READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really trying to have a positive attitude about this, but it is hard. We will be there spring break, so it will be crowded. My family is not keen on getting up early, but we're all willing to do it for this ride. But if I force my family out of bed (even with the prior agreement, it will take Jedi power to get them all out of bed), and then we still don't get a boarding group, I'm afraid there will be tears from the youngest, and frustration from everyone else. I've planned our day where it will be fun regardless of whether we get to ride, but still...I feel like I have to be ready for disappointment.
As of now the DHS hours for my trip in a couple weeks is still 8a. At this point it is 50/50 I will be able to successfully get my family there by 7:30 to ensure we are in the park by 8a for BGs. If they change to 7a I will be going on this ride solo...I already laid the groundwork for this. So, do that and you yourself wont be disappointed
:)

I am really trying to have a positive attitude about this, but it is hard. We will be there spring break, so it will be crowded. My family is not keen on getting up early, but we're all willing to do it for this ride. But if I force my family out of bed (even with the prior agreement, it will take Jedi power to get them all out of bed), and then we still don't get a boarding group, I'm afraid there will be tears from the youngest, and frustration from everyone else. I've planned our day where it will be fun regardless of whether we get to ride, but still...I feel like I have to be ready for disappointment.

Try to get someone outside the parks to help you. I got a low boarding group for a friend at disneyland last week. He told me his app took longer than expected and got kinda stuck for both of the phones he was trying (him and his wife). He practiced from home too, but being in a crowded place can make a difference. So, if you think you can have someone with a good wifi connection at home, it would really help with your chances.

Also, I will be there in a couple of weeks and if I don´t get one I will cry too and I'm over 30 hahahaha :P, so I get the frustation.

As of now the DHS hours for my trip in a couple weeks is still 8a. At this point it is 50/50 I will be able to successfully get my family there by 7:30 to ensure we are in the park by 8a for BGs. If they change to 7a I will be going on this ride solo...I already laid the groundwork for this. So, do that and you yourself wont be disappointed
:)
Try to get someone outside the parks to help you. I got a low boarding group for a friend at disneyland last week. He told me his app took longer than expected and got kinda stuck for both of the phones he was trying (him and his wife). He practiced from home too, but being in a crowded place can make a difference. So, if you think you can have someone with a good wifi connection at home, it would really help with your chances.

Also, I will be there in a couple of weeks and if I don´t get one I will cry too and I'm over 30 hahahaha :P, so I get the frustation.

I'm glad I'm not alone.:thumbsup2 I've been thinking there's a chance they change opening time spring break week to 7am. If that happens, I think my family will bail on trying to get a boarding group. I will say a lot of our frustration was lifted when I was able to snag Runaway Railway FP+.

I guess it's good to have this outlet to vent frustrations and anxieties ahead of time - but hopefully you'll also feel as prepared as can be for the day of. I'll be in the sea of humanity of Spring Break, too. All I can do is worry about the things I can control (waking up early) and the things I can influence (waking up the family early). I think today was a real anomaly as to how quickly backup BGs went. By and large, backups have been available for quite some time after the initial BGs have been issued and most days they have gotten through backups, too. But that's of little comfort to those that were there today and didn't score either a regular or backup. As excited as I am, my expectations are in line - and I'm sure we will still have a great day there. Good luck!

I'm glad I'm not alone.:thumbsup2 I've been thinking there's a chance they change opening time spring break week to 7am. If that happens, I think my family will bail on trying to get a boarding group. I will say a lot of our frustration was lifted when I was able to snag Runaway Railway FP+.
Me too! I'm so glad we have that to look forward to on our first HS day! Plus we have SDD for the second day and my boys are looking forward to that given that we missed it by one week on our last trip.

well... time for a family meeting, then. Find out if they actually want to do this, and if they don’t, then give it a pass. It’s so high stress, it’s not worth dragging people who don’t want to be there.

Very well said. I hope the powers that be are listening. Supply and demand aside, what this system is creating is a LOT of anxiety for already anxious families risking our precious vacation dollars.

We KNOW we'll have fun. We KNOW we'll love all the new stuff and the beloved old stuff.

But planning for, paying for, and participating in, RotR hootenanny is a seriously taxing business.
:banana::banana::banana:

Very well said. I hope the powers that be are listening. Supply and demand aside, what this system is creating is a LOT of anxiety for already anxious families risking our precious vacation dollars.

We KNOW we'll have fun. We KNOW we'll love all the new stuff and the beloved old stuff.

But planning for, paying for, and participating in, RotR hootenanny is a seriously taxing business.
:banana::banana::banana:
Disney is trying their best to fix the reliability of this attraction which is the main issue. If the ride was reliable it would be open for standby.
Knowing what you have to do to have a chance of experiencing it and then making a decision based on you and your families needs and wants is the best thing you can do.
It is your vacation and your money after all

iPhone users, are you guys still having app issues (if you were after the last update)? I haven’t been able to open it again today 🤦🏻‍♀️

Crowds? I got this. Getting to to the bus stop early? Fine. Taming My Disney Experience? Yeah, maybe not lol.

iPhone users, are you guys still having app issues (if you were after the last update)? I haven’t been able to open it again today 🤦🏻‍♀️

Crowds? I got this. Getting to to the bus stop early? Fine. Taming My Disney Experience? Yeah, maybe not lol.

I have a 10xs max plus and still on the previous software version..so I will try every now and then just to see what happens. I tried this morning right at 8 and was able to launch app and get thru the steps to join BG in about 5-6 seconds twice until it will say I need to be in park ... from home. Been that speed for almost every time I try, but I'm sure it won't be that quick when I'm there in May.
I have very fast wi-fi..about 100mbps+ download and 10+ upload. Just as fast with ATT most times too.

We have an ADR at Garden Grill for 8:30 on Sunday. Trying to decide if it would be feasible to be at HS for opening, get a boarding pass, and then get to the Land in time for the ADR. Have a 5 year old with short legs to factor in as well.
Knowing my luck we’d get the first boarding group and miss our window while we have breakfast...

I have had better luck with the new update on IPhones after modifying settings. Get rid of Bluetooth and background refresh in that app.

We have an ADR at Garden Grill for 8:30 on Sunday. Trying to decide if it would be feasible to be at HS for opening, get a boarding pass, and then get to the Land in time for the ADR. Have a 5 year old with short legs to factor in as well.
Knowing my luck we’d get the first boarding group and miss our window while we have breakfast...

As long as the skyliner is open and working well, you’ll make it. Maybe a couple minutes late.

Personally I would stay in DHS until the BG is snagged incase of issues, leave immediately unless you have a very early group (in which case you may have to decide ADR or BG), and hop on the skyliner. Without lines and with minimal stopping, we made it in 17 minutes end to end from DHS to Epcot.

Shoulder rides for the 5 year old if he’s slowing you down lol. Without the skyliner the boat will probably make you late unless one is right there, and walking will be somewhat on time but iffy with a young kid.

It would be pretty tight. You would need to stay in the front of HS and move fast after bg. Bag check could slow you down getting into EP. We were able to get boarding pass, ride tower of terror and make it to EP for 9am rope drop. They dropped the rope at EP as we were walking up to the group waiting. We were near the front of ToT RD but not sure how long the total ride took. We had the added walk back down sunset but you would have the walk to land pavilion. The lines were short for skyliner (especially leaving hs) which opened at 8am that morning.

BG 65 today of 71 guaranteed. If they can’t accommodate, does a fastpass for tomorrow automatically show up on MDE?

I wouldn’t try it. Way too stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter