READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking from home, regular boarding groups appear to be still available at 7:13

Edited: Reading previous post, it must have closed right after I checked. At 7:15 it was onto backup when I rechecked

Our family of four is planning on getting to HS 30-45 min before park opening. Our plan is to grab a BG and rope drop SRMF. We have two little ones and will have a double stroller. Thoughts on strategy for where to park the stroller efficiently so we can get to the SRMF waiting area as quickly as possible?

(And apologies if this same Q has been asked!)
SRMF?

Took boat from beach Club, through security by 6:45
on iPhone 6S, no cellular plan (b/c I’m cheap) and on WiFi. Kept dropping off.
Was trying to connect and kept losing a signal. Got BG 92. It’s fine because we had early day plans.
AVOID WIFI.
An update- tried again this morning. Wanted to do it again before we left. WIFI again. But this time, I figured out a new hack - the bathrooms by the electric wheelchairs to the right as you enter. I had full WiFi coverage in there (still got BG 89 at 7:01). But solid, consistent wifi.

As mentionned in post # 2 :

I actually knew about the two hour return time. But if it happens to be called when I'm heading to EPCOT for a dinner reservation and I don't get back in the two hour window, I'm out of luck? So at that point I'd either have to choose between paying a no-show fee for my ADR or not getting on ROTR?

I actually knew about the two hour return time. But if it happens to be called when I'm heading to EPCOT for a dinner reservation and I don't get back in the two hour window, I'm out of luck? So at that point I'd either have to choose between paying a no-show fee for my ADR or not getting on ROTR?
How long is dinner?
For example let's say your ADR at Epcot is at 3pm
Your BG gets called at 3pm
You are at Epcot for your ADR at 2:45pm, checked in, they should sit you at 3pm
you have an hour and a half to eat before you have to leave and make your way back to DHS (30 min is about the time you need from any point at WDW to get back to DHS)
In any case if you do end up missing your ADR for whatever reason you can talk to GR and they will wave the fee

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Arrived again this morning at 6:10am. Parked in almost the same spot as yesterday. In line by 6:15am.

Opened tapstiles at 6:20am arrived at Echo Lake at 6:25am (that is where the line into GE ended at that time) and grabbed a seat at one of the tables there.

7:02am assigned to BG 86. 7:20 back in the car headed back to villa. Still not getting any listing for groups boarding. It may be a long day but at least I'm not trying to kill 5 hours at DHS. It looks like there were 109 BGs before going to Backup BGs today.

Backup BG starts at 110 according to MDE... And as of 8:23 the ride isn't boarding so another day with a late start.

Our family of four is planning on getting to HS 30-45 min before park opening. Our plan is to grab a BG and rope drop SRMF. We have two little ones and will have a double stroller. Thoughts on strategy for where to park the stroller efficiently so we can get to the SRMF waiting area as quickly as possible?

(And apologies if this same Q has been asked!)

If the alley is open that goes between ABC Commissary and the Frozen theater I was able to park our stroller on December 16th directly across from the entrance to ABC commissary which was on our way back to Galaxy’s Edge. I’m not sure if that alley has been closed off since the boarding group process changed. There is also stroller parking in front of Hollywood and Vine.

If the alley is open that goes between ABC Commissary and the Frozen theater I was able to park our stroller on December 16th directly across from the entrance to ABC commissary which was on our way back to Galaxy’s Edge. I’m not sure if that alley has been closed off since the boarding group process changed. There is also stroller parking in front of Hollywood and Vine.
If the poster is talking about MFSR they can walk the stroller all the way to the Falcon, there's stroller parking there. CM are walking people over so there's not much running at all

I wish we could create a giant poster of this comment!! So many people are trying to over-complicate it, but it’s really this easy. And if your fingers are slower you’ll get a higher BG but probably no big deal if you planned a flexible day as is recommended.

(I’m not trying to downplay the “stress” around this. I’m stressed a bit about it...but there’s only so many things I can control so eventually we just gotta go with what works best)

I wouldn't be feeling stress, if my trip wasn't scheduled for Pres. Day weekend. Due to kids' schedules we do not have the option to travel at "low" crowds times. I think the experience of 1/2-1/5 just has me on alert. If I was traveling on a weekday in January or early February I would be feeling pretty confident. I think all of my fellow DISers can relate, though, when you are the planner of the trip, you just want to be able to give everyone the best trip that you can. You just feel a certain level of self-induced pressure.

All of that being said, though, this is only a ride. If we get on great! If we don't, we'll just have to roll with it. And that is coming from someone who isn't local, who doesn't have an AP, who probably won't have her whole family back to WDW for another year or two, and who has spent a couple thousand on this trip. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter