Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Thursday! ::MickeyMo

Is this your first?
Nope, it's my 4th. I have one more that I want to get probably next year and then I'm done.

Have a hair appointment tonight,✂️ something I always look forward to. After that I'm going to stop at Meijer and get what I need to make macc & cheese for the baby shower. We're having it outside during our family picnic so I'm making it in the crockpot. New recipe so I hope it taste good. I bought a couple of toys for the shower and putting a card with it signed "from their cats".:cat: Figured they would get a laugh out of that.

Watching the Today show now, I really don't like Al Roker. I wish he would retire.🤞

Watched Survivor last night. Happy with the person that went home.👋 Didn't watch the new Love Boat, I don't like those dating shows. That show pushed The Amazing Race back to 10:00 so luckily I always record that show because I was asleep by 9:30.

My new mattress is very comfortable.😴 I realized this morning when I woke up that I haven't been tossing and turning like I used to. My old mattress was causing me so much hip and back pain during the night.

That's it, off to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. Have a great day! ::MinnieMo

Frog, I saw you call your DH “FH” and I wondered what it stood for. For a few mins I thought you were being facetious and made up a [not so nice] name for your ex. It made me chuckle. Then I realized it meant “former husband”. :laughing:

Here to say I think I prefer the [not so nice] name for him that I made up in my head ::yes:: so that is how it will continue to be for me when reading your future posts. 👍🏻

This made me LOL as I have told her that several times in pm's. I have names for her FH that would get me DIS points!

Good morning all. Another cool start to the day, but going to 75. This weekend they are saying down to 35 overnite--yuck!

@Pea-n-Me I hope you feel better soon

I am about to tackle getting the old dvd player out of the cabinet. I am pretty sure when we put it in, we had to either take the back off the cabinet or take the glass doors. Old dvd players are so much bigger than the ones they have nowadays. We have probably had this dvd player since 2002 or 2003, lol

If the tv doesn't take all day to get set up, I plan on mowing the lawn. If not, tomorrow is supposed to be nice too, and I can do it then.

Have a nice morning

R.png

Dad is happy because the Dodgers won their final regular season game giving them a record high of 111 wins this ⚾ season! I'm no longer a big fan but of course, am glad that the team is doing so well and that it makes dad happy, too :)

Wishing everyone a good evening.
Well, we are Phillies Fans, and are thrilled they are a wild card this year. Our Houston family were at the Houston/Phillies game. They were in the Phillies section and kept face timing me, so I was feeling that I was there at well!

Good Morning dear Quacker family 🌸

Of course it brings me joy always to read shares of :sunny:and comfortable new 🛏️along with happier moments with family and such kind neighbors (Lynn), too.

:grouphug:extra to you Frog! I truly admire you and your courage to always to always put your children first! Kindness and truth, love, is forever what matters! Your kids are so blessed to have you! Prayers, of course, continuing.

:hug:Pea and feel better!

Bobbiwoz, how fun that your family got to go to a ⚾game. YEARS ago, I did get to go with my cousins to a few games in the old Astrodome! I don't think I've ever been to the Astros new stadium. I hope the Phillies do well this postseason :)

Dad has a morning doctor's appointment. 🙏for that to go smoothly and safely, please. Thank you. We never did get any mail delivery yesterday. It was supposed to only be junk anyway so no big deal. We shall see what happens today. Tomorrow is when dad's surprise bigger Christmas bowl is due to come via UPS. I'm excited about that. I'll definitely post a picture over the weekend of perhaps both bowls along with our Autumn kitchen decorations.

Have a blessed Thursday, friends. I will check back later.

The sun is finally shining again here too! :goodvibes I'm so glad, as I do not do well with grey and cloudy.

I watched the twins for the first time in ages yesterday, and it was good to see them. :Pinkbounc:jumping3: They are both enjoying second grade. The little girl is all about learning to cook lately, so we made crepes for snack. Definitely yummy!

And my mums seem to be doing well:
A2CC5F33-38E8-4B6E-9DC1-609D4C9EAC03.jpeg

Last edited:
Good afternoon everyone....

Thank you for all the doggie love, I really appreciate it. ❤️ It's just soo sad. Like DH had a special attachment with our other dog that left us at the end of last year, Buddy was my baby. Yesterday was a weird day of...where is he? Do I need to let him in/out? I need to feed him...only to realize he's not here any longer. I have all his dog beds(he had 4 spread around the house...lol) and all the other stuff for dog stuff stacked in our outdoor patio until we can figure out what to do with it. I have some friends that are taking the rest of the opened bag of dry food he occasionally liked to eat and some supplements we gave him. The local pet supply store we got our dry dog food from has a program where you buy 9 bags and you get the 10th free. We have a free bag waiting for us there that I'm going to pick up and donate to the local animal shelter, along with some unopened can food we experimented with not to long ago(he was soo picky...lol). He was such a good boy, soo spoiled....he definitely did live a good life here with us...

I'm feeling a bit better, my cough is mostly gone, I don't feel as congested anymore, its more of a dry tickle cough now....still annoying. And my energy is still low from not doing anything but lay in bed for over a week now. I went to the grocery store yesterday then had dinner with my BFFs and was SOOo exhausted when I got home.

Glad to hear everyone is getting their sunshine back. 🌞 We're in a heat wave I think...its been in the 90s all week and will be again today and tomorrow. I'm ready for fall weather....when the sun is shining but there is a nice cool breeze.

@footballmouse love the new tattoo design. Dd wants to get something to commemorate the dogs but can't decide on what yet. It will be her first tattoo.

Hope you all have a great day. And again that's for the love and support.

Old tv is out, and in our bedroom, old dvd player is out and may go into the bedroom. Guy next door came over and asked if I needed his help lifting it, I did, and thanked him so much. Took us all of 2 minutes to get it up on the cabinet. We put the safety straps on it, and turned it on. Got the cable and tv working,,but we couldn't use our ISP's remotes to turn it on or off. After 3 calls to them..they got mine working. Don (DH) will do everything but turn it on and off. They are sending a new remote to see if that's the problem, and if that doesn't do it..they will send a tech to figure it out. We just have separate remotes because they gave us a new one with the tivo and I already had a new one. It's easier to pick what we want to watch. lol
Partly sunny, a few clouds, but 75 degrees

Frog I have called your FH many names none of them Dis friendly. I like thinking about what FH could mean. He really is manipulative but don't let him get his way. He needs to know he has to abide by the agreement. I really dislike that he puts the kids in the middle. He does not have their best interest at heart and that will show to the attorneys and the court if it gets that far. Glad your job is easy and not one that you take home with you.

@flyingdumbo127 Hope your Dad had a good appt with the doctor.

It is sunny and warm here today. I had to put the AC back on just to get it a bit cooler. It is that time of year where I go back and forth for a bit. I went into the office today. It is nice to see everyone.

After last weekend of being alone all weekend I will be seeing both sons this weekend. Kenny does not have the kids this weekend since he will have them for our Disney trip. I want to talk with him per my therapist's advice as well as take him to Bernie and Phyls to look at a couple of couches with me. There is one near him. Then I will ask Jeff to come with me another time to the one near him. I want their advice and help. I have 2 couches I like and can't decide. I don't want to buy much stuff for the condo since I will be moving in the Spring but I really need a small couch in the office/bedroom. It will help with selling too as right now the room looks a bit empty on one side. I don't want staging done when I sell and I need a couch so it works. Sunday I will be seeing Jeff and family. I am sure the kids are excited about Disney.

Have a good rest of the day.

What beautiful orange :flower3:flowers, PollyannaMom! I love that they are close to being pumpkin-shaped (with some imagination) as well. Thank you:hug:, always, for the love, school support and extra teaching, and in all ways kind care you give to the twins. Wonderful that at least one of the two is interested in cooking. There was a kid’s cooking camp at church over the summer. Perhaps if she/they are still inclined that could be a fun summer activity for them both to be part of with other kids.

Big :grouphug:, AuntieMe3! Heartbreaking time indeed. Know always we care so much. Thank you for your donations to other animals! I know the Food Pantry at least one church also takes pet donations. That might be an idea along with the animal shelter. For me, here, this week has been cooler. This weekend it may go back to being in the upper 80’s. You please take care and feel better!🌸

:cheer2: that your TV is all hooked up, Lynn. Much happy watching to you and Don. What type of DVD player do you have? Dad and I are considering getting a DVD player depending on what we decide based on some extra medical suggestions to come. Enjoy something fun tonight and I am so glad you have a kind and helpful neighbor! You sure are one!:hug:

Thanks so much, Snowysmom:grouphug:. Dad’s appointment went just fine. He’s getting his flu shot on Sunday at Target because they offer a $5 off $20 gift card for getting it there. Otherwise he could have gotten it this morning at his doctor’s office. I am extra grateful to God that you will have family-time this weekend. ::MickeyMo excited for you. I truly hope you and Taz get to meet up! Look forward to hearing about that and both of your trips, of course, in general.

Have a great evening, friends.

Hello and good evening to all Quackers.

I just wanted to say thanks to all who have chimed in regarding FH's "new" name. It really does fit him so well...the real meaning that is. But Former Husband works well too.

Also wanted to give an update on my oldest going over there this weekend. I got a text from FH this AM telling me that oldest son has been asking to be over there more. And also youngest son has cried the last several times he's been dropped of with me because he wants to be with FH more also. And, can oldest son please go over and help him Sat. and then youngest go visit him on Sunday. Then he sends another one a few minutes later saying youngest daughter also can come of course because she too is always so sad to leave him. UGH. Now mind you I know he could be laying it on as thick as poo in a pig pen, but I still never know how to respond. So, I asked oldest son how he really felt about going over there.I explained to him that he always can and needs to tell me the truth, even if he thinks it will hurt my feelings. I said that his dad tells me one thing and he (my son) tells me another and I have no idea how to respond to his dad or help him (my son) if I don't know the truth. He is really torn in this mess (which I wouldn't expect him not to be, his whole world has been tossed) because he wants to keep everyone happy. He is really angry at his dad and his actions and doesn't like what he has done to him, his siblings, or me, and he knows it's wrong. He also is able to realize his dad and his grandma are liars and only care about themselves. On the other hand his dad is finally giving him attention and responsibilities in the family business that he's always wanted. He is only 11 so getting to feel "grown up" and treated as such is really appealing to him of course. He told me is does want to go for a bit to help out, as he misses helping in the business. So, I texted FH and told him that Saturday won't work and that the boys can come Sunday for a little bit. He then texts and says, "ask oldest if he wants to come on Saturday and then youngest son can come Sunday". I said no, he wants to come on Sunday and Saturday won't work. He doesn't acknowledge what I wrote at all and just keeps pushing until he gets what he wants. I stood firm though. Then I realized that my oldest is supposed to have a 4-H meeting Sunday, so we will have to get that figured out. I am so angry that he also texted that "just because things with you and I are over, it doesn't mean the kids should be in the middle, that they should have some say in their lives". Is he freaking kidding me? He is giving oldest daughter no say in anything. He only says stuff like that when it fits in what he wants out of a situation. So infuriating. I did send the texts to my attorney and am hoping that this act of flexibility on my part will help in him having to let up on oldest daughter. I know I have to walk a fine line with the flexibility, as I don't want it to get out of control, but I don't want my kids to resent me either. SO hard on so many levels.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing well. I will try to read and respond more over the weekend.

@frog3101 , it is hard. I can remember the times that DD's ex would have Lil Joe in tears when he dropped him off. He would let Lil Joe bring a toy when he dropped him off then refuse to let him take it out of the car and Lil Joe would just cry. The ex would carry him around to the front of his car where his camera could video Lil Joe crying. It looked like he didn't want to leave his dad but in reality he was crying for his toy.

All I can say is keep a journal and write down everything that your ex is doing. It may come in handy one day. Or it may just end up being a way to vent.

Here is a tik tok that describes a little of what DD has gone through.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1115671632392255?fs=e&s=m

@PollyannaMom , your mums are gorgeous! I love that color.

Hello and good evening to all Quackers.

I just wanted to say thanks to all who have chimed in regarding FH's "new" name. It really does fit him so well...the real meaning that is. But Former Husband works well too.

Also wanted to give an update on my oldest going over there this weekend. I got a text from FH this AM telling me that oldest son has been asking to be over there more. And also youngest son has cried the last several times he's been dropped of with me because he wants to be with FH more also. And, can oldest son please go over and help him Sat. and then youngest go visit him on Sunday. Then he sends another one a few minutes later saying youngest daughter also can come of course because she too is always so sad to leave him. UGH. Now mind you I know he could be laying it on as thick as poo in a pig pen, but I still never know how to respond. So, I asked oldest son how he really felt about going over there.I explained to him that he always can and needs to tell me the truth, even if he thinks it will hurt my feelings. I said that his dad tells me one thing and he (my son) tells me another and I have no idea how to respond to his dad or help him (my son) if I don't know the truth. He is really torn in this mess (which I wouldn't expect him not to be, his whole world has been tossed) because he wants to keep everyone happy. He is really angry at his dad and his actions and doesn't like what he has done to him, his siblings, or me, and he knows it's wrong. He also is able to realize his dad and his grandma are liars and only care about themselves. On the other hand his dad is finally giving him attention and responsibilities in the family business that he's always wanted. He is only 11 so getting to feel "grown up" and treated as such is really appealing to him of course. He told me is does want to go for a bit to help out, as he misses helping in the business. So, I texted FH and told him that Saturday won't work and that the boys can come Sunday for a little bit. He then texts and says, "ask oldest if he wants to come on Saturday and then youngest son can come Sunday". I said no, he wants to come on Sunday and Saturday won't work. He doesn't acknowledge what I wrote at all and just keeps pushing until he gets what he wants. I stood firm though. Then I realized that my oldest is supposed to have a 4-H meeting Sunday, so we will have to get that figured out. I am so angry that he also texted that "just because things with you and I are over, it doesn't mean the kids should be in the middle, that they should have some say in their lives". Is he freaking kidding me? He is giving oldest daughter no say in anything. He only says stuff like that when it fits in what he wants out of a situation. So infuriating. I did send the texts to my attorney and am hoping that this act of flexibility on my part will help in him having to let up on oldest daughter. I know I have to walk a fine line with the flexibility, as I don't want it to get out of control, but I don't want my kids to resent me either. SO hard on so many levels.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing well. I will try to read and respond more over the weekend.

3am logic, but looks to me like FH is manipulating the children.

At 11 years old, there is no reason whatsoever that FH needs son to 'help' with the business. That's just garbage to try to strengthen his own hold on the children. He probably feels he's lost the older DD and is trying to cement a relationship with the son. Life's tough when you haven't honed your parenting skills.

If it's your time to have them and during your time they have scheduled activities, time with other friends their age, 4H meetings, etc, then that's what they should be doing, their normal routine.

What shows this is that since he finds oldest DD harder to manipulate he's angry and leaving her out. A mature, normal, loving parent wouldn't be angry at a younger teenager who was having issues adjusting to a disruption the parent caused. They would try to take responsibility for their own actions and give the child the time to work through the traumatic situation.

He sounds like an entitled jerk who wants his way. To be fair, here we only hear one side, and judging from the internet is tricky to say the least.

But facts are, both of you should be working within the parameters of an agreement with regard to custody, and both parties should adhere to an agreement so that the children can have a certain stability.

From experience, at a slightly older age, the kids will themselves choose what their paths will be. They don't stay young forever and 18 is just a number.

There are a lot of life's moments to get through.

Good Morning. Supposed to be a bit warm again today.

@Pea-n-Me So sorry you tested positive. I hope you don't feel too badly and feel better soon.

Frog I am glad you sent the emails to your attorney. And that you talked with your son about how he feels. It must be so hard for him to want to do things and finally get attention from Dad but know what is going on too. It is good that you did not give to exactly what he wanted. I wonder what he would do if you wanted the kids for a bit on his weekend.

The heating and cooling and plumbing guy is coming by today as I have some drips off a pipe in the closet where the pipes are. UGH! They just did service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter