Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. Woke up to a freak March thunderstorm this morning. It was pretty violent. The rain was pounding sideways against the windows, and the thunder and lightening were almost constant. I don't mind thunder, but lightening scares me, always has. I used to hide under the bed when I was little.

Dave had to get his wife,non wife out of jail at 7 this morning. She had to serve a 15 day sentence and then another 10 day one. She got dizzy and hit a telephone pole, and they arrested her for being DUI. She doesn't drink, but she takes heart and psych meds and they told her she wasn't supposed to be driving while taking them. I have never heard of such a thing. She had just gone to court for the first offense when it happened again. Dave was going to pick her up, take her to the market, then to her house, and then come here. I got rid of all the drop cloths and picked up all his tools, then washed the floor in there. Last night I painted the inside of the linen closet before he puts the shelves in today. We are going to Lowes for the returns and few things we need to finish and then to Frostburg to get the wood trim. I would rather pay $8 for 8 feet there, than $27 for 8 feet at Lowes!

Sun is supposed to come out and the temps go to 75, right now it's still 52 outside.

Have a great Thursday

395bffb2c3be48283a01381e5e93182c.jpg

Good Morning everyone from dry LA,

🙏always that each of you had a good night's sleep, I did, and are having a warm and blessed Thursday, too. Thankful to God also that dad just got safely home from morning 🛍️at 99 and Target. This afternoon we will be doing some online Walmart needed shopping as well. I'll be getting some Easter mail ready💌

Hooray for playground fun🛝with the twins, PollyannaMom. Thank you, always, for the love and care you give them and vice versa to them as they give you. I LOVE that together you and the little girl made a salsa using a recipe from a book that she read, what a wonderful way to connect together a story with a fun, learning, and hopefully tasty activity. I had to Google Othello. Good for the little boy! Thank you, of course, for teaching him to play.

Send me some🌞, Kirby! I'm grateful to have helped save you 🛒 money. Thank you for your church pantry donation.

:wave: AuntieMe3 and Snowysmom (enjoy your lunch and time with your friend) extra bug and 🕊️prayers to both of you.

How frustrating, Footballmouse! Dad has found that CVS often has trouble locating our ordered photos. I hope you finally were able to use their photo printer. How is the print quality? CVS is very handy but lately (and to be fair we print mostly dark apartment or internet found images) the printed pictures are awfully dark. :lovestrucMia. Have a wonderful celebration with her and Evan tonight.

How awful for Dave and his wife, Lynn! Smart shopping as always, too! I'm sorry though you may need to take a :car:to save but sounds worth it. :hug:I don't care for thunder lightning!

Wishing all of dear you a good afternoon. I will check back in later.

I really like the vanity, Lynn!

We drove to Channel Islands Visitor Center in Ventura today. Lovely ride, Lovely day. The Pacific Ocean seemed rough to me, we saw plenty of surfers while we drove on US 101. At one time we thought we would do a tourist boat ride, I don’t know if they went out today, but it looked rougher than we were comfortable with.
E67BDFB1-82C7-42E7-8D58-CEE1508F3EFD.jpeg

From the top floor at visitor center.

705B4F2E-04AC-446E-B516-345815FD8AC6.jpeg612F4BB5-173D-4F1F-814C-06E2E6A072F2.jpegThen we do these photos. Unfortunately, I wasn’t crouched low enough.

The weather has been magnificent!

It’s been a very long time since we have ridden US101. The mountains next to the coast are magnificent. Then you see the citrus trees up on the hills. I am so glad we are here!

:hug:Bobbiwoz and praise God you did arrive safely first and foremost and are enjoying some new sights, too! I've been to Ventura once, I think years ago there was Patagonia Outlet store there. It's a couple hours or so north of me depending on traffic. You were semi close and God-willing one day when Covid has more settled as we have talked about, if ever you do get back out here to LA, we will absolutely meet :) Meantime, stay safe and have a wonderful time. Congratulations again to the bride and groom. How blessed they are to have you and Tom at their ceremony. Wonderful pictures, so scenic and I love the fun of the second photo. Thank you for sharing!

:hug:to you as well, PollyannaMom. Enjoy the 🐦class! Quiet days are often the nicest :)

All is well and stayed dry all day here. Dad and I checked all of our🔦, touch lights, and two battery operated lanterns this morning. I meant to share this earlier. We changed some batteries and discovered one of our two lanterns (at least 4+ years old) was corroded inside and needed to be replaced which we did via Walmart. Coleman Lantern We have one of these same lanterns already and like it which gives greater peace of mind to online ordering this new one. Reminder to at least once a year check battery operated devices including smoke/carbon monoxide detectors to be sure all are safely working.

Easter note/question. As all of you already know, Easter for me is all about and only for Christ! Much like Christmas. Like Christmastime and stockings, baskets can be a spring/seasonal way of extra cheer and fun and there's nothing wrong with that, of course. It was fun making my dad an Easter basket last year. It was adorable but felt, not lasting and it didn't. I felt badly about tearing part of it off :( The basket he got me was also felt and just so very wide. It made a perfect surprise birthday basket for my 97-year-old friend Ruth which, of course, brought me a lot of cheer.

Anyway, I wanted us to choose new baskets for one another. We each liked the same basket from Walmart best. Any ideas on how we could get them to say "Mona," and "Dad?" I did ask my friend Melanie who so kindly embroidered our stockings for us at Christmas. A liner is, different material than a stocking, no surprise to me and she wasn't seeing how that could be an option for these baskets. She's thinking on it. I do know we could get name tags which is what we'll probably do. Any Quacker family ideas? Thank you! Good evening and night hug to all.

Attachments

• Good Night.jpg
    Good Night.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1
Got a lot accomplished today, after spending 1 `1/2 hours in Lowe and having to get a manager. I had receipts for everything, yet they insisted I show my ID not one, not 2, not 3, but 4 times? What the heck. I also had 2 items with no receipts, small items, like $3 worth. They had to give me a gift card for those, and then the cashier at the register asked for my ID, yet again? They don't even take their own gift cards without a hassle? The we couldn't find the fancy wood trim. One would think it would be with all the other wood trim? No, it was way down where the plywood and other woods are. We spent 15 looking for that. Finally got home, and got a lot done. One window is all trimmed, the electrical plates are all on. The plumbing is hooked up for the sink, so I can stop brushing my teeth in the kitchen sink, lol. We cut and stained all the wood trim, and I just finished giving it a coat of polyurethane. I also painted the linen cabinet doors the same sea salt color as the wall. It blends in nicely now. The towel bars, grab bars, and toilet paper holder are all installed. Tomorrow should be putting up the tile trim and the floor molding, and building shelves for the linen closet. Then it's installing the doors, and building the trim for the octagon window. I think that will be the end of it, so possibly tomorrow, but definitely Saturday I will have a finished bathroom!

Have a nice evening all, I am off to bed shortly after I watch Survivor

Briefly came back before heading offline for the night.

:cheer2:for finished bathrooms dear Lynn! Wow, what an ordeal at Lowe's. I'm sorry:grouphug:Your new bathroom will look lovely, my friend. Get some rest, please tonight!

Bobbiwoz, LA traffic is not something to mess with! I only feel comfortable driving to familiar places pretty much. Dad, can find a needle in a haystack and is our freeway for the most part navigator and driver. To me directions are much simpler such as turn right at the church on the corner or at a school across the street. Here's too meeting you indeed sometime to come. I so look forward to it. :hug:

@flyingdumbo127 Love the Easter baskets. I am not crafty at all so cannot help with the names.

@bobbiwoz Glad you are enjoying your trip. Nice pictures.

Good morning. I had a nice lunch with my friend. I have not seen her since the end of January as she has been in Florida and then her dig has been ill since coming back. She is a 14 year old dog and I think maybe the plane trip and being in a strange place for a month did not help. The little doggie is getting better day by day so I hope it continues. We talked about getting together when I move. Since I am in the area on Thursdays at the office we can do lunch then or meet halfway at a restaurant we both like on other days. We will figure it out.

I am heading off to Kenny's after work. I told him my car needed a car wash so we are taking the kiddies to the automatic car wash. They love going there. Then I am treating them to dinner, probably at Chik fil A or wherever they want. I will probably just stay tonight. Beginning next Friday I will be there for at least 3 months. Not sure how I feel about that. I sometimes feel like I should have bought a condo already built so I could just move in and be done. But, as I have been very particular this time, it just didn't happen. In my current complex there have been 4 units for sale with only 2 selling so far. I have been told people are waiting for units to come up for sale here and want to move here. The units used to go in one weekend and very few ever came up for sale. 4 units for sale at one time is a record. I think with the current market things are staying on longer. Plus my agent tells me that some towns do not have any listings at all. It seems like people may be waiting to see what is going on with the economy.

Have a good day. Off to work.

Happy Friday!☔

Working from home today so that's a boost to my mood 🙂. Mia is coming over today so there's another boost🥰 but then I work night shift this weekend so in a few hours I can start stressing over not getting much sleep for the weekend 🫤.

Finished up the moisturizer study yesterday so I'll be getting that check in a couple of weeks. Worked a little longer when I got home so I don't have to use PTO to cover the hours I was gone :surfweb:. Got home and did laundry, cleaned out the litter boxes, cleaned the backyard, and some house cleaning. Today before Mia comes over I'll just need to sweep the floors.

Tired last night, in bed at 9:00 🥱. Rained during the night could hear it hitting the house. Lynxstch - I wished we had the rain you had, I love to sleep during a thunder storm ⛈️.

Have a great day! :wave:

Got a lot accomplished today, after spending 1 `1/2 hours in Lowe and having to get a manager. I had receipts for everything, yet they insisted I show my ID not one, not 2, not 3, but 4 times? What the heck. I also had 2 items with no receipts, small items, like $3 worth. They had to give me a gift card for those, and then the cashier at the register asked for my ID, yet again? They don't even take their own gift cards without a hassle? The we couldn't find the fancy wood trim. One would think it would be with all the other wood trim? No, it was way down where the plywood and other woods are. We spent 15 looking for that. Finally got home, and got a lot done. One window is all trimmed, the electrical plates are all on. The plumbing is hooked up for the sink, so I can stop brushing my teeth in the kitchen sink, lol. We cut and stained all the wood trim, and I just finished giving it a coat of polyurethane. I also painted the linen cabinet doors the same sea salt color as the wall. It blends in nicely now. The towel bars, grab bars, and toilet paper holder are all installed. Tomorrow should be putting up the tile trim and the floor molding, and building shelves for the linen closet. Then it's installing the doors, and building the trim for the octagon window. I think that will be the end of it, so possibly tomorrow, but definitely Saturday I will have a finished bathroom!

Have a nice evening all, I am off to bed shortly after I watch Survivor
Lowes and the returns with gift cards. I had a partial return that had no receipt for about $3. It was hell getting them to honor the gift card. Apparently the original cashier that issued it typed in something wrong. I did have the receipt that came with the gift card, so eventually after trying to use it in two Lowes stores, I had to stand my ground until they figured it out.

And, just for the record, I was checking out through the self checkout, so that held up my register for quite some time.

Many other stores would just issue a credit and move on. And, in most cases, you would get an apology. Not there.

We have not received the rainy days that were promised yet. It's now overcast and may be raining north of me. Yesterday it got up to 80 degrees here. Fortunately I have ceiling fans.

It's 56 degrees right now and I want to do an outdoor project but don't wish to get rained on, so I guess it must wait.

Briefly came back before heading offline for the night.

:cheer2:for finished bathrooms dear Lynn! Wow, what an ordeal at Lowe's. I'm sorry:grouphug:Your new bathroom will look lovely, my friend. Get some rest, please tonight!

Bobbiwoz, LA traffic is not something to mess with! I only feel comfortable driving to familiar places pretty much. Dad, can find a needle in a haystack and is our freeway for the most part navigator and driver. To me directions are much simpler such as turn right at the church on the corner or at a school across the street. Here's too meeting you indeed sometime to come. I so look forward to it. :hug:

Is LA traffic worse than NYC/Manhattan traffic? For those that have driven them both. I have little problem with navigating New York or Washington, DC (city) or the DC Beltway but I found Boston fairly annoying, especially years ago when so much was dug up.

Good rainy morning. It rained gently all night, and was still almost 70 degrees, so I slept with the windows open. Calling for rain through tomorrow, possibly 1 or 2". The grass is all green here and growing like crazy. By the time I finished painting the closet doors, and putting polyurethane on all the newly stained pieces, I was exhausted. Of course because I was so tired and sore, I couldn't fall asleep. It was 3 am the last time I looked at the clock, and slept until 8. I'm glad we are nearing the finish line, I can't take much more. But it's nice to look in there and see so much of it fully finished.

Have a nice morning everyone.

ff34daee6ff1082140b597076120c41b.jpg

Good morning…it’s 6:22 here, and I’ve been awake since 4 something. So, not really settling into this time zone. Thankfully, we are guests and I don’t have work to do. DH went to sleep around 8 last night and he’s still sleeping! Sleeping is one of his strong points! :)

@Judique My DH did not like to drive in Boston and we lived and grew up near Boston. When our younger DS was in NYC for 6 months DH enjoyed driving around NYC. He liked the grid pattern of the streets. He got so stressed when we had to pick up younger DS at school in Boston. The streets in Boston are old cow paths that sometimes make no sense and the traffic is awful.

Lynn Hope the work is done soon so you can get some rest!

Most of the storms that came through last night ended up in Oklahoma, we've received just a smattering of rain here. A cool front should keep the temps in the lower 70s today. We're expecting a very nice weekend.

Snowysmom, the condo you are building sounds so nice. The three months that you spend with Kenny will pass fast. This is such a nice time of year, everything growing, flowers blooming, birds flitting out and about. Do I remember correctly you saying that your condo will be one story only, no one above you? That sounds so wonderful! As I remind DS in his situation, think of the long game.

I had dinner with friends last night. It was our monthly girl's night, we went to Doe Belly's Cajun Catfish. I haven't eaten there in years. It was pretty good. Was so good to see them and catch up. With our busy lives we don't see each other except for this monthly time together. There are six of us and three are retired. This time next year I will be the only one not retired but I can get out and do things during the day that the others can't. So we plan to change our evening dinner to lunch time then. That way we can go farther afield and explore new places.

Good Morning from a very windy earlier LA,

Thanks extra to God all is calm (and dry) now especially while dad is out doing laundry and Ralph's shopping. Earlier this morning the wind was blowing mightily. A friend back east told me in Montebello, about 45 minutes to an hour from me, there was an actual tornado yesterday and the same with Downtown, much closer. Dad and I both had no idea tornadoes struck here, yikes! 🙏 for calm skies!

Snowysmom:grouphug:ITA with Kirby's wise and kind words. Your new condo to be sounds ideal and very 🕊️which you know I pray it will be. I understand that it may feel once you are at Kenny's for three months that there's no going back. Honestly, dear friend, look at it as moving forward in faith, trust, and with I absolutely pray a lighter heart to come. Should you ever need a change of scene or some alone time during the 3 months would it be possible for you to spend a night with a friend or even treat yourself to a night at a hotel? I do remember once while in the thick of being a caregiver to my beloved grandma and feeling overwhelmed, a one-night trip to the CA-OR coast (this was when I was living way up in Northern, CA) rejuvenated me. Please remember also that myself along with the rest of your Quacker family love and are here for you always. On a different note, I'm glad you like the Easter basket. I was especially drawn to it for the 🌼on the inside. LOL, just realized, of course, I was! Being a 🐣It's also a reminder to me of the mustard seed. :dogdance:🙏for your friend and her furry friend, too!

🧺🌸Thanks, to you as well, PollyannaMom. That is a great idea. We don't have a hot glue gun though. I think I have (pre pandemic) seen them even at Dollar Tree. Something to look into. I also had the idea of a shaped luggage or even name tag. I appreciate you and your creativity always!

Footballmouse, how was Evan's 🎂 dinner last night?🙏all of you had a lot of fun and good memories. Hooray always for Baby Mia! As I always tell Lynn, you please also get some 🛌

Please stay dry🌧️and safe, Judique! What a frustrating Lowe's experience! I'm sorry that happened to you:hug: To answer your NY question, I was too young when I lived there to have an answer for you now. I was born in NY, but we moved out here when I wasn't even 1. Traffic out here can depend on where you are going and also weather:car:Rain even a little rain can cause trouble around here because drivers aren't all that accustomed to it--although by now, this year, should be! In more congested areas of the city such as downtown where dad worked for many years and where the huge library is, traffic can be very slow and busy with lots of one-way streets and pedestrians. I wouldn't feel comfortable driving on the freeway to go there. Really, the same with making the drive to Disneyland. I do best with short and familiar routes.

:grouphug::cheer2:Lynn! You are getting so close to being done indeed! Just PLEASE don't overdo it, any more than you already have, to get there! 70's sounds fantastic! 80's lol would be even better 🌞How grateful to God truly I am all days :) I am excited for you, my friend, and look forward to seeing finished photos! I love the pluto:topiary! So cute.

Bobbiwoz, I'm glad your DH is enjoying extra 💤I'm sorry, of course, that you got up so early. When I visited my grandma years ago in Houston, I'm not sure I ever fully adjusted during the few days I was out there. It somehow always felt much later than it was, and I also remember having much more of an appetite perhaps because of that. Enjoy some extra R&R, too 🙏for continued safe travels and a truly wonderful time at the wedding.

Kirby, how lovely and fun to have a monthly girl's night with a group of friends. Wish you and other of our Quacker family lived out here so we could do the same although I admit to preferring a day out or in, instead. We could have a Quacker slumber party of sorts perhaps. Enjoy the :sunny:weather out there.

🙏extra this morning for Dazed, Frog, and Pea. Thinking of you with love as well, AuntieMe3, Carol (prayers you are having a fantastic time in HI), and Maple Moose, DinseyMommy Michelle (long time) always Tina, too, would love to have you post again, same with you Tink-osophy.

Time for me to check the wind and possibly go move my :car:for street cleaning next week as spaces fill up on our street quickly on Thursdays and Fridays after one side is finished for the week. Of course, there is almost a week until next Thursday at 8am when my car would have to be parked across the street! :)

Have a good day friends with some new joy. I will check back later.

Attachments

• From Zephaniah.jpg
    From Zephaniah.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter