• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Afternoon Friends,

I started to post this morning, hit some key which lost my long reply. Trying again now. 🙏this finds each of you warm, well, and enjoying this new Spring week🌸Spring has always been my very favorite season. Easter, most of all, and just renewal of life and all 🌼🌲:grouphug:with prayers that this bright new season, strengthens your own faith journeys while bringing extra peace to all of your hearts, too.
Thank God, Dad has been safely from doing :laundy:and shopping at Ralphs 🛒for a few hours now. I'm definitely extra grateful to God, dad was able to stay dry this morning. Tomorrow is expected to be rainy, possibly Wednesday will be, too. We enjoyed the extra blessing yesterday evening of talking with our Houston cousins. Always means a lot to catch up with them. Quiet Monday here otherwise. We're going to look for a couple Spring decorations this afternoon I would love to see more of yours along with, of course, flowers. All of you dear Quackers have such beautiful flowers and trees. Blessing indeed and for me from afar to get to see them :)

Taz, you are such a wonderful grandma who also reminds me of my own beloved grandma. From Heaven, she and my grandpa, are so thankful to God that He made us (all of us Quackers friends and a family in His name). She would love all of you, they both would. :thanks:for the loving care you infuse into the lives of all especially the kiddos in your life, how blessed extra they are! 🙏for Ben to feel better. I’m so sorry his birthday may have not been as special due to being sick. Like AuntieMe3 last year, prayers that when he is healthy, he can enjoy a birthday celebration :cake:do-over. 🏐:cheer2:to Ella and her teammates! I pray she and her friend are able to keep in touch and absolutely still see one another regularly, too. I do remember not being too happy when my family moved when I was 8 and then a couple years later when my closest friend and her family moved further away. We were still blessed to get to see each other, it just wasn't quite the same not seeing her at 🏫

:grouphug:and Thank you, so much dear Frog, for taking the time to stop by. You are special to us, and we have been concerned. Many prayers to you always with a whole lot of 🐥 care and love.
Easyas, I’m sure glad you also stayed out of the wind yesterday! Prayers you, your DH, and :dogdance:, too all enjoyed a cozy Sunday instead! How is your son’s💒 planning coming along? When will his wedding be again? Whenever it is a blessing to both him and his wife to be that you are able to actively be part of putting their special day together. Stay warm and safe travels in your new truck!🛻

Kirby, the 🧩was challenging! As I said yesterday, quite a few pieces had tiny-ish pictures on them. The puzzle also was wider horizontally than vertically which made referring to the picture on the box a little less helpful because there weren’t just the typical 10 pieces on each side. It did turn out Christmas-y and was a fun morning way to spend time with dad. Speaking of time with family, praise God also that you got to spend time yesterday with your son and his wife. That brought me joy to read. He is in my 🙏 as are always, you, of course. I’m also grateful that you and your precious grandkids will get to visit your son and DDIL next weekend, too. Welcome to the world Piper!:lovestruc God has blessed her already with such a loving family including, you her Aunt, of course! I once knew a preschooler named Piper and her older brother from church. Piper, especially was a spitfire! May your Piper have a similar spirit and always above all else knows she is loved first and foremost by God and by the family He gave her, too.

Snowysmom, thank you on the puzzle, too. It always brings me joy to read that you took time for extra self-care and a treat. I’m glad you did enjoy your 🫐 flavored :coffee:. Your grandkids sound just adorable. I’m so sorry Sam is sick again. Prayers indeed for him. Continuing prayers of peace always to you,

Carol, what a lovely surprise to find a post from you this morning:grouphug: Happy belated Birthdays to you and Tessa. Thank you for sharing with us such beautiful family pictures! You are such a great photographer—all of you dear Quackers take wonderful pictures. Tessa and especially Carter (I remember when he was a baby) are growing right up! Baby Marty is, of course, precious, too as are the other kids pictured. I love the cookie monster T shirt, so cute! Have a safe and fantastic time in Hawaii!!🏝️ I definitely look forward to hearing about your adventure. I also hope you enjoy warm weather there. Have fun!

Footballmouse:grouphug:I’m so sorry that your work schedule continues to change, how frustrating! Dad and I both when we worked full-time always preferred having a Monday off to Friday when given the choice. Baby Mia is so very blessed indeed to have you in her life from the beginning and always helping to create special memories for her as well. Prayers she has a wonderful and blessed Easter as do you!⛪

Lynn, I’m sorry for another delay with Dave. I have absolute confidence without question that you would do a great grout job. Please don’t! Remember you are paying Dave to do the remodel not vice versa! You know, I just, always, want you to take good care:flower3:. Please share pictures with us when all is finished. You’ll get there, my friend, you really will. This morning, I saw a lot of bigger ads in between posts. Now, the page is in a narrow long column! :P I certainly hope that gets fixed asap. 🙏 that Don is feeling even better today.

Judique, thank you for sharing through your conversation with your son an adorable baby image indeed. LOL, spoken like a proud father. I absolutely respect his and his wife’s choice to keep their children off of social media. I try to be cautious online and still don’t feel comfortable posting personal 🖼️.Prayers also that your :car:is being cooperative and working safely and smoothly as it should!

PollyannaMom, I’m sorry you’re also seeing the squished-up posts—great description. I hope you are able to get to Nashville someday✈️. Maybe you and AuntieMe3 can even meet there!

AuntieMe3, wow the new :santa:Village sounds very different than my vague memories of going there a few times back in the 80’s as a kid. Have you gone recently? If so, I hope you enjoyed. I’ll have to Google. I’m glad you and Dolly:dogdance: are able to have a quieter Monday. Wow, you are also, like Carol, traveling all over. Have fun in Nashville! Are you going to Dollywood? That and the Grand Ole Opry, of course, are what TN always first bring to my mind. The Smoky Mountains would be beautiful to see. Please take some pictures and, of course, stay safe and all good traveling wishes and prayers.

Pea, continuing 🙏 for your DH indeed. I remember both my grandma and friend Shirley needing to often have their BP medication adjusted. That is definitely, as you especially know as a nurse, something to closely keep an eye on. Your DH is extra blessed to have you in his life, of course in all ways, but also for your medical knowledge. Extra hug to your daughter and always paws and love to both Toto and Grady:dog2:Not a rodent fan at all. He has a loving home with your family for which, of course, I give God thanks and all of you, too. after all, 🐹 are God's beloved creatures, too.

The page looks more normal at the moment with just white spaces to the left and right of this reply box. Much preferable to earlier!

Have a happy rest of the day everyone. Thinking of all of you and sending hugs.

Last edited:

@TazDev Please take care of yourself. I hope your foot and ankle heal well. You are a kind and caring grandmother to help take care of your grandkids when they are sick.

Carol I hope you have a nice trip to Hawaii. Thanks for stopping by with an update. Your grandkids are adorable.

@Kirby Congrats to all on the new addition Piper. 5 girls. Wow! Quite a full house. I am glad you had a nice visit with your DS and DDIL. I do need to add with the swimsuit comment that I wear a 2 piece bathing suit (tankini type) long top and swim skirt, and then put the shirt over that. I think that is why the shirt top sticks to the bathing suit top and does not billow out.

@Pea-n-Me Such a cute hamster. I am glad your DD has such a nice hamster. He looks like he is at home.

@dazedx3 Thinking of you.

Good morning. 35 and expected to get into the 50s. Yesterday it was near 50 but with the wind it seemed so much colder. I find myself being cold alot so it could be me. I am getting things ready to bring to Kenny's and packing up what I can for the movers to take. I am still letting them pack up the kitchen, laundry area, and kitchen closet. There really isn't very much but my hip has been bothering me so I am happy to have them do it. It really isn't that much extra since I don't have alot. I am thinking about how to put my furniture in the new place. I may put my sleeper sofa in my bedroom as if I have the grandkids for a sleepover they will want to be with me and not in the second bedroom in the front of the condo. They may not want to be away from mom and dad but just in case. Decisions, decisions. Next stop for me will be the window blinds store in May and the appliance store the agent recommended. Kenny said he would come with me to pick out the appliances. I have a budget for each and need to stay within that.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good Tuesday morning.:flower:

Didn't do anything last night after work. I was going to go to the gym or at least do some kind of exercising at home but my back is really bothering me 😩. I'm sure it's a pinched nerve, sleeping has been horrible the past couple of nights. Every time I move it hurts. I really should have went to pilates class last night. That probably would have been good to stretch it out but I was comfortable on the couch (which provides no support what-so-ever for my back).

Pea-n-Me - the new family member is adorable, reminds me of Stuart Little.🐭

Breezy_Carol - have fun in Hawaii. Would love to go sometime.🏝️

Kirby - congratulations on another granddaughter, love the name. That is one heck of an arrival story!🎀

It's been cold in the mornings but doable by later in the afternoon. We have rain predicted starting tonight.🌧️

I finally found somewhere to go for Easter. Made reservations at a restaurant yesterday, however we really wanted to do a brunch but they were booked for that time so we went with an early dinner. Ordered Mia an Easter dress and an outfit to wear when she goes to see the Easter bunny 🐰, that should arrive today.

Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. Sunny and 60's today.

Don's PCP finally called back, only took since Thursday. What's the point of a PCP if she doesn't bother? She said she can't get him home health care until she sees him, it's been too long since he's been in (It was Dec,), so did he want her to make him an appointment. He said that's the problem, I can't get out to get there. So we're right back where we started from. At least some of his issues have resolved themselves, now he says maybe he can exercise his legs more and get enough strength back in them to go out of the house.

@tazdev3225 Sorry about your ankle, take care of yourself!
@footballmouse I hope your back is better soon. I know how painful a bad back is.

Summer's health issues continue to get worse. She went to the foot Dr yesterday. She has 15% more curvature in her feet since the July scans. He told her he's never seen someone her age with rheumatoid arthritis this progressive. He said he doesn't usually offer surgery this early on but he would do it if she wanted. Said recovery is long so she said no. They did fit her for insoles and shoes while she was there.

Waiting for Dave, and there had better be no excuses for not showing up today. His '3 day' completion time is up to 3 weeks now.

Have a great day everyone

fa3fa7125777dccaa1b515d09cf9649e.jpg

Good morning from very 🌧️LA,

Snowysmom, I sure get cold easily, too. Sometimes when I first get in bed, I feel too warm under my comforter. I do have two full sized twin microfleece blankets, including the ☃️print one I have on right now along with one pineapple print summery throw that I got at Kmart years ago for under $1 thanks to their Surprise Point offer. Too many layers, heavier weight, aren't comfortable to me. I was thinking a blanket in between the red microfleece and comforter might be ideal. However, then I give God renewed thanks for the blankets I am already so blessed to have! All is good :)

I'm also so thankful, dad, is staying home today. Rain is expected tomorrow as well. I pray to be used to in some way help make God's will for all of a safe, warm, loving shelter a reality.

Snowysom:grouphug:you are such a wonderful grandma. What a sweet idea to put your sleeper sofa in your bedroom for your grandkids. Thank you for doing that. I remember even when I was an adult, the comfort and good memory of sharing a room (she had two twin beds) with my grandma when she lived in Houston. We always had some nice later night talks.

Beautiful flowers, Bobbiwoz:flower3:I love that yours is a gift from a friend who is tending to the same type of flower, too. I'm with you on wanting to also know the name of Pea's family's new 🐹

Footballmouse:grouphug:🙏that you take care and start feeling a lot better! Perhaps betwen now and Easter, the restaurant will have an earlier time to dine available. I'm grateful you were able to make a reservation, of course, period. Always beings me an extra smile to hear about Baby Mia.

🙏:grouphug:Lynn to you as well. How frustrating and most unhelpful :( Sounds like a new PCP, if possible, might be a good idea? Don is exactly the type of person who ought to qualify for in home health care services! Much prayer continuing for Summer, too.

Stay dry and warm friends. Have a good Tuesday. I'll check back in later.

I am getting beyond frustrated here.. Noontime, no Dave, and no phone call. I waited till noon to call , and now all his phone does is ring. No answer, no voice mail. This , in my opinion is rude. If you tell me you are coming today, then either show up or call and tell me why you aren't here. Don doesn't understand my frustration. The bathroom could have been totally done a week ago. If he doesn't show up today, that's 4 days of nothing being done. I can't let Dave know I'm mad,upset, disappointed etc. He needs to finish. He has our commode and vanity in his garage, it's not like I can get them and have someone else finish the job, not at this point. It's just not right.

@lynxstch - I get the frustration. My grandson did that a couple times and what could I do? He was still my grandson. It's frustrating when you want things done and you are at the mercy of someone else.

Well The weather here is nice today. That's the good news.

Bad news - I didn't sprain my ankle. I have a fracture in there AND sprained my ankle. Guess I will find some decorations for the Boot for Easter.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Finally got him. They went to the burial and are at the luncheon now. He's planning on being here around 4. He will bring the commode, take the old out out, grout behind that, put the new one in, and then grout the rest of the tiles. They were out of service range, or so he claims. They were in Garrett County on the other side of Frostburg. Funny, because I have talked to him in GA, FL, and Ohio before, lol. My sister in law has no issues calling me from Garrett County, it must because he still uses tracfone, which sucks, that's why I got rid of mine. But still, he could have called me at 8 am and told me this. I took the trash down, got the weedwacker out and trimmed a few patches of already too tall grass. I am going to go in and touch up the paint and one spot of the stain that needs it, so everything will be dry by the time he gets here.

looking up some stuff to check out when we're in Nashville end of next month
We enjoyed Nashville when we were there in August, six years ago. We went to the Cheekwood Estate and Gardens. It was beautiful then, can't imagine how gorgeous it is in the Spring. We also enjoyed the Grand Old Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame and riding the Hop On/Hop Off trolley.
I know some of you aren’t into rodents :laughing: but this is our new little guy
A cute one he is!
I think that is why the shirt top sticks to the bathing suit top and does not billow out.
That's possible. I've ordered the next size down to see how it fits. I was thinking this morning that I probably will not need a bathing suit this year. I imagine I will spend a lot of time driving back and forth to Houston to help out DS.
That is one heck of an arrival story!
And she was already back home less than 24 hours.
He said that's the problem, I can't get out to get there.
Can he get up and out with a walker? Maybe use a wheelchair? A company that transports people that need help like he does? I know that with my mom, home health was a god send. It improved her mobility so much.

:wave:Good Afternoon,

:grouphug:and big 🙏dear Taz! I'm so sorry to hear that--all you need! :( Extra healing prayers to you bigtime!

Lynn, your bathroom🛁 will get done, you'll see. I'm of course, so sorry for poor communication and so many delays--very frustrating indeed!:hug:

:cheer2:again for Baby Piper, Kirby! And an extra :hug:to you! That is an amazing birth story for sure. Praise God extra for a safe delivery! Great suggestion for Lynn, too.

I am thinking about how to put my furniture in the new place. I may put my sleeper sofa in my bedroom as if I have the grandkids for a sleepover they will want to be with me and not in the second bedroom in the front of the condo.
Oooh, that's a great idea!

Ordered Mia an Easter dress and an outfit to wear when she goes to see the Easter bunny 🐰, that should arrive today.
I bet she'll be just adorable!

@lynxstchThese are two amaryllises blooming now. The first is at a friend‘s house, the other is mine. Mine was a gift from that friend.

View attachment 748004
Mine is a bit behind in bloom

View attachment 748005
Oooh, I love them!!

If you tell me you are coming today, then either show up or call and tell me why you aren't here.
Yes. A funeral is unavoidable, so I wouldn't mind the delay itself, but he should have told you he wouldn't be there, so you could plan to do other things with your time.

The sun is shining here, and it has warmed up nicely from this morning. The cats each enjoyed some time outside, and I'm very glad the boards are back to looking normal!

It's been a busy day here. The newest round of senior college offerings has started, so today I had a zoom class on the 1990s and an art history class at the library. I also went to the grocery store. (I put away the cold stuff, but am taking a break before I do any more!)

I enjoyed the return of Call the Midwife on PBS this week, and also finally watched "Unexpected Grace" over the weekend, which I had taped a while ago on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

He showed up just before 4. The walls are all grouted except for one little part, he will finish that tomorrow. He did the grouting and I did the cleaning. The new toilet is also in and working. He had a long day so I told him to go home and get some sleep. Tomorrow he will put the vanity in, do the plumbing, finish the last of the grout, and do the window trim while I am grocery shopping. Then we will go to Lowes and do returns and get the last few things for electrical.

Have a nice evening.

Good for you, PollyannaMom! I admire that you're taking different classes and hope you're enjoying them. You definitely make a kind difference to anyone you meet in them.

Glad Dave did come, Lynn. Prayers you can now have a more restful evening!

Rainy quiet Tuesday here. I kerp thinking it's Wednesday since dad usually does laundry on Tuesdays. We are both grateful this week he did laundry on Monday and stayed safe and dry at home today instead!

WIshing all of you a cozy good evening and night with love.

Good evening everyone...

Update on my friend I asked for prayers for, her dad passed away yesterday. :guilty: I'm sad for the family and hope I'm able to help comfort them during this time. It brought up some stuff for me that I'm going to need to talk to my therapist about this week. Just the thought of going to be with my friend at the hospital yesterday, almost made me feel physically ill. I felt so panicky, lightheaded and nauseous....I feel like I have a bit of PTSD for all the time I spent at the hospital with my mom and being there at the hospital by myself when she passed. I felt terrible I couldn't physically be there for my friend but I know she'll understand when I'm able to talk to her about it.

The weather is terrible here, its so rainy and dreary, the wind is soo bad, it didnt help the mood today.

Yesterday it was near 50 but with the wind it seemed so much colder.
The wind definitely makes it colder here. I'm so tired of the wind.

my back is really bothering me 😩. I'm sure it's a pinched nerve,
Dh and I both are having to the same problem. We think it might be our bed.

He said that's the problem, I can't get out to get there. So we're right back where we started from.
Did the Dr have any suggestions? Geez...you would think she would try to figure out a way to get him in there.

These are two amaryllises blooming now. The first is at a friend‘s house, the other is mine. Mine was a gift from that friend.
Beautiful...I love the color of yours.

Kmart years ago for under $1 thanks to their Surprise Point offer.
I miss Kmart and their awesome points. We got a lof of free stuff from points and sometimes if was a complete surprise how many point I had.

I have a fracture in there AND sprained my ankle.
Oh no. I hope you heal quickly.

We went to the Cheekwood Estate and Gardens. It was beautiful then, can't imagine how gorgeous it is in the Spring. We also enjoyed the Grand Old Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame and riding the Hop On/Hop Off trolley.
Definitely doing a Grand Old Opry tour, Country Music Hall of Fame and DH wants to go to the Johnny Cash Museum. I'm reading not great recent reviews about the on/off trolley which is a bummer. I'll check out the estate and garden. We'll be there for a wedding. We're getting there a couple days before and we'll have a day or two after. I'm excited, seems like a nice place.

The walls are all grouted except for one little part, he will finish that tomorrow. He did the grouting and I did the cleaning. The new toilet is also in and working
Glad some stuff got done today. Hopefully the rest goes fast and then it will be all done.

@PollyannaMom I love Call the Midwife but watch on Netflix so I have to wait a bit for the new season.

The wind seems to be dying down a bit, thank goodness. Now I need to figure out what to make for dinner...maybe it's a take out night.

Hope you all have a great night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter