READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, today was a long day! But after all my hard work practicing paid off 😂. It turns out that our group, 15, turned out to be the first group called. BUT, we went on SR and then had a FP for ToT so we waited for about an hour after they called the group for us to go. But! Turns out that they had some troubles at the start, so I feel really thankful that the full ride was up by the time we got there. Actually - I have no idea if it was because I tried so hard to avoid spoilers. But pretty sure we saw all of it. We had all 11 of us signed into my account. And three other people in Maryland trying. 😭 In the end, it was me, using my iPhone 10 on AT&T who got the boarding group. 🏆 Some in my group had a lot of problems refreshing the app. We were standing in the line to waiting to get on SR, in front of a theater. My service was great. Everyone loved the day. We are exhausted. Thank you!!

I love that despite having 14 people trying, it was you, the researcher, who gets to claim victory. And BG 15, the first of the day, no less. Talk about a pay off!!

I might have actually shed a tear if it were me 😂

View attachment 464202

View attachment 464209

source.gif
Thanks for doing this. Keep it coming! I'm using it to determine my plan within the next few weeks.

I'm going to have to start studying the opening hours of all the parks and my FPs for my stay (Jan 20 to 31) to see when I can try and grab BGs without scrapping all my "planning".

So I thought now that I’m waiting for dinner I thought I would share my tale of not so fun shenanigans to ride Rise of the Resistance this trip and why I asked about filing a complaint. A big note about me: it takes a lot to piss me off and get me angry like today and I really hate filing complaints. I would much rather go by GR to leave a compliment. In fact that’s usually why I’m in GR is to file a compliment while everything that happened is fresh.

6:45 AM Thursday morning finish the 5k get the medal and immediately start walking to where the Lyft pickup for Epcot is shortly before 7 picked up and I have my Boarding Group by 7:13.

~2:30pm: Ride goes down again for the second time that day and knowing I need to get to Animal Kingdom for the tour but not sure if I’ll make it back in time I go to Guest Relations to plead my case knowing there’s a chance. Am assigned a FP that works with the ride. After this is where the problems start.

6:30: Tour finished I arrive back at Hollywood Studios after going there straight from the tour and head straight for the ride. Find out it’s down, again. And they aren’t going to admit anyone else tonight. They’re giving out recovery FPs to anyone who was in the BGs already called (standard protocol for the ride when it goes down for the night without all of the initial boarding groups having been finished) which mine was. Knowing I have an FP from earlier I approach and speak to two cast members to confirm it will work tomorrow. Both say yes and one even checks his iPad to make sure. I grab a ride on Smugglers and Slinky Dog with my DAS and then head out

10:00 am Friday: Finished the 10k have the app open to link my photos and decide to check the FP. It’s now vanished from my account. Great back to Guest Relations then.

1:00 pm: Arrive at DHS after catching a nap. Long arduous conversation with the CM. It’s clear from the start that they didn’t want to reenstate the FP. Had to fill out some paperwork. About ready to start crying from being tired and just how much time effort I’ve put into trying to get this ride. I make the comment about what the two different CMs who didn’t even have a chance to talk to each other told me. But I clearly can tell the CM whether or not she realizes it is shutting down on me and I won’t get any further with this. And I doubt her supervisor would help in fact it might make it worse. So I take the FP and leave.

By the time I arrived at ROTR I had gone from upset to fuming and angry so much I didn’t start to calm down until the first pre show room. I had spent plenty of prep time reading about standard recovery enough time in this thread to know that when the ride goes down the standard is to issue a recovery FP if your in a BG that’s already been called. I was not in the wrong to be asking for it to get it reinstated but the way it went down made me feel that way.

Still love the ride but boy was this a mess.
I am confused why you think asking to see the supervisor would have made it worse

i get being annoyed. Totally would be too. But I wouldn’t give up on escalating

Be flexible.

See what BG you get on Sunday. If it's an early one, wait around to see when they start calling BGs for the day. Especially in the morning, you can get through RotR pretty quick after you are called, so you might get the entire ride done with before heading back to your family at the resort.

Is there a reason you need to go pick your family up and they cannot come on their own on the skyliner? like maybe you're the only adult?

If your family didn't plan to come back until around 10:30, I'd say you'd have plenty of time to decide that morning after seeing what BG you get and when they start the ride for the day. HS to POP is pretty quick with the skyliner working...even if they don't start operation until about 7:30 in the morning...so you'd have to wait 30 minutes past park opening anyways.

I was gonna head back to get one of the kids ready as my wife tries to get ready her self and the other kid. Tag Team lol

I was gonna head back to get one of the kids ready as my wife tries to get ready her self and the other kid. Tag Team lol
That will work unless you get an early number. Then you won’t be able to go get them. They’ll have to just join you when they can

As long as you are the only one that is riding your plan is ok

Yep. Definitely. Someone in our group has a DAS card. They can’t go that early anyhow as Disney Transportation won’t get them there early enough

It’s unfortunate they don’t allow these DAS recipients the same privlede other rides have and offer.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask about getting a backup FP if your boarding group doesn’t get called — I know it can’t be a backup boarding group.
Is it just FP connected to the magic bands or a physical one? I’m worried it’ll get applied to a ride that’s my precooked FP and I’m outta luck to use it for rotr.
And what if you have plans in another park the following day? Do they provide a hopper attachment or a full day ticket that can be used within a week or something? When people have already made their reservations, FPS etc, how does this rotr consolation FP get to fit in?

For those with trips coming up in the next few weeks who are trying to get a sense of what WEEKEND RotR BGs (and overall DHS touring) looks like... pay attention to this weekend! The MLK Jr holiday is going to greatly skew next weekend's results.

As long as @yulilin3 and others continue to provide the early AM info, I will continue to maintain "The Chart" until 1/24 (after that, my trip begins).

Yep. Definitely. Someone in our group has a DAS card. They can’t go that early anyhow as Disney Transportation won’t get them there early enough

It’s unfortunate they don’t allow these DAS recipients the same privlede other rides have and offer.
They do have the same privilege for das card. Everyone that wants to ride must be in the park in the morning, join a bg, then when your bg is called return and let the cm know you have the das card and they will put you through the fp line instead of standby.
Also Disney buses will get you to dhs in time you just have to take the earliest burs

Arriving at WDW Sunday. DHS day is the 16th. Will post our results.
plan is either bus or Lyft from POP at 6:00 (thankful our opening time changed to 7:00) will have bags and heading right for taps.
Head down sunset to wait for BG time so we can rope drop tower and rockin.

appreciate everyone sharing their results and tips!

MTFBWY!!

2nd time at DHS (first time Thursday): BG 27.

Went again today. Got up later, very worth it. Got on the bus at 615, got at the park at 625. In by 635. Enjoyed a pretzel, had some coffee.

Started refreshing (NOT on Disney Wifi) by Tower. Less people here than other parts 100%. Very easy, many people around me got in the 20s as well.

Mom and I both had to close the app completely to get the boarding group option to show up. Judging by the cheers it opened about 30 seconds after 7:00. We got 73 at 7:01. They made the announcement about boarding groups a few seconds after seven and about ten seconds later people started cheering. That’s when we both closed the app and reopened it.

Edited to add we parked at 6:40. No wait at security or to get in. Huge mass of people waiting to head to BSO so we went to Sunset. Both have AT&T.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter