Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

:hug:I'm glad, PollyannaMom all went at the eye doctor. One day post pandemic, I'll need to get an updated eye exam, too. I'm nearsighted and wear glasses for driving.

Yay for a good puppy report, Easyas🐶 Hugs, trying on any type of pants can be a pain! Although for me, sometimes, tops are more of an issue because I am tall and need (for a long sleeve top) the sleeves to be extra in length to allow for shrinkage. I also am particular about a top not pulling at my shoulders. :hug: I hope you find some nice new clothes, my friend.

Feel better, Kirby and Lou Lou, too :grouphug:

Waving hi and wishing all of you a good rest of the afternoon.

Happy Tuesday morning! :chat:

Nothing special going on today. Jacob (ds2) stopped over after work yesterday to grab some clothes that he left in the closet when he moved out. Of course he had to play with the dogs for awhile. Survived getting my tattoo, I thought it was going to be a little bigger so I'm not all that thrilled about it, maybe I'll like it more once it heals.

Nothing else going on so hope everyone has a good day. :wave:

Good Tuesday morning all. Bright and sunny, got down to 43 last nite, will be 70 today. Have to do a load of laundry, and change the furnace filter, and clean litterboxes, those are my goals for the day, lol. Stepdaughter is going to come over tomorrow morning and take all the trash down to the street for me and do a couple of little things too. SIL is going to do my shopping again, but its not a big list. Today they are making a dinner for a church family who just had a new baby, so that's nice of them.

Such pretty color roses @PollyannaMom!
@footballmouse--you don't have to post a pic, but can you share what kind of tattoo you got? (disney, maybe? lol!)

Have a nice day all

R.png

Good morning all....its been cold the last day or so. Everything was icy when I let the dogs out this morning. Sort of surprising to already be this cold since last year at this time it was HOT. I remember going with my sister and niece to a Halloween event at Knotts Berry Farm and sweating my booty off all night. :crazy2: :laughing: DH was home for a little while yesterday and made our first fire of the year, it was really nice. I didn't keep it up after he left but it felt good while he was here. LOL

DD had her first day at her new job yesterday and she's feeling a little overwhelmed, she went from an office with at most 3 people working at one time to an very large corporate office with many employees. I'm hoping she feels better today.

One of our pooches went to the vet yesterday, he got two injections while we were there and I ended up having to take him back in almost as soon as we got home because he barfed after drinking some water. Vet said not a normal reaction to the injections he received so he wanted to check him out again, he seemed fine so I just need to keep an eye on him. He got medication and I'm so paranoid to give it to him after his health scare earlier this year. We have to go back in 2 weeks to go over some test results and see if the meds and injections have helped him.

Today I should do something but I'm just so....blah...I don't know. :confused3 I ended up renewing my subscription to the streaming service that shows Hallmark movies so maybe I'll binge some of those too make myself feel better. LOL

Hope you all have a good day. :grouphug:

No temperature for Lou Lou and me today so far. We both feel sort of lousy though. Have to push through though. Bank deposits to make, quarterly reports and sales tax to be mailed. Clothes to wash and basic office stuff to do. I've done most of it so far, that's why you see me on here. Trying to get up the urge to get back to work. I did take a Covid home test and it came up negative.

I've been shell shocked for the past couple of days, didn't know if I would say anything to you guys or not. I told you several months ago that DD's ex and his wife made some serious allegations against DD and my DH saying that they were abusing the GK's and that DD was medically neglecting them. He is using those allegations for trying to get full custody of the kids. It hasn't gone to court yet. The ex's attorney tried to get a hearing for yesterday but did not give the courts here enough time to schedule a hearing so no court time. We know that once the court process begins, CPS will pay us a visit. Well, it seems that the ex is tired of waiting (the ball's in his court so I don't know what the hold up is) and he either called CPS on Friday or had someone do it for him. We got a visit Friday night, was quite a shock. Was a shock to DD's attorney also. The lady was very nice and spent almost three hours with us. Some information was left out of the report she was given, she was expecting Lil Joe to be with us but he was with his dad last weekend. I think that by the time she left she realized that there was something amiss with the report but, of course, she could not tell us anything except that she would be calling the ex the next day to physically see Lil Joe. People are assuring us that the kids will not be taken away from DD but stranger things have happened. I just keep praying for good to come out of this situation. I know that my DH and DD are not abusers, they are good people. So, if you would, would you keep this situation in your prayers?

:hug:AuntieMe3 and always prayers for you, my friend along with your daughter and dog, too. it has been cooler here, too. In fact, according to my phone on Monday it may rain be less than 60! Cold. I am glad you had some time at home with your DH. i hope his traveling schedule will settle down some. Enjoy Hallmark! I'm looking forward to Christmas movies starting on Friday.

:grouphug: to you and big prayers indeed, Kirby. We care and are here, my friend. I'm so sorry for all of it especially for Lil Joe.

Good Wednesday morning everyone! :sunny:

Should be a beautiful day in my part of town. Hopefully I'll remember to water my mums when I get home.

I took the bandage off of my tattoo this morning so I figured I would get a picture before it starts to scab.

Nothing much going on today. I have a work meeting late in the day that I have to be at. Not happy at all, usually I get off work at 3:30 and the stupid meeting starts at 3:30. I just like having that extra time when I get home from work to chill before I start dinner and feeding the animals. I'll be lucky to get home by 5:00 and by the time I make dinner, eat and clean up it will probably be 7:00 :headache:. Oh well, bright side is that Survivor is on tonight! :cool1:

Making some salmon tonight for dinner. I made this last week and it didn't come with seasoning like the last pack that I bought so it was up to me to add some flair to it. Wrong person to add flair :scared:. I did the best I could and Mitchell said it was okay but liked the other ones better. Guess I'll be looking for the seasoned salmon at the store for now on.

Have a great day! :flower:

Good morning all. Cool 43 out now going to mid 70's. Just waiting for stepdaughter to come and drag the trash down for me. SIL doing my shopping later. I feel awful about having them do this stuff, but like stepdaughter says, I have been trying to do everything for everyone, and now that my back is bothering me I can't, and it's frustrating the heck out of me.
Didn't sleep well on top of it, will try and get a nap in later

@footballmouse..love the tattoo and the 'homage' to Mickey in it!

Have a nice morning all

b4accbc8ba9fff442bfda84b88b426f2--happy-wednesday-minnie-mouse.jpg

Good morning everyone. Going to be a mild day here in the low 70's. The nights are getting cooler though.

We had a shooting by where my parents live and at the high school I attended many years ago. An innocent bystander was shot and killed as he drove by as well as a student at the school. The man killed graduated from that school the same year I did. I vaguely knew who he was. There were over 800 students in my class. My mom won't let my dad walk over there anymore while school is in session. I am so glad my grandson graduated a few years ago.

Anthony got in trouble yesterday which is so unlike him. He is a Straight A student, quiet and polite. The principal was shocked but I have mixed emotions. A classmate made some very mean remarks about Anthony's - insert bad racial term here - cousin. Anthony said something back and the boy punched Anthony. Anthony, very uncharacteristically, punched him back. I don't condone what Anthony said but I am very proud of him for sticking up for LJ and against racism. We all told him next time do not bring the boys family into it, just tell him he is a racist moron.

@Kirby - hugs. That is horrible that a complaint like that was allged. I totally get the CPS fear though. 4 years ago I got a panicked call from my daughter that DHS (our CPS) had left a note on her door they were going to be back after they were called, but no one was home. Mikey evidently made a stupid comment in school to the counselor because he was in trouble for a picture he drew. He watched a lot of video games and he drew a scene from one of them but it depicted something banned. My grandson got all upset and asked them not to call his parents - it's the day of the beatings. My daughter and SIL have NEVER hit those kids. Of course the counselor, who if you added 1 to her IQ would give her an IQ, called DHS. Mikey is autistic and she knew that. She also knew that Mikey says some goofy things at times when he is nervous so they need to be verified, easily done by asking his sisters who also attended the school. After an interview with DHS they were cleared. It was scary at the time and right before we were leaving on a HUGE trip to Disney.

Not much on the agenda today. My husband has an appointment with the foot doctor for his routine diabetic foot check. Going shopping with my mom later today. Getting a jump on Christmas shopping.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Good morning one & all, hope everyone had a nice Tuesday (it is Wednesday, right?!) Last nights dinner ended up being a burger & fries for my husband and a handful of crackers for me. I had a late lunch, not that hungry. Today is my husbands 50th b'day, so I'll make a nice dinner for him tonight. He says he didn't feel like going out for dinner tonight - we aren't into big to-do's over b'days to be honest. We do have our annual mid-winter few nights at WDW in early Feb. and a trip to Austria at the end of March to look forward to.
I'm getting both my flu & covid booster tomorrow at same time. Hoping that I feel okay - this will only be my second flu shot ever, and I felt just fine last year after getting it. And as for the covid vaccine, I felt just fine after both the first & second one, so fingers crossed nothing different happens this time! I'm sure I'll feel fine-
Dogs are still feeling a bit off kilter, although they are starting to bounce back. They still sound terrible but they physically are starting to be more active like their usual selves.

No temperature for Lou Lou and me today so far. We both feel sort of lousy though

Sorry you are still feeling lousy, hopefully the lack of fever is a sign you are on the mend.

So, if you would, would you keep this situation in your prayers?

Absolutely! Makes you wonder if some of these adults in these situations will ever look back and see the harm they are doing not to the ex, but rather to the child(ren). It's terribly he is doing this to his two kids.

I took the bandage off of my tattoo this morning so I figured I would get a picture

cute!

Survivor is on tonight

I really enjoy Survivor, but I must admit I had to give up on it this season. Not for any reason other than I just don't have the time to keep up with it. I deleted it from my DVR without watching one episode I'm sorry to say. I'm sure I would have loved it if I had made the time!

just tell him he is a racist moron.

Quite right!

Welp, back to the rest of my day. Have a good afternoon everyone -

Hug, footballmouse, downtime after a busy day especially at work is a blessing to enjoy indeed. I’m sorry you have a late meeting.

Not a tattoo person but am glad you are enjoying yours, my friend :)

Hug, Lynn, it isn’t always easy at all to step back and allow someone else to help you. That said, you know ITA with your Stepdaughter, because you are dear to me! I am so grateful you do have kind and consistent help!

Oh Taz, that is just awful :( Prayers for the family of the man shot and of course the community and all affected in general. Prayers also for Anthony and the other boy! Yikes that was a scare with Mikey all right! I hope you enjoy a more peaceful day today!

Happy Birthday to your DH, Easyas. Prayers all goes well with your booster!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

@lynxstch Hope your back feels better soon. It is nice that you have family to help you out. She is right, you do alot and now when you need help they are there for you.

Getting through each day one minute at a time. I do sometimes think out years, get scared, and then try to get back to the present. I have gone to the house myself a few days and stayed a couple of hours until I had to leave when it got to be too much. At least I am getting some cleaning done. I wish I could stay there but it is too hard. The kids tell me that it doesn't matter whether I can or I can't. Do I sell the house where Chris and I lived or do I get something smaller and easier to care for like a condo. I am not sure what Chris would say. He needs to tell me in his own way. He needs to guide me. Now if he could get social security to call me back I would be very appreciative. I called twice, both times told someone would call me back for an appointment within a certain time frame. No calls so far. The offices are not open and what I need to do can only be done on the phone. I am trying to figure out my finances for the next several months and I really need this part of the equation.

I talked with my manager today. Work is being very supportive. I am tentatively going back at the end of Nov and for 30 hours a week for a while. I can get all my work done in that time frame, just not helping out the other group. He said that is not a problem. He did ask if people could text or email for any questions on my tasks and I told him fine. I know no one will do that unless absolutely necessary.

Have a nice Wednesday.

Good morning my dear friends. At least it is still morning here for another hour.
After spending all the time needed to get record books done most of it making sure that the project books were done especially 16 year old's cat book and now 14 year old's microwave cooking and photography books were done. The photography book included making sure a lot of pictures were glued onto sheets of paper and any labeling was done. For example one of the assignments was to take a picture of the subject light from the top, front, back, and side, another one was to tell a story using 5-10 photos, and yet another one to take 4 of your best photos throughout the year
and using a scale rate them.
Things are starting up with the new club that I will be the main leader for though things are not going as orginally planned. A short time line. April 2021 16 year old's bestie and family which included cousins were going to switch-club would have had a total of 9 kids including those in the junior program for younger kids. May Besties Aunt donated materials to the old club for part in a county wide project that all clubs were participating in after it was a reminder was given to keep the budget in mind when selecting how much and variety of the materials needed to use. Aunt is now getting gold status from the main leader of that club so doesn't want to switch the cousins. Bestie's family is still planning on switching. July the grandmother gets involved and says that none of them are switching clubs, Bestie and family assure me that grandma does not have control over their family but the parents do and they will be switching clubs. September parent of Bestie who was going to be my co main leader has to drop out of that due to work situation but I meet with those I need to in our county to get things started even though we are short one family required we have enough kids that we are given the go ahead to start filling out some basic paperwork and will be given a chance. October I talk with a family who has been in the program before in fact they were in the club with my girls and me before that club was going to start requring that everyone take a certain project but then transfered to a different club than we had as they had friends in that club who later moved and the rest was not a good fit so they had taken a year off. This family decided to join so now we have 3 families. 2 days before the scheduled first meeting all of us were at another function together not related to this program so I was able to confirm with everyone that they could be there. Day of the first meeting (which according to the schedule the club we were leaving along with Bestie's family was supposed to meet) I get notification that everyone in Bestie's family is sick so they will not be there-ok see you next month then and some of the decisions can be made at that time. During that next week I get a phone call from someone new who is interested in joining though due to illness it is decided to wait until everyone is better to meet up with them and give them some more information. One child in this family will for sure be joining and possibly more. Day prior to one week after our first meeting I am included in a group text from the old club that they are meeting the next day. Bestie's aunt confirms numbers that include Bestie and family on who will be there. I alert Bestie to the situation, get a message back that Bestie's family will not be switching to the new club. A lot of changes are going to need to be made including what kids can tenatively handle some offices especially if we do not get any more interest before our November meeting. I put a text into the other family who is switching but from a different club asking that the mom give me a quick call if she can. Meanwhile DH calls from work on his break so I fill him in a bit on what is going on and tell him that 16 year old is not going to be happy and will want to drop out. I say that the deal was when she left another youth organization that she would remain in this program as well as in programs through the church-which has not been done so no she will not be dropping. I get off the phone and see a message that the other family's mom will call me shortly but can only talk for a short while. As I am reading the message my phone rings so we talk for a short time and tenatively figure some stuff out especially about what kids can handle some offices. One office has to by overall organization regulations be filled by someone who is over a certain age and now 16 year old is the only one old enough to take that office which is going to be combined with another office. The mom and I agree that it would not be fair for someone totally new to the program to hold a certain office but that one of her kids though young can handle that office. So now all the kids that we have so far unless we get some new people between now and the November meeting are going to have an office with the exception of the one in the junior program which can not hold an office. That one will technically be helping with one of the offices as a tag along. The offices that now 14 year old and one other kid will be holding will not require much during the meeting but more outside so that an adult can assist more. One of these offices involves keeping the club memories and momentos in a scrapbook and the other writing articles to the local media about different events especially those that the public are invited. Everything basically figured out we end our call and I decide to get over breaking the news to 16 year old who does state the reason I agreed to stay in without complaining is I was going to be with Bestie. I remind her what the deal was when she dropped the other program and how techically she has not met the whole deal to which I get a your right and a very sudden attitude change though I did get a bit of snark when I reminded her to not let the sitution affect her friendship with Bestie. The next day and day that the club we are leaving was meeting it suddenly dawns on me that while Bestie is old enough not to need watching there are younger kids who need to be watched and with doing own schooling Bestie can not due it while the parent of Bestie is working nor a friend that is temporarily living with them who was going to be the transportation when the parent could not. The grandma is the one who is watching the younger ones though Bestie is expected to help with all the kids who need watching. I don't think it will every be told as even Bestie is not being told the exact reasons why the change but I would say chances are good that there was a if you do this which I don't agree with than I am no longer going to watch the kids while you are working. I have witnessed a parent of any of the kids saying to do one thing and the grandma saying well I say this and then doing it with the exception of Bestie who refuses or who says let me check on that with my parent and see if I can change what I was told to do or not.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter