Question about Fidelity

Salf777

Mouseketeer
So just ret from a nice long stay at VGF resort studio and loved it. Came home and started to plan another trip as a cash stay and realized we are better off just buying some more points. So in looking at listings from all brokers Fidelity seems to have the lowest prices. I have read some not so great reviews and about the fee they charge. If I’m in no rush isn’t the price worth a little hassle or is there something I’m missing. So they Charge a $225 fee on a 200 point contract that’s $1.125 per point cost. If the contract is that much cheaper isnt It worth paying it?
I see a contract I like that’s about $15 per point cheaper than a lot of other sites and there are some banked points but I’m a little hesitant to pull the trigger based on all the negative things I see.
Help and guidance appreciated

We are working with Fidelity right now on a BWV contract, no complaints here. Lolita calls me back and emails me back with any questions. Passed ROFR in 16 days.

In the hands of the title company who also has been responsive. Closing costs counting their 225 fee is 683, not much more than the other sites.

I’ve used fidelity on four different transactions now and have not had any issues despite what you may read. Just recently closed on a contract with them. ROFR waived within two weeks of it being sent off. In total closed in less than thirty days. The ease of the transaction really comes down half the brokerage and half the title company. Fidelity typically uses First American Title which is one of the largest title companies.

We are working with Fidelity right now on a BWV contract, no complaints here. Lolita calls me back and emails me back with any questions. Passed ROFR in 16 days.

In the hands of the title company who also has been responsive. Closing costs counting their 225 fee is 683, not much more than the other sites.
Um, have you talked to her recently? They told us Lolita left the company (sometime around 9-12) and that's why our contract got ignored for a week. It sounds like you are mostly done so maybe it's all on the title company or whoever now? Anyway, just wanted you to be aware. I know I wish someone had told me when it happened!

I’ve used them and they’ve been fine for me as well. I’ve gotten a couple attractively priced contracts through them.

Um, have you talked to her recently? They told us Lolita left the company (sometime around 9-12) and that's why our contract got ignored for a week. It sounds like you are mostly done so maybe it's all on the title company or whoever now? Anyway, just wanted you to be aware. I know I wish someone had told me when it happened!
LOL when I read the earlier poster about how Lolita responded to them and I thought to myself oh I guess she wasn't the one that left despite ghosting me after making a mistake on my contract. Oops.

Anyway OP if you got time, Fidelity does require you to be a bit more diligent on checking details but otherwise their prices are some of the lowest in the market. I would use them again for the right price contract.

Make your offer and make sure you note which title company you choose, your detailed offer, who pays closing, MF's (details by year ) and if you want to pay by credit card. Note the closing date. Read the contract!

Everything needs to be spelled out in the agreement. Communication can be less than stellar and I've found many mistakes in contracts (in fairness, with other brokers too). The price is often a deal.

I've had great success, with a few hiccups, so being on top of everything should ensure a smooth ride.

Good luck!

We are using them right now for 2 purchases. I'm working with Cindy and she has been great to work with.

I will let you know how it goes if we pass ROFR.

My first DVC purchase was with them. They were so-so.

Bonnie seems to be a veteran broker over there and most say she is okay. She was the selling agent I worked with. She recommended the legendary Cammy at Mason and that was a huge positive.

The assistant who sends stuff to DVC for ROFR was very rude and not too nice. They sat on my submission to ROFR about a week before sending it and I think they don’t do a good job monitoring the ROFR responses. At the end I got what I pad for and it was a great deal compared to other similar VGC contracts (even with the extra fee).

I’d use them again, but I’d use caution and make sure I share my expectations now that I know a bit more about buying DVC. The other broker I used to by my 2nd bucket of VGC points was way nicer, more responsive, and such….

There are many on this board who had worse problems than me. But have to be honest and say I had some issues. Good luck!

Bonnie is my favorite, and I've uses them to buy and sell like.. 8 times now. Never had an issue, but I always read everything. (Not that I've needed to - it's always been correct.)

I used Fidelity in 2018 and got a great price on a BCV contract with no complaints. I would have happily used them again until I saw some of the posts on here about them recently. They seem to have made quite a few mistakes recently which would make me nervous if I was buying now. I've seen errors from other brokers too, so it could just be that I've noticed it more due to a few issues in quick succession. The fee didn't bother me, and was certainly covered by the amount I saved compared to other contracts.

I don't think anyone can decide this for you, but if they have the right contract I think the chances of you having any problems are really quite slim.

I was working with them but they were a bit slow, better contract came up with different broker (resales dvc) that was better, lower closing costs, and literally my interest to acceptance was 10hours.

We are doing the docs tomorrow but the responsiveness of these people blew me away, can’t post the link but you can search for them if your interested.

But in the end I think it’s more about where you can find the contract that works for you, the points you want, the place you want, etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter