anyway!!
You can turn off both as far as I understand it. Background refresh keeps the app actively receiving info even when it’s not active (but is in the background) and Bluetooth enables some in-park communication between your device and devices on property but not Boarding Group. The Bluetooth was such a battery suck that I figure it must be striving-away trying to do something even though I’m in Vermont? When I had Bluetooth on, I could literally watch my battery life ticking down on my IPhone 7. The Disney tech folks told me to turn off background refresh and make sure cell data was on. They didn’t mention Bluetooth, but I’m sure they’re discouraged from telling users to shut it off!

<512%
5-6712%
6-700%
7-847%
8-9916%
9-10814%
10-111322%
11-121119%
12-1359%

I really like this! Is this only for HS RotR? DL RotR? Combined?

The curve plot would be interesting (not asking you to do it), but it shows the BG cluster at 8-12 over the sample set.

ETA: Disregard DL RotR and combined. I re-read about the sample size # days being 58.

Hello everyone, I'm a lurker and found this amazing thread a few days ago. Thank you everyone for the tips, and please bear with me if I'm asking a question that has been answered already:
We will have 3 cell phones (my husband, son, and I)... can I have everyone logged into the same account to join the BG?
We only have one account (mine), and they're showing as my party.

Not sure if I should create different users for husband and son, have each account linked to show us as a party, and have everyone try from their own account.

Does it matter?

Thanks. I look forward to reporting my FIRST trip ever, in about 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter