Question about Kimons

LSUfan4444

DIS Veteran
Kimonos - sorry

Sorry for the repetition, but I'm a bit confused.

You can buy a GC off of restaurant.com for Kimonos and I know I was told on here before that I could not use my Disney rewards card there.

When I go to this page it actually has conflicting reports. One place it says the DDP is accepted, then another place it say's it isn't.

I'll be paying cash for this meal (since I bought the gc off restaurant.com), but was curious who I make reservations through.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/kimonos/

You can make reservations at Kimono's through Disney, but they are not Disney owned, being at the Swan resort. (Swan and Dolphin are run by the Starwood hotel group, aka Westin, Sheraton, etc.).

So they are not participating in the Disney Dining Plan. You cannot use credits there. But, this year they are accepting the Tables in Wonderland discount card, available to annual passholders and/or Florida residents (at an additional fee). That might have been what you heard they accept.

They won't stack a discount from TiW with the restaurant.com certificates. If you want to use one or the other, it's fine. And I don't believe they accept the Disney Rewards card as a form of payment.

I think whomever created this page went too generic.
And it is wrong when there is a checkmark circle next to "Disney Dining Plan Accepted".
S/D restaurants have never accepted DDP.
At one time they created their own dining plan. But I do not think they kept that. Or at least I have not heard or read about it in some time.
However if I was new and had read this, I would think they accepted the DDP too.
Looks like someone copied and pasted way too much on this page. :confused3

Well, now I know I cannot recommend the official WDW website as a source of information. Kimonos does NOT accept the Disney Dining Plan. I am pretty sure the Swan/Dolphin restaurants don't accept any form of Disney package plan, including the Premium and Platinum plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter