Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@Snowysmom prayers for the guidance you asked for. :grouphug:

75 and breezy here. We opened windows and that feels good for the change.

My back pain is still quite strong. I am coping the best I can. I am staying with the chiropractor who feels I hurt ribs coughing so hard with Covid, and perhaps strained something when weeding. My health care provider basically said it takes awhile. I feel the same as yesterday, but yesterday was much better than the day before. It’s definitely not a straight line healing.

Good afternoon all.

@Pea-n-Me - I reread a few pages. I didn't know your husband was a professional baker. My grandfather and a couple of his brothers all owned bakeries. One of my cousins is a third-generation baker and he always uses my grandfather's bakery as the one he descended from. Annoys my mom to no end. I love to bake but I am not that good. My one brother should have followed in his footsteps. I did tell my mom when she dies I want the cake pan she uses, it was her fathers. I have such great memories of him and the bakery.

@frog3101 - I am so sorry your oldest had to go through that and her father is so insensitive to his kids feelings. I agree when she gets that upset a visit to Urgent Care might be warranted. Sounds like she had a full blown anxiety attack. Hope the week goes quickly for you all.

@Snowysmom - When in October are you going to Disney? I booked an impromptu trip a few weeks ago at my husband's insistence. I'll be there from the 15th of October til the 21st. I have no dining plans but am debating the Halloween Party. He wants me to do it but it is expensive at I think $160 or $180 that week. Still debating that one. I loved Tusker House the couple of times we ate there.

Well the shoe saga may be nearing an end. My husband was recasted today and the shoes should be in about a month from now. I don't think they were happy to do it but they will be less happy once this drama is over and I file a complaint. The way he was treated is just wrong.

A friend of mine has a gentleman friend who happens to be an officer in our Fire Department. He is going to look at the report from my daughter's accident last week and let me know what it says. As I told my friend I want clarification why they were told to just go to Urgent Care when my grandson was clearly complaining of neck pain as was my daughter. I don't care if they were out of the car, they still could have had more serious injuries, especially an 8 year old.

Dinner tonight was just tossed salad with Chicken salad, tomatoes and cucumbers. Light and filling. Dessert will be some of the cantaloupe and Casaba melon I got in Lancaster yesterday. They were only $1 a piece and the cantaloupes were HUGE!!!

Hope everyone has a great night.

Extra 🙏and 🕊️from me, too. Snowysmom!

Lynn, I'm so glad the handyman 🚪 will be coming. Enjoy your dinner.

:hug:Boobiwoz and much prayer for your back. I remember years ago having a horrible cough that seemed to last forever. I remember thinking I had strained or did something to a rib. Thank God, I was fine, and the cough eventually subsided. No fun at all. For me, cough drops didn't do much other than taste terrible. What helped coat my throat a little bit and tasted good, too, were Werther's Originals Dollar Tree sells a small bag of them, or used to anyway, pre plague. I would gather they still do now. Feel better, my friend.
Big :grouphug:Taz all-around. Much prayer for an end to the shoe saga and good for you:cheer2:for talking with your Fire Department Friend. How your family was treated was plain wrong all-around!

Have a good evening everyone🌼

Handyman just left. Storm door is in and looks nice. Shooting for Thursday for the front doors to both go in, and next week for gutters. Then all he has to do is cut the plywood for the shed ramp and I will be all set.
Have a nice nite,,I am ready for a snack and bed very shortly

:grouphug: Glad to hear it, Lynn, get some good rest!

To give all of you a good night smile, here is a picture of Sue's 99th birthday cake. They look tasty, don't they? Dad said he wanted a piece, lol. I know they are backwards. The only thing that matters is the love and care that Ruth put into baking them! I heard Sue loved them. I haven't spoken with either of them yet tonight though.

I also attached a picture of the bigger bowl I have in mind to one day order dad along with a wreath I found. I would replace the DAD inside the heart with DAD inside the wreath. Would it be possible for any of you that are techy to place the wreath on a white background to get rid of the lines and glare? Or could any of you find a similar real looking wreath? Then I could ask Tracie from Youcustomizeit to put it on the bowl. I would like to see how the wreath would look with DAD spelled out in all green or DAD in red, green, red, and green, red, green. That is step two. I appreciate it and all of you, forever! :)

Sweet Dreams with love to all of dear you.

Attachments

• Sue's Cakes.jpg
    Sue's Cakes.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 1
  • Dad Bowl.jpg
    Dad Bowl.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Wreath.jpg
    Wreath.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Good morning.

Woke up too early. I think I am anxious and excited for our trip.

Today is laundry and packing day. We will leave tomorrow about 9 to get to the auto train. DD's in-laws are also taking the train, for the first time, and plan to leave home at 10:30. I told them when we were leaving because there can always be a backup on 95. DD says they do what they want. At least I told them.

Tonight's dinner is the traditional "night before vacation" pizza.

I did get a Tusker House reservation for our trip in Oct.
Great! I am looking forward to ours on Saturday.
It’s definitely not a straight line healing.
Very true. I always told my patients that their recovery looked like this
1660731640707.png
not a straight line.

@TazDev I will be at Disney Oct 15-22. Maybe we can meet at some point. We will be at the Poly.

@bobbiwoz Hope you back feels better soon.

It is a gray cloudy morning with rain expected. I have to go to my new office today to pick up checks after work. We can't work there yet because no wifi yet. At least I can visit with the lovely woman who manages the mail room.

Off to work at home for now. And to get more coffee.

Have a good day.

Good morning.

Expecting rain here today but the sky looked so blue when I walked the dog who knows.

@Breezy_Carol - Have fun on your vacation. I hate this time of year in Florida but unfortunately, I may be there next year. My granddaughter has now decided her trip, promised for straight A's through 8th grade, must be on vacation. She can NOT miss any school time.

@Snowysmom - I would love to meet at some point over the week. I'll be at POP but we have time to plan a place to meet.

Not much on my schedule as I am having some real knee pain today. I know I need to get it looked at but I can't do surgery because I need to take care of my husband and I don't want to inconvenience my kids. I am a HUGE chicken when it comes to needles and shots. I am terrified of the thought of a cortisone injection because A) it is a needle and B) I have heard horror stories about how much they hurt. I am very careful and only take an Aleve if absolutely necessary. So far I have managed on 1 a week and taking it really easy.

Hope you all have a great day

Good Wednesday AM to all Quackers,

@bobbiwoz Back pain is no joke, I hope you are feeling better soon.

@Breezy_Carol I hope you have a wonderful trip. Hoping we will get a little trip report after you return.

@flyingdumbo127 How fun are those cakes? So glad to hear they were a success.

@lynxstch glad to hear the doors and such are coming along. I just picked up paint and floor samples yesterday. Going to spruce up my kitchen a bit. My friend does that type of thing to relax...whatever floats her boat. I'm grateful beyond words she is going to come at some point and help me get it done. I am an awful painter.

@footballmouse CONGRATS on the pending arrival of your granddaughter. princess:

@Snowysmom Bummer on all the computer issues. Technology is great...until it isn't.

I don't have much to report. My daughter is having rough time at her dads. I can only keep telling her I love her and she is strong. I have only heard from my other son once via text. I sent him another one last night and he did not reply. Have not heard from the younger two. They don't have their own phones so have to use their dads phone to call me. I can call them of course if I want, but he'd be a jerk to me. That is something we will have to get figured out in the final decree, how communication with the younger two will work.

I definitely will consider taking my daughter in to the ER or emergency counseling/psych eval if there is a next time...let's pray there isn't. I guess he told her last night to make sure she takes all she wants because she doesn't have to come back next time. I'm not exactly sure what he meant by that and I didn't ask her for details. I will ask her more when I see her.

He is still on her case about the bank stuff.

I guess his girlfriend has been telling people she now lives in "name of town" where my sooner to be former husband lives. So, officially moved in. Considering he told everyone that he didn't even start to date until I moved out (June 4th) that was a pretty quick turn around. Everyone knows it's a lie and that their relationship has been years the making. I do feel for her husband because I guess he just really did find out. And, I feel awful for her son. Please say a prayer for them.

I don't know much else. Take care all.

Good Wednesday morning everyone! :sunny:

Same weather as yesterday, low humidity and in the low 80's. I turned my air back on last night, I couldn't take another restless night again 😵‍💫. I was so tired last night, I was in bed and asleep by 9:00.😴

Not much going on yesterday. I stopped at my sister's house to drop a couple of things off for her vacation this morning. I meant to text her when I got to work to see if her flight was on time but I forgot.✈️

I let my notary commission expire last year so I had to take the course and test again. I failed the stupid test 🤬! Everything is online now so I don't have a book to study from, I just had to watch videos and print out the study guide which only include bullet points. Now I have to wait 30 days to take it again. I'm so mad at myself 😡.

Didn't take the dogs for a walk yesterday so I'll do that today after work.🐶:dog:

I did get a Tusker House reservation for our trip in Oct. It was the day and time I wanted.
Congrats on this accomplishment 👏. I've been reading how hard it is to get the reservations that you want. This is one of the restaurants I'd like to try.

Well my boss just arrived so I guess I should get to work. Have a great day! pooh:

A quick hello 🐥 we have a funeral to go to this morning (a friend’s parent). Went out last night and had a nice dinner after the wake, we were dressed up (a little) so we went somewhere nice and had a really good time. DD and I got two martinis (!) they were so good, so we were feeling no pain and had some laughs. DH doesn’t really drink so he’s happy to drive. And he’s fun anyway so it’s like he had a couple of drinks, too. Wasn’t super hungry so got the antipasti with shrimp (and tuna), and a soup, and I really enjoyed it. (Took half home, as usual.)

2FE45679-0759-49C5-8A11-0A137C7781A3.jpeg

57B803E2-6AEE-451B-BF0B-2326D7507AAA.jpeg

@TazDev I remember you saying that about your family and the bakeries. That’s how DH got his start, too, in his family’s bakery. (FIL a baker, too.) As an adult he decided to go to culinary school to get that slip of paper in Baking and Pastry Arts so he could get the types of jobs he was looking for which were to research and develop new products for large companies and that was required, so he did. He pretty much wound up doing a lot of the teaching in school when even his instructors would ask him to show them and the class how to make certain things (which he could do with his eyes closed practically after doing them for so long; you know what I mean, I’m sure). The chocolate and sugar artistry and that sort of thing was new to him, and he enjoyed it, there is definitely a talent to doing it. He’s been teaching DD since she was little and she is talented, as well, at one point was selling her wares when she was in HS, but these days she doesn’t have time anymore. People really like when she brings things she makes places, though!

Sending prayers and good vibes out to all. Exciting for the trip, Carol! Have a great time! Hope anyone who’s hurting is feeling better today. :grouphug:

Nothing new here. I'm not going to the Outer Banks with my DD tomorrow. I just don't wanna go! Maybe next time.

Lawn still needs some work as does my patio. So hope it stays nice today. Also have to pick up cat and dog food.
My back pain is still quite strong.
Sorry for that. I have what I'll call a defective back so it's always a second away from pain. For the most part it's manageable.
Handyman just left. Storm door is in and looks nice.
Yayyy!
here is a picture of Sue's 99th birthday cake
I probably wouldn't have even noted they were upside down. Glad she enjoyed her day.
We will leave tomorrow about 9 to get to the auto train. DD's in-laws are also taking the train, for the first time, and plan to leave home at 10:30. I told them when we were leaving because there can always be a backup on 95.
I've never taken the auto train, but I've planned it many times. I have a supply of Amtrak points to cover it and my car, so for sure, if I'm ever in Florida and can't drive back, I'm at least ready.
I am a HUGE chicken when it comes to needles and shots. I am terrified of the thought of a cortisone injection because A) it is a needle and B) I have heard horror stories about how much they hurt.
Me too! Don't/ can't look when they draw blood. When a needle is needed I steel up and do my best. Funny thing, when I was having my arm/elbow pain earlier this year, I got to the point of wishing for relief so badly I let the doc give me the cortisone shot in my elbow. It wasn't fun but it started giving me relief instantly and it combined with the Voltaren allowed the inflammation to go away and I'm now fine. (Not saying your knee would react the same way, as I know a lot of people who suffer with their knees and usually it's surgery to get them fixed.)
Hope it gets better soon.
So, officially moved in.
What a prince of a man. Not.
I'm so mad at myself
You will do fine next time around.
We got all that we wanted except Sci Fi. That was impossible. Did also get Cinderella’s Royal Table but had to get 2 groups of four.
Used to be able to walk up on Sci Fi. I liked it okay but other than the salad at Brown Derby, there is little food I crave at DHS. I used to walk up to the outside bar seating and order a Cobb Salad and a glass of white wine, people watch, and chill. Usually preceded with a ride on Buzz and Great Movie Ride. Those days seem to have moved on. I'd be staying at BWV, so walk or take the boat over on my annual pass (which I still have a couple of vouchers in my MDE) and that would be my morning park. Then later, either dinner in Epcot or offsite somewhere.

When the kids were younger we would do the DVC dining plan and things were of course different.

I'm still mad at Disney for changing Tusker House. I loved it as a quick service. I also liked getting a cinnamon bun there in the mornings. Have never been to the meal they have now. Maybe I'll give it a try some trip.

On one of last visits I tried to do walk up at the Castle. Just me. I was solo that trip. I could have gone in as a single. But, when they told me $69 for breakfast and probably tip, I decided no. Before the changes I'd been there 4 or 5 times so NBD.
no rain in sight
good. we are saturated here.
ts market and errand day
Yup. Gotta get dressed. I'm sitting here with wet hair from my shower.

I am goofing off. I figured no point in starting to pack until laundry is done. I have watered the outside plants. I can't ask anyone to water them while gone because we turn the water off in the house.

have a Dole Whip for us!
DH probably will but they aren't my favorite.
We had pretty good luck as walk-ups in a few places,
How does that work? We want to do lunch. Would we walk up when we want to eat, of go early and get a reservation?

Have not heard from the younger two. They don't have their own phones so have to use their dads phone to call me. I can call them of course if I want, but he'd be a jerk to me. That is something we will have to get figured out in the final decree, how communication with the younger two will work.
Some friends of mine divorced when their kids were six. What they did was put in a house phone that the kids could use to call the other parent when they wanted.

I am goofing off. I figured no point in starting to pack until laundry is done. I have watered the outside plants. I can't ask anyone to water them while gone because we turn the water off in the house.

DH probably will but they aren't my favorite.

How does that work? We want to do lunch. Would we walk up when we want to eat, of go early and get a reservation?
Yes walk up before it opens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts