READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was not low crowd though. We left resort around 6:18 (POFQ) and we’re in park (with a bag) by 6:48. Got group 111 a late group as only one person was connected on MDE to all of us (guess minor children can’t be connected to others even if all sharing is checked). Had a tech challenge and originally had 40 but something crashed and she had to start over. When our group was called the BG line was at least 1.5 hours long. The DD we were with has a DAS and we used that to skip that waiting (she was already in pain from all we’d done that day) and walked right into first area. Ride is awesome. Going to try for another ride tomorrow with just me and DH (DD and her fam had to head home for work/school Tuesday). Lines everywhere in park insanely long but still managed a last minute FP for 2 on RR at 755pm.

My worry is that ROTR has made this the DHS norm and this is no longer considered a crowded day but average.

You math is off by a factor or 10. 😉 Educated guesses are 75-100 per BG.

We’re all speculating here but many of us seem to feel that the # of guests in a BG is not being altered day to day. It just seems to add an unnecessary variable to the process when they can simply use the # of BGs itself to control crowd flow.

Yeah, i used the (1,000-1,300 per hour) as the per boarding group. I leave for vacation in 2 days and apparently my brain is already checked out. Lol

My worry is that ROTR has made this the DHS norm and this is no longer considered a crowded day but average.
Yes, I agree - DHS is just simply going to be busy earlier now. If you look at the full list of wait times right now across all parks, the other parks seem to be experiencing normal “slower season” rope drops. 30 minutes into the day and Space is at 40, Peter Pan is only 50, Soarin is still at 30 & TT at 50 (and that’s with FEA down).

So I'm going to be at HS in a little over 2 weeks, and I have some questions I am curious about. If they have been answered in previous posts, I apologize:

1. Where do people gather when waiting for the clock to strike 7? How close to SWGE are you allowed to get? I think I heard someone say they let people near Star Tours. Is this correct?

2. One strategy I might have is to hang out near one of the "blue umbrella guys" just in case I have any IT issues right at 7. Do people think this is a smart thing to do? Where are they located? Are they just near the front of the park, or are they spread throughout the park?

Thank you everyone who gives such GREAT information on this forum!!!!

Yes, I agree - DHS is just simply going to be busy earlier now. If you look at the full list of wait times right now across all parks, the other parks seem to be experiencing normal “slower season” rope drops. 30 minutes into the day and Space is at 40, Peter Pan is only 50, Soarin is still at 30 & TT at 50 (and that’s with FEA down).

It’s a shame. Even with the move to (basically) everything in tier 1 there, DH and I found we were able to move pretty easily through all the attractions at DHS last time we were there. Multiple times.

DHS was one of the best rope drop options IMO, with 3 legitimate directions with pretty good payoff to head off in and pretty stress free instead of a FoP type situation. Thanks ROTR 🙃

So I'm going to be at HS in a little over 2 weeks, and I have some questions I am curious about. If they have been answered in previous posts, I apologize:

1. Where do people gather when waiting for the clock to strike 7? How close to SWGE are you allowed to get? I think I heard someone say they let people near Star Tours. Is this correct?

2. One strategy I might have is to hang out near one of the "blue umbrella guys" just in case I have any IT issues right at 7. Do people think this is a smart thing to do? Where are they located? Are they just near the front of the park, or are they spread throughout the park?

Thank you everyone who gives such GREAT information on this forum!!!!
1. It depends where the CM place the ropes for rope drop. It could be at the intersection of Hollywood and Vine or all the way to Baseline taphouse and the entrance to TSLand. The decision is made daily by park operations team
2. Many people are doing this now. There's a blue umbrella by the director statue, one by Baseline Taphouse, one by the entrance to TSLand and one by the entrance to ToT

It’s a shame. Even with the move to (basically) everything in tier 1 there, DH and I found we were able to move pretty easily through all the attractions at DHS last time we were there. Multiple times.

DHS was one of the best rope drop options IMO, with 3 legitimate directions with pretty good payoff to head off in and pretty stress free instead of a FoP type situation. Thanks ROTR 🙃
not to long ago people considered DHS a half a day park, now and with the addition of MMRR that is a thing of the past. So I guess that's a good thing? :)

So for everyone that says that a good plan is all you need to beat heavy crowds, what’s a good plan for DHS now? It seems crazy that every ride in the park has at least a 35 minute wait and the shows haven’t even started.

I get that because of the tiering there are more tier 1 fast passes available later in the day but what do you do before 10:30 when initial fast passes aren’t used up yet and shows haven’t started? Legitimately asking because I’m going to be in DHS, god willing, next Wednesday and I have no idea what to do. I’ve never been to Disney during busy times.

And they open at 7 or 8 everyday but no shows start until 10, 11 and 12! Our agenda in a few weeks calls for a lot of character M&Gs between 8 and 10 now 🤣

So for everyone that says that a good plan is all you need to beat heavy crowds, what’s a good plan for DHS now? It seems crazy that every ride in the park has at least a 35 minute wait and the shows haven’t even started.

I get that because of the tiering there are more tier 1 fast passes available later in the day but what do you do before 10:30 when initial fast passes aren’t used up yet and shows haven’t started? Legitimately asking because I’m going to be in DHS, god willing, next Wednesday and I have no idea what to do. I’ve never been to Disney during busy times.
what fps do you have?

...ended up with BG 15... Interestingly, a group of 5 next to me logged same time and ended up BG 61... what really determines your number?
I'm wondering if the randomness we see with the BG people are getting might also be due to # of people in each party. Let me try to explain. Assuming each BG has room for a 100 people and we're up to BG 25 that has 97 persons in it. Will a group of 5 get BG 26 or 25? And if I'm solo will I get 26 after the group of 5 or will I get 25 because there's still room in it for my party size? I'm going to be there in 12 days so I'm following this thread daily... if not hourly to see how the situation evolves.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the system tries to balance party sizes for each BG, making sure to have plenty of matches to expedite the live line once called. If a BG already has an abundance of 'parties of 5', they'll put a party of 4 into the next workable group.

Need more data! :D Please add party size as a DP.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the system tries to balance party sizes for each BG, making sure to have plenty of matches to expedite the live line once called. If a BG already has an abundance of 'parties of 5', they'll put a party of 4 into the next workable group.

Need more data! :D Please add party size as a DP.
This might just be me... but I think you are giving Disney IT WAAAAAAY too much credit here. I don’t think it’s nearly as sophisticated as many of us are guessing.

not to long ago people considered DHS a half a day park, now and with the addition of MMRR that is a thing of the past. So I guess that's a good thing? :)

It is quite cool how quickly that park has changed from the days of the TSMM stampede to now, with the addition of what will be 3 new legitimate headliners since then and a couple secondary attractions (sorry, MFSR, that’s you lol).

Always makes me think of the implementation of tiers at DHS 6 or so years ago, when it was explained over and over that they had to do it, otherwise everybody would be going for the same one attraction, TSMM. Now it’s like, how do I fit in all 7 attractions I want at DHS?? Do I need a 2nd day?? Pretty cool.

someone brought this idea up a couple of pages ago. I compared it to the old way to get the kids into Jedi Training.
Ever show you would see parents and kids frantically waving and jumping upp and down to get the Jedi Master's attention to get picked to join. I saw kids not being picked for several shows, each time the parents would drag the kids back and try again, for each show, some got picked some didn't at all.
I don't know, they would probably still have to tap into DHS to be able to join, then it's a matter of keeping tabs on time, not really being able to go about your day cause you don't know when or if you will join.
For me, this morning system is best cause you either get in or not and then you just go about your day
I remember those days. We did it for our ds eighth birthday. He's 19 now. I remember it being crowded and a little chaotic. Luckily he was picked first attempt but there were lot of disappointed kids and more so parents.My dh and I felt bad for the families who were going to have to do multiple attempts. Having families sign their kids up for a specific time now is much more fair.

BG 37 called at 8:59 am, I got the push notification on my phone a second or two before it changed over in the app. We were near the ride entrance so entered queue as soon as it changed. Line moved steadily. In first room of attraction portion at 9:14 am, off ride at 9:38 am. My kids and DH said it was worth the early morning wake-up!

When we went in early 2018, our rope drop priority at DHS was Jedi Training sign ups. Just 2 years ago! That park has changed so much.

Good morning! We faced the madness this morning, here’s my times report:

• Line at POP for bus around 545
  • Lots of people, bus showed up around 552
  • Full and left at 558 with second bus right behind - we got on this one - depart at 601
  • Arrive at HS at 609
  • Through security and in the massive line to tapstyles at 614 - they weren’t letting us in yet announcement about 4-5 minutes later
  • Through tapstyle at 631 - no fingerprints required
  • I couldn’t get in at 7 but DH did and got boarding group 29 at 700
  • RD TOT and off by 727
  • Boarding groups moving well so decided not to get in line for anything else (especially with those wait times!) and just people watch/wander around Batuu
  • BG called at 815
  • Walked over and in line 3-4 minutes later
  • Off the ride at 857
I tried to avoid all spoilers for this ride, and I was keeping my expectations low (even with all the positive reports) but wow that was incredible!! So immersive, great story, great ride!

QUOTE="NYHeel, post: 61407882, member: 561146"]

[/QUOTE]
-Starbucks :)
- It'll change people's FP selection timing too - especially when MMRR gets activated too. They may actually have a BG Tier -- that will be interesting to see. Choose your BG poison? Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter