Raglan Road - Would you recommend it?

TiggerTrigger

a.k.a. HouCuseChickie
We are thinking about adding a day at the beginning of our trip. So, essentially two days to relax after our drive before hitting the parks. We should be arriving mid to late morning on day 1 and DH and I are going to trade off entertaining the girls while the other makes up for lost sleep. We never make it to DTD, so I thought while we have the time, it might be nice and fun to try Raglan Road that first night. The menu looked pretty cool and the entertainment seemed like a great way to start off a trip. Our girls will be 4 and 6 at the time and we work very hard on encouraging them to try new and interesting foods. It also looks like a pretty nice drinks menu and we're sleeping in the next morning and hoping for a pool day (switched to Beach Club) so we can probably have a few :goodvibes

So, if you've eaten here...did you like it? Would you recommend it for kids? Were the various beers/ales/drinks good?

So, if you've eaten here...
1. did you like it?

2. Would you recommend it for kids?

3. Were the various beers/ales/drinks good?

1. Oh yeah. Very much.

2. Absolutely

3. Oh yeah. Absolutely. :thumbsup2

All kidding aside- we've been a couple of times and have really really enjoyed the drinks, the food (you absolutely HAVE to try the bread pudding), and the great music and dancing.

PLease do keep in mind that RR is a bar and pub so I think it would be ok for kids before evening, assuming that they like Irish food.

Frankly, I think there are better restaurants in DD for meals with kids like Bongos and Wolfgang Puck. I would suggest RR for an adults evening out. Just my humble opinion.

If you dont think Raglan will work for your family, the children will probably enjoy T Rex or Rainforest Cafe. Have a wonderful trip.

We love RR! We go almost every trip which is every six months. We also brought our 12 month old daughter and will be slut again in October, she will be 2 then. It's great for kids and they treat them so well. The entertainment is wonderful as well. Bar drinks....yum! I saw go and have a great time!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We love Raglan Road. The restaurant is beautiful, the food is delicious, the service is great and the entertainment is so much fun. I think you will enjoy it.
I say go and have a good time

We had an early dinner at RR before going to Cirque on Tuesday. It was great. Service, food and beverages were all terrific. I don't have young children but there were families there and the kids looked pretty happy. Would definitely go back. :thumbsup2

We LOVE RR!!! I could not tell you enough good things. We go every trip (which is often) and have gone for lunch and dinner and try something new every time! I think it's a fine atmosphere for kids no matter when you go. If your kids are sensitive to a loud atmosphere, ask to be seated in one of the wings farther from the stage. I would especially recommend RR for kids who like to try food other than "typical" childrens meals. RR has an extensive kids menu for more adventurous eaters.

The food at Raglan Road may have been my favorite meal of our whole trip! I'd definitely recommend it. The only caveat I might add is that the entertainment can be quite loud depending on where you are seated. Taking your kids, I might ask to be seated away from the performers a bit.

We have eaten here at least 5 times and it remains one of our all time favorite restaurants period.

Thanks! It sounds like something worth trying. Part of the appeal- beyond the great looking menu -is a more unique experience.

I thought about T-Rex instead, but we have 3 Rainforest Cafes locally and those terrify the girls. So, if RFC is scary...I know T-Rex will scare them right out the door. Maybe we'll try that in another year or two.

I would love to try Wolfang Pucks', but I think DH is over him. :lmao: We've eaten at several of his Vegas restaurants and I also got to meet him when he opened his express restaurant here a number of years ago. DH is just never happy with the food. :sad2: We're also heading down to S. Florida after WDW to visit w/family- so the Cuban food will likely factor in on that leg of the trip; however, Bongos really is something I need to consider for future trips as well. :goodvibes

Thanks again for all of the thoughts and suggestions!!! :)

I am torn on this restaurant.

My family of five enjoyed our meal VERY MUCH. However, we went with another family of five and they hated it ???

The reason I am torn though is that both my nephews have peanut allergies and both got very sick. The restaurant staff was AWFUL at this time and insisted it wasn't their food (they both got the same thing and we hadn't eaten a thing prior to eating there for at least 4 hours!) It was the only place in all of Disney that we had any issues.

We want to bring the kids too but they are older- 10 and 13. We really want to see the stage and the dancers. But I hear it can get unreal loud. I expect loud with the music and the type of music so loud is ok. But is there a good place to sit that is not in a side room and can see the stage but not be right on top of it? I can't find a pic that shows the seating except the usual stuff by the table the dancer dances on, the bar and right in front of the stage itself. Any hints? Yes, I know we will probably have to wait a bit for this kind of table or booth but it would help to know ahead of time.
Thanks!

Thanks for making this post. Last night we were watching the WDW planning DVD and saw RR. My older daughter lite up because she used to take Irish dancing for several years. I had already made all of our ADR since we leave in a week. After your post and reading the answers I just changed one of our ADRs to RR. We were going to eat dinner at Captain's Grille, which I only picked because we were staying at BC, before we left for the airport. I really was not excited about it so now am looking forward to a nice end to our trip at RR.

We've eaten at RR twice & didn't care for it at all. The battered & fried items were soggy both times. The other items we just didn't care for. We did order bread & butter putting the first visit, which was good. It would have been better, if I didn't make the mistake of pouring too much sauce on it. The dessert platter on the 2nd visit was grocery store quality at best. That said, it appears some menu items are better than others. Maybe, we ordered wrong both times. We won't be returning, unless we have guests who really want to eat there though. It would be my last choice restaurant at DTD. IMO, it is kid friendly.

Yes, very much so. Excellent food and great atmosphere with the live band and dancers.

What are some of your favorite meals?
Not sure if you're referring to me but I'll answer anyway. My personal favorite is the roast chicken, but I like the fish and chips and chicken curry, and I hear great things about the pork there. And of course the Dunbrody Kiss for dessert, no exceptions.

We love RR! Unless you're going late at night, I don't think you need to worry about bringing kids. We have brought ours when they had the live music and dancers and we all had a great time. It can be difficult to get a good view, so you will want to get there early if you want to see the dancers.

I'm so torn about RR myself. I'm not sure we will all like the food. Is there a bar outside?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter