Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I'm sorry, Footballmouse🙏:grouphug:🕊️all, of course, with love.

:grouphug:Judique. Please do stay inside and safe, my friend!

We are long safely home, thanks to God. Very grateful extra to be home! I absolutely did not like Walmart at all nor did either of us feel comfortable. Awful but now we know. I stick to smaller stores/parking areas and only go right at open. Thanks to God, we both seem perfectly fine and were able to get a couple items. Next time, I go out it will be to a neighborhood Target along with possibly CVS. Right now, I shall do some completely relaxing and safe 🛍️on JC Penney and Amazon!

Have a good rest of the afternoon, everyone🌸

Last edited:
QOTD: I am definitely an introvert and need time to recharge now and then. I am not as shy as I was as a child. In fact, in my 50s I decided I wanted to be more assertive like my boss who also became a good friend. I have become a bit more outgoing, can do the small talk for a short period of time, and sometimes try something new. Big steps for me.

@Pea-n-Me So proud of Grady. What a good boy. He is a sweetie. Toto is a a sweetie too. That face is adorable.

@flyingdumbo127 It is good that you are getting out. You are finding out what you are OK with and what you are not OK with. That is a great start.

@footballmouse Sorry your job is so stressful. You can't be blamed for not knowing the big boss was coming to the meeting.

I was in the office today and I go in again Tuesday since I will be away the end of next week. I was talking with a close coworker and we are the 2 who report to our boss. They are trying to get her to add things to her work plate as the coworker whose DS passed away this Spring is cutting back on her hours for a bit. I told her since I do not want to add hours and our coworker is cutting hours, now is the time to hire the person they have budgeted for. I am not sure why they won't. It would be perfect for all. This is when I get anxious about my job as I think they are going to pressure me to add hours and I get concerned they will lay me off or give me an ultimatum. Oh well, I have bigger fish to fry as they say.

My agent emailed me to today to say she did a walk through at the new condo. She says it is beautiful but still has a way to go. They will be doing the master shower, countertops, finished the plumbing, and more work. She did say there are alot of people working on it. She said she goes to new builds where no one is working. I signed off on extending the close date to July 12. I probably would not move in until August as there is alot to set up. I hope to drive over to see it just from the outside over the weekend.

Have a good night.

:hug:and thank you, Snowysmom so much. That is exactly how I pray to look at it. Big 🙏for dear you in all ways, of course and always, and extra at work and with your new place, too. You know I only wish you 🕊️and joy!

Hello, I haven’t been posting lately as some of you have wondered about. I don’t know why but, I want to, but I just can’t do it. Life is a real struggle these days. I’m trying to come to terms, but not really getting there.
I have started attending a grief support group, but it is a little over the top christian based. I hope that doesn’t offend anyone, I mean no disrespect. I am comfortable with my own beliefs, but no so much with religious doctrine.
I got some bad news about our dog, Tucker. He has developed Cushings disease. There really isn’t much that can be done. I think when the time comes, Tucker will be happy to be with Kris. I ‘m just upset that my house will be even more lonely. In the mean time he will gets lots of treats.

This past week, our family had another scare. My nephew ended up in the hospital because he said he felt “drunk” , unable to safely walk. At first they thought a stroke, then a blood clot on the brain, then a blocked artery. Still not sure I understand but he is home with followers to come. It is so frustrating to have to wait over 6 weeks to get a needed appointment. He is only 3 years younger than me so we grew up more like siblings. He doesn’t take the best care of himself, and lives alone so I worry.

Well, that is enough for now. I’ll try to post more often. I do read along everyday and you are all in my thoughts.

@dazedx3 :grouphug: I hope the group helps you. Everyone has to do what is best for them and their beliefs. I am more of a see a therapist by myself person. I am sorry about your dog. Lots of treats and lots of love for Tucker. It seems ridiculous that your nephew has to wait so long for care and they just send him home. I wish the best for him. Take care of yourself and do what you want and what is best for you. It is a hard journey and one that goes day by day or even minute by minute. Thinking of you.

@Kirby Thinking of you and your DS. Hope all is well.

It is supposed to rain today. Kenny's kids have their "graduation" from school this afternoon. I will be going to that. It is mostly for the 5th graders but they recognize all the kids in the school. It is a small private school. Next year they will be going to public school. Kenny's town has a really good school system which is why they moved here. Not sure what the weekend will bring for plans. Kenny works and Jeff's family has the friends birthday party for Ellie. Probably a weekend by myself. I did sign up for a program at the place where I do salt therapy so do have that Saturday evening.

Time to get ready for work. Have a good day.

Good morning

@dazedx3 Sending you prayers and peace :grouphug:

It's cloudy outside, a few sprinkles fell when I went to get the mail, but they weren't calling for rain. You can't tell that by the sky. I'm hoping we get something more than just a few drops. No one is mowing their lawns, the grass isn't growing.

I'm sitting here eating a bowl of fresh picked strawberries. They are so sweet and juicy.

Nothing new around here. I am trying to clean the spare bedroom and move anything I can out of the way, just in case the painter shows up tomorrow.

Sending hugs and prayers to those of our Quacker family who are in need of them, and love to all of you

Have a great day

89c20452f522fbcf4757e82d60f3a38a.jpg

I haven’t been posting lately as some of you have wondered about....
I have started attending a grief support group, but it is a little over the top christian based. I hope that doesn’t offend anyone, I mean no disrespect. I am comfortable with my own beliefs, but no so much with religious doctrine.
No need to apologize. - While we're all definitely glad to see you back posting, we understand not always being up to it and just needing to take care of yourself! And I completely get what you're saying here as well. - Beliefs are kind of a private thing in my book, so I sometimes find too much focus on them overwhelming. I hope you can find the right group or counselor for you, and keep making progress.

This past week, our family had another scare. My nephew ended up in the hospital
That is scary, and the waiting is so hard! I hope they figure it out and he's OK!

I got some bad news about our dog, Tucker. He has developed Cushings disease.
Oh, I'm so sorry. :hug: It's awful for our pets to get sick at any time, but you really don't need that right now.

89c20452f522fbcf4757e82d60f3a38a.jpg
Love today's Mickey, @lynxstch. - This week seemed to fly by somehow!

Today I've got to run to the post office and the grocery store, and do some laundry and computer stuff. The mosquito guy was here a little while ago, so thankfully I walked cat #1 earlier. (Cat #2 is napping and doesn't care, but her sister would have been really mad if she missed her time outside. 😾)

Last edited:
Extra prayers with love, Dazed, thinking of you!:grouphug:

Snowysmom, :thanks:for such a❤️an wise message for Dazed snd reminder to us all. I also hope the rain holds off and that the graduation brings you added cheer :)

PollyannaMom🌼thank you for being such a bright and kind Quacker.Sometimes, I, also simply need a quiet break and time to recharge!

Lynn, I was wondering yesterday about the painter🖌️I sincerely pray she will be finished at last tomorrow? I hope! You need to be done with her services!

Dad will shortly be off to the :laundy:followed by Ralphs🛒It's chilly and overcast here again this morning. I extra am excited for Summer:sunny:to come! Meantime, and always, have a bright Friday everyone with love always. I will check back later.

Good afternoon 🐣:hug:

Thread save to just share indeed extra 💕to each of you and how thankful to God I am that dad is safely home. He sure did a 🏔️of:laundy:this morning. What a blessing God willing it will be for me to get to one day help him at the laundromat and Ralphs! Otherwise, all is quiet here. Our garage gate is still going haywire every so often, including right now as I type this. Oh well. As I've said, it is a reminder to me how blessed I am with hearing. Have a good rest of the afternoon, everyone.

@FlyingDumbo Thanks for the heads up on the stamps. I will get heading to the post office for more.

The grandkid's graduation was cute. They sang songs, danced, and had fun. There were 4 grads of the school who spoke about they time in the school. Of course their favorite was the ice cream and snacks afterwards. Ex DIL and her parents were there. I was cordial and said hello, how are you. I talked with ex MIL for a bit. Ex FIL is someone I do not care to talk with as he can be tactless and insensitive so I just said hello. Chris and I would avoid him at family gatherings. Today the kids have their gymnastics show. Neither one really cares for gymnastics so this will probably be their only time taking the class. I just hope they will actually be involved in the show and not walk off to the side as they have done during classes. It will be interesting. I have a program tonight that I am looking forward to. It is a spiritual type of program that is supposed to talk about signs, kind of a life coaching type of atmosphere, and helping to connect with your spirituality. I am more spiritual than religious so this kind of program interests me.

The sun is out and it is supposed to be around 70 today. Time for an early morning walk and then a late afternoon walk. Have a good Saturday.

Good morning. Another day of bright sunshine. None of the promised rain appeared yesterday, maybe tomorrow night into Monday. We need it badly.

I had no energy yesterday so other than daily chores, nothing much got done. I am waiting, but not expecting, to hear from the painter for a definite date as to when painting is going to resume. If I had known how dragged out this would get, we would have paid extra and gotten someone much more reliable.

Belmont Stakes is on today for anyone who watches the Triple Crown Races. There won't be a triple crown this year, but there are still some really good horses racing.

Off to strip the bed and remake it and decide what I want to do today.

Have a great Saturday

a70c27fb25c3cfcaa955348fbe00a05d.jpg

Happy Saturday, Friends,

Dad and I agreed earlier that it feels as though it is MUCH later in both time right now and time of year. It's so dark in this apartment. But, praise be, always to God Who is my Light always.

Grateful also extra to God this morning that dad is staying home. I will be doing some online Father's Day shopping today. I would appreciate any ideas! :)

PollyannaMom and Snowysmom, I completely agree that stamps keep going up and so often it seems, too :( As a very early fyi, I believe stamps these days always go up twice a year in January and July. Packages go up in mailing cost for sure in November and I believe one other time, too. I pray to be able to keep being able to spread extra faith and fun, kind care through the mail. All of you know, I enjoy doing so especially as it's something I can do safely from home. Reminder to please PM me if you would ever like, or even know anyone who might enjoy, some happy mail from CA :)

Snowysmom, :) on your grandkids. They truly are precious. Thank you always for all the love you give them. May this evening's program bring you extra peace my friend!

Lynn, continuing prayers of rest and a painter completion of work, too. I am so sorry as you know for how long this job has dragged on and the stress it has caused you :(

Thinking extra this morning of AuntieMe3 who has been MIA for a month or so, I believe. B&B, you, too. Prayers indeed that both of you have just been happily busy.

Love to all and Happy Saturday. I will come back later.

Babysitting my 2 grands, 6 and 7yo's now. I've had them since 2pm yesterday and I'm already zapped so DD is baking CC cookies with them right now. I had a cookie and some vanilla ice cream. Now I need a nap.

This morning my neighbor came by and did some projects for me. It was preplanned and lasted a couple of hours. He installed an outdoor light fixture and put up a canopy over my double window at the back of my house. I bought the canopy about 15 years ago for a different project and it wasn't the correct size so didn't get done. One day I was sitting outside and realized it would work really well over this window.

I also had a couple of shade screens I want installed but it's 85 here and neighbor was pooped out. Some other day. I do pay him and we agree in advance on a fee. That works for both of us.

Setting my timer for 1 hour so I don't drift off to sleep and wake up in time to go to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter