Race through New York

Unsure what to think of this. Will definitely do it next time im there and try to go in unbiased.
Loved Twister though and was sorry to see it go.

Fallons okay, he's no Conan, and he's pretty lucky to have ended up in this gig.
My worry is this ride could date itself quickly. What if Fallon leaves the show in a few years?

Unsure what to think of this. Will definitely do it next time im there and try to go in unbiased.
Loved Twister though and was sorry to see it go.

Fallons okay, he's no Conan, and he's pretty lucky to have ended up in this gig.
My worry is this ride could date itself quickly. What if Fallon leaves the show in a few years?
They can just insert a new video. No problem and should be easy to do.

Its funny that this building used to house Twister which when it opened also advertised the queue as one that didnt make you feel like you were waiting in line with its multiple preshows,eventually they were as annoying as waiting in a regular line.I rode Fallon today,overall 8.3/10,enjoyed it enough to do ocasionally,to ride it frequently will wear out the attraction.The virtual line without an actual line is much better than Twister,I like the color system they use.The ride itself is Solid but not amazing and the loading is slow as the seating feels crammed and the attendants cant really help some guests as they cant reach them.Thumbs up overall.

Oh no, I can't ride Soarin' due to issues with the ride vehicle. I've tried a few times but have a slight panic attack because I feel like there's nothing really holding me in, even though there is obviously a seat belt. Had there been more to hold onto I'd be able to ride, no problem as I can ride anything and everything otherwise.

Can someone tell me about the actual seat, is it just like Soarin' with hand grips on the side? I guess it goes up in the air then, does it tip a little at all? Thsnks!

Oh no, I can't ride Soarin' due to issues with the ride vehicle. I've tried a few times but have a slight panic attack because I feel like there's nothing really holding me in, even though there is obviously a seat belt. Had there been more to hold onto I'd be able to ride, no problem as I can ride anything and everything otherwise.

Can someone tell me about the actual seat, is it just like Soarin' with hand grips on the side? I guess it goes up in the air then, does it tip a little at all? Thsnks!

It is not a flying theater in the sense of Soarin. Not going into the air. It is more like Star Tours or Despicable Me.

Return time ticket machines
So return tickets, no EP lines?

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else in detailed reviews. I am really trying hard not to read any reviews of it before we go. I want to form my own opinions vs. having preconceived thoughts in my head based on reviews.

I haven't been yet, just going off what I've read. I'll check it out in a couple of weeks and report back. I'm thinking no because of what I've read but I won't go into detail incase of spoilers.

So return tickets, no EP lines?

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else in detailed reviews. I am really trying hard not to read any reviews of it before we go. I want to form my own opinions vs. having preconceived thoughts in my head based on reviews.

From what I have read, EP just walk right in.

Are they running EP now? Never seen that at softs. I imagine you're probably right though. I'll check it out.

That's just something that I read on another board. I really have no concrete evidence about it.

Rode Yesterday March 6. Was open all day. Queue was always listed at 45 Minutes, we were there for over an hour. after entering, You go down a long hallway and are welcomed to 30 Rock by pages. They hand you tickets based on the NBC Peacock Colors. Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, and Orange. First Waiting area downstairs, as stated is a tribute to the History of the Tonight Show. Steve Allen, Jack Parr, Johnnie Carson, Jay Leno (1 and 2), Conan, and Fallon. Carson, Leno, have big Displays, Parr, Allen, and Conan, not so big. The largest display in the middle of the room is for Fallon. Cool thing here is for each host they have a TV from the time period the host was on playing footage of the show with that host. There are also things on display like Carson's carnac hat. When the light changes to your ticket you go upstairs to the second holding room. That was explained before. At least four colors (groups of people) were up there at one time. On the wall where the ride entrance is they have three monitors playing Fallon bits from the Tonight Show. When your color flashes you are than let into a queue. There seems to be three lines. Two for the rides and a center line for EP. Only one ride was being operated. There was a sign blocking one line. The sign read; that there would be no EP during technical rehearsals. So I assume that EP will be soon after opening. You pick up your 3D glasses here. I am no ride vehicle expert an d never road soaring so can't tell you much there. Also before you enter the ride you have to watch a Fallon Video on ride safety, it is done to rap. As you enter the ride you move all the way down one of the rows of seats. The ride is well done and the 3D effects are very good. Nicely done, high energy like that of Fallon. Liked it a lot and will do it again. You exit the ride and head through the gift shop before exiting. In 1991 We got to preview Back to the Future, and Almost 30 years later we got to do Fallon.

Rode in soft open last week, and no, ride vehicle is not like Soarin' at all. As PP said, much closer to Star Tours, though a larger capacity.
I was so happy we were able to do it on our last day, and happier still that height requirement allowed my 7yo to enjoy!

I cannot wait for Nintendo World. I am so stoked. I mean, I won't be the first in line, obviously, I liked seeing WWoHP after some of the craziness died down, but I am SO STOKED.

I'm so excited for Nintendo World. I'm totally fine with them getting rid of most of KidZone for it, as long as they keep ET.

Rode Yesterday March 6. Was open all day. Queue was always listed at 45 Minutes, we were there for over an hour. after entering, You go down a long hallway and are welcomed to 30 Rock by pages. They hand you tickets based on the NBC Peacock Colors. Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, and Orange. First Waiting area downstairs, as stated is a tribute to the History of the Tonight Show. Steve Allen, Jack Parr, Johnnie Carson, Jay Leno (1 and 2), Conan, and Fallon. Carson, Leno, have big Displays, Parr, Allen, and Conan, not so big. The largest display in the middle of the room is for Fallon. Cool thing here is for each host they have a TV from the time period the host was on playing footage of the show with that host. There are also things on display like Carson's carnac hat. When the light changes to your ticket you go upstairs to the second holding room. That was explained before. At least four colors (groups of people) were up there at one time. On the wall where the ride entrance is they have three monitors playing Fallon bits from the Tonight Show. When your color flashes you are than let into a queue. There seems to be three lines. Two for the rides and a center line for EP. Only one ride was being operated. There was a sign blocking one line. The sign read; that there would be no EP during technical rehearsals. So I assume that EP will be soon after opening. You pick up your 3D glasses here. I am no ride vehicle expert an d never road soaring so can't tell you much there. Also before you enter the ride you have to watch a Fallon Video on ride safety, it is done to rap. As you enter the ride you move all the way down one of the rows of seats. The ride is well done and the 3D effects are very good. Nicely done, high energy like that of Fallon. Liked it a lot and will do it again. You exit the ride and head through the gift shop before exiting. In 1991 We got to preview Back to the Future, and Almost 30 years later we got to do Fallon.

Just seen this!

Thanks for such a detailed review........:thumbsup2

Will give it a bash in September.........

NOTHING like Soarin'!!

You are in theater seats similar to Star Tours. Because it's a big room with a big screen it's a square of the floor that the seats are on. At the end of your row is a gate like door. Seat belt, stuff on floor under seat, barely a lip so they don't expect it to move.

Some bouncing but honestly it's very benign movement wise compared to Soarin'. I would compare it more to a small theater Honey I Shrunk the Kids so you are closer to the screen.

It's basically an hour wait after you enter the building with your virtual return time. No way to truly speed that up other than if you enter just as they are letting a group into room one and there is room for you. The queue was enjoyable but not something I really need to repeat so .... this is probably a once and done for us.

I took photos all the way up to the theater, there you can't take any, but here is one Inside the Magic got.

IMG_6301.jpg

Made to look like the real Tonight Show theater below ...

tickets-1up-v2.jpeg

I just rode this today and my family and I loved it!! The virtual return time is fantastic. I was told that you can use the app to chose your time, and the app gives you as many as 8 different return times to chose from. After using the app to pick our first time, we went to the machines and got a second one! The machine only gave us two times to choose from. My family loved the preshow entertainment on the second level with a live performance by the Ragtime Gals, #Panda and video clips from the Tonight Show. Plenty of space to watch, we just sat down on the floor right in front of the stage. I thought the ride was super fun, but not the family favourite. My Daughter thought the preshow was more entertaining than the ride! As soon as the ride was over, our second virtual return time was available and we walked right back in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter