Rachel & Chauncey-SBP/Morocco 12/08/09 Updated 6/10 TR IS DONE!!!!

Thanks everyone for all the prayers and well wishes. Things are still up in the air as said family member is waiting for test results and it'll be a couple of weeks. However I am going to try and finish this TR before DH and I's home reception and our next trip to WDW, which is less than a month away! So without further ado here's more TR!

December 10: Day 6 Part 1

After our first full day as a newlywed couple, DH and I awoke and gathered our stuff as we were changing resorts to Port Orleans Riverside! While we had enjoyed our time at Pop we were ready for some new digs. Unfortunately we woke up to cold and pouring rain :scared1: We checked out of Pop and left our luggage with the desk outside for them to transfer to POR. We then braved the rain to catch a bus to DTD and then catch another bus to POR. By the time we got checked in a found our room the rain had let up which was nice as we were going to MVMCP that evening. Meanwhile Tweets, Terry, Taylor and Sue were at AK which they enjoyed despite the weather.

Some of Tweets pics from AK:

Dec10th006.jpg

Dec10th011.jpg

Dec10th027.jpg

Dec10th047.jpg

Dec10th070.jpg

Dec10th093.jpg

Dec10th160.jpg

Dec10th169.jpg

Dec10th193.jpg

December 10th: Day 6 Part 2

When the gang at AK got done they went back to their condo to rest for a while before we all met at the MK for the Christmas party. DH and I got lunch/dinner at the Riverside Mill food court. DH had the muffaletta and I had the chicken nuggets (DH is a bit more of an brave eater than I). Tweeter called as we were finishing to let us know they were on their way to the MK so we hopped on the bus.

When we got to the MK we had still beat everyone else and I was dying to meet Mickey so we caught the train to Toontown. I had been wanting to wait and see Mickey till after we were married as we had such a fun time meeting him and Minnie after we got engaged on our last trip. So we jumped in line at the Judge's Tent and we got to see not only Mickey but Minnie too!

DSCN4633.jpg

Mickey's exasperated cause of how Minnie got all excited over us being married...I think she's jealous (and Mickey's in trouble)!
DSCN4634.jpg

After our pictures we met up with everyone as they were eating dinner at Cosmic Rays. Other than the wedding this was our biggest gathering of the entire trip. In all we had Terry, Tweeter, Taylor, Sue, Bob, Noreen, Jenni, Matt, DH and I....10 people!

We had some time before Holiday Wishes so we hit up Pirates, Splash and BTM. One of my favorite memories of the night is all 10 of us on BTM. We managed to get all of us on one train and many of us were taking pictures while the rest of were screaming....it was a BLAST!

Dec10th219.jpg

Dec10th221.jpg

Dec10th291.jpg

We then did the HM and then made our way back to Tomorrowland where we did Space Mountain and Buzz.

In line for SM:
DSCN4637.jpg

DSCN4638.jpg

DSCN4640.jpg

We then caught Wishes but unfortunately I was video taping and Tweets was taking pictures but she accidentally dropped her camera right before they started :confused: She was upset but there wasn't much we could do that night so after Wishes we did the Laugh Floor and the TTA. We then wandered out to the hub for the parade.

The newlyweds
IMG_2401.jpg

Time for the parade!
IMG_2426.jpg

DSCN4644.jpg

DSCN4647.jpg

DSCN4654.jpg

DSCN4659.jpg

DSCN4661.jpg

DSCN4670.jpg

DSCN4675.jpg

DSCN4681.jpg

December 11th: Day 7 Part 1

Friday turned out to be another drizzly and slightly chilly day but we (well I) bundled up and started our day at EPCOT. DH wanted to try the Kim Possible interactive game so we by-passed Future World and headed to WS. We signed up but had some time before we could start so we wandered around the UK pavilion.

DSCN4683.jpg

DSCN4684.jpg

DSCN4686.jpg

We then stopped and watched the French Santa.

DSCN4693.jpg

We lucked out that as soon as he was done, Aurora showed up so we were 2nd in line.

DSCN4694.jpg

Then we spotted Remy through the window:

DSCN4696.jpg

DSCN4697.jpg

Then we hit Morocco

DSCN4699.jpg

DSCN4700.jpg

DSCN4701.jpg

DSCN4702.jpg

December 11th: Day 7 Part 2

By now it was time for us to start our first Kim Possible mission so we went to the cart in Norway and picked up our Kim-municator. Unfortunately we only got about half-way through before our ADR at the Biergarten in Germany. So we held onto the phone and checked in for our ADR.

Biergarten.jpg

My mom's side of the family is German and I love German food so I was quite excited to eat there and it didn't disappoint. Between the two of us I think we had one of everything!

Biergartenfood.jpg

Biergartenfood2.jpg

Biergartendesert.jpg

After stuffing ourselves and watching the band, we rolled out of there and finished our Kim Possible mission. We got a text from my mom saying she and her BF were over at the ESPN Club and they wanted to see us before they flew out the next day. So we left EPCOT via the International Gateway and walked over to the Boardwalk. We stayed for a while before we had to return to EPCOT as we were doing the Candlelight Processional. So we bid farewell to my mom and walked back as it started to sprinkle.

We had done the CP package with our meal at the Biergarten so we put our stickers on with the show time and jumped in line to get seated. Unfortunately we were to the end so it was pretty full but we managed to get decent seats in the first couple of rows of the 2nd section back.

The narrator for that night was Andy Garcia and we both thought he was pretty good. I loved the choir and the whole thing really put me in the holiday spirit.

DSCN4711.jpg

DSCN4719.jpg

DSCN4722.jpg

DSCN4725.jpg

DSCN4727.jpg

December 11th: Day 7 Part 3

After the CP ended it the weather was turning for the worse so we took the boat across to Future World and met up with the family. We found them in the Land pavilion so we all road "Living With The Land" together. Tweeter said she was getting hungry so we went back to WS to find her a snack. We started in Mexico hoping something would pop up that she'd like. Since we were there we did the Gran Fiesta Tour.

DSCN4732.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

DSCN4733.jpg

DSCN4734.jpg

One of my favorite hidden Mickeys
DSCN4735.jpg

Then we did Maelstrom and Sue and I modeled some fine Viking gear
IMG_2467.jpg

I ended up grabbing a snack in Germany and we decided to go see The American Adventure. There was a private event going on in the rotunda so they had us enter through the exit. DH's family is related to Abe Lincoln and Tweeter's mom is big into genealogy so they love stuff related to history. After the American Adventure we decided to call it a night.

December 12th: Day 8 Part 1

Saturday found DH and I at the Studios and in a looooooooong line for Toy Story Mania. There were FP available but the return time was to late as we had an ADR in the MK that evening. The sign said 90 minutes but waited for at least 2 hours. However I enjoyed seeing Mr. Potato in action. Luckily we were able to keep ourselves entertained while waiting.

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

By the time we got done with TSM the rest of the gang were on their way to the Studios. While we waited for them we did the backlot tour. I know this attraction had got some flack but I actually really enjoyed it, but I'm a big nerd when it comes to backstage stuff and props (especially anything POTC related!)

IMG_2503.jpg

DSCN4759.jpg

DSCN4761.jpg

DSCN4788.jpg

DSCN4817.jpg

DSCN4818.jpg

DSCN4825.jpg

DSCN4831.jpg

After the tour we got lunch at Pizza Planet. I think we shared a pizza and a salad and then I got a Mickey Rice Crispy Treat bar for desert:

DSCN4829.jpg

By then we had met up with the rest of the gang as they had just finished the backlot tour too. We wandered some more and hit the ToT before DH and I had to hop to the MK for our ADR.

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

Tweets was scared! She 'bout broke my hand on the ride as she was sitting next to me and to this day is adamant that she won't ride it again (but at least she can say she did it!).

IMG_2521.jpg

December 12th: Day 8 Part 2

So we bid farewell to the gang and DH and I made our way to the MK for our ADR at Tony's. We had a pretty funny conversation with the CM out front which included him noticing our "Just Married" buttons and telling us that he knew we were bound to get married ;)

When we were seated our table was decorated with colored strings and confetti.

DSCN4832.jpg

DH had the short ribs while I had the spaghetti with meatballs.

DSCN4834.jpg

DSCN4835.jpg

For desert DH had the creme brulee and I had the ice cream bomb (and it was the bomb, sooooooooooo good!)

DSCN4838.jpg

DSCN4836.jpg

After dinner the "Move It, Shake It" parade was starting to we hung out near the train station to watch.

DSCN4840.jpg

DSCN4841.jpg

DSCN4843.jpg

By the time it cleared out there were some CMs out by City Hall with hula hoops, jump ropes and an iPod set on the large speaker playing games and dancing. It looked like so much fun that I ended up joining in for almost an hour!

DSCN4846.jpg

PartyonMainStreet.jpg

It ended up being a great way to pass the time while the rest of the gang showed up for their last night in the MK as they were leaving the next day.

Terry wanted to see the Hall of Presidents and Tweeter wanted to ride It's A Small World, so the boys went one way and us girls went the other.

DSCN4853.jpg

DSCN4858.jpg

DSCN4863.jpg

DSCN4865.jpg

DSCN4869.jpg

December 13th: Day 9 Part 1

Sunday found DH completely on our own as we had bid farewell to everyone the night before. After 8 days in WDW we finally made it to the AK. We didn't stay very long but long enough to do Everest, Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl.

DSCN4889.jpg

DSCN4892.jpg

DSCN4895.jpg

DSCN4897.jpg

DSCN4898.jpg

DSCN4899.jpg

DSCN4902.jpg

DSCN4903.jpg

DSCN4904.jpg

DSCN4905.jpg

We did get lunch at the Yak & Yeti counter service to tide us over till dinner. We shared the sweet 'n sour pork and the pork egg rolls.

DSCN4907.jpg

DSCN4908.jpg

After lunch we decided to head back to our room and rest. It was hot and by this point in our trip we were tired (that and the Colts were playing and I wanted to catch some of the game). So back we went to POR to chill for a few hours before heading back out.

December 13th: Day 9 Part 2

After our rest (and a Colts win!) DH and I headed out to the Studios for the last time on this trip. We had an ADR at Sci-Fi, but before our ADR time we visited One Man's Dream (one of DH's favorites and mine too!)

DSCN4931.jpg

DSCN4932.jpg

DSCN4935.jpg

DSCN4940.jpg

DSCN4941.jpg

DSCN4942.jpg

DSCN4943.jpg

Sci-Fi turned out to be a pretty fun. We loved the campy movie clips and commercials, and we had a really good waiter. DH had the ribs and I had the reuben:

Reubenwithfries.jpg

Then for desert DH had the Hot Fudge Sundae and I had the Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cake. I can't say I cared for mine although I didn't hate it either, but I like DH's sundae better.

DSCN4918.jpg

DSCN4920.jpg

The rest of the evening we just spent our time wandering the Studios.

DSCN4945.jpg

DSCN4948.jpg

DSCN4950.jpg

DSCN4951.jpg

DSCN4952.jpg

DSCN4953.jpg

DSCN4956.jpg

DSCN4958.jpg

DSCN4959.jpg

DSCN4960.jpg

We finished the night with a beverage at our new hangout, the lounge next to the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

DSCN4965.jpg

December 14th: Day 10 Part 1

We the spent the beginning of our last day at EPCOT. We took our time just wandering around, checking out all the stuff in World Showcase.

DSCN4969.jpg

DSCN4970.jpg

DSCN4974.jpg

DSCN4978.jpg

DSCN4981.jpg

DSCN4984.jpg

DSCN4991.jpg

DSCN5004.jpg

DSCN5012.jpg

We had lunch in Mexico where we had our first churro!

DSCN5014.jpg

After wandering some more we bid farewell to EPCOT and headed to the Grand Floridian for dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

Shadows.jpg

December 14th: Day 10 Part 2

We arrived a little early for our ADR so we hung out in the lobby waiting for our table to be ready.

DSCN5018.jpg

DSCN5019.jpg

We soon were seated and ordered our drinks. We had some time before the characters made their way around, so DH and I partook of the buffet. I think we had a little bit of everything.

DSCN5022.jpg

Soon the characters were arriving starting with Lady Tremaine

Us comparing our bling
DSCN5020.jpg

Isn't he regal ;)
DSCN5021.jpg

Then the Prince showed up (I think he got into Cindy's makeup :rotfl: )
DSCN5023.jpg

Cinderella was cute, she got all excited when she saw our "Just Married" buttons
DSCN5024.jpg

DSCN5025.jpg

We then got a break so we got desert. As we were finishing the step-sisters showed up. Both were hillarious! We explained to both of them how we had just gotten married and our family had been here for it. Anastasia wanted Taylor's phone number :rotfl: ;)

DSCN5027.jpg

DSCN5028.jpg

DSCN5029.jpg

DSCN5030.jpg

After dinner we caught the monorail to the MK. We rode POTC and the HM for the last time. We caught Wishes back near BTMRR.

DSCN5031.jpg

DSCN5036.jpg

We then grabbed a spot in Liberty Square for SpectroMagic

After wandering for a few more hours we cashed in our last couple of snack credits for some Dole Whip Floats

DoleWhipFloats.jpg

We ate our snack as we slowly walked up Main Street. With a toss of our trash into a nearby can we said farewell to the Magic Kingdom till our next trip.

THE END!!!!

Glad I caught up on your trippie! Hope all is going well with married life and the family health issues you were worried about!

6 months married now... already, right!!)

Hi Rachel
I was hoping to ask your opinion on your birdcage veil.
I think you looked beautiful in yours and want to wear one for my VR in May.
I know you said in your TR that it was hard to get the placement of it right, but once you had it right, did it stay put or did you find yourself worrying about it all day? Did you remove it for the reception, and if so did you manage to remove it without messing your hair up?
Thanks so much!!!

Hi Rachel
I was hoping to ask your opinion on your birdcage veil.
I think you looked beautiful in yours and want to wear one for my VR in May.
I know you said in your TR that it was hard to get the placement of it right, but once you had it right, did it stay put or did you find yourself worrying about it all day? Did you remove it for the reception, and if so did you manage to remove it without messing your hair up?
Thanks so much!!!

Hi! Thanks for the compliment. Once the veil was placed I had no problem with it staying in place. I kept it on from the early morning during our EPCOT shoot all through the ceremony and photos afterwards. My mom helped me take it out once I changed out of my dress and my hair stayed in place until I took it out that night after our desert party. I think if you don't want a traditional longer veil a birdcage is an excellent way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter