Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning all. 65 degrees, going to 83. They chance of strong storms today and tomorrow. Makes me wish I had cut the lawn yesterday, but I was so tired by the time it dried out after dinner, I just let it wait. So if it waits till Tuesday, I will just lower the blades a notch and cut it then.

No plans for the day. I got so much done yesterday that I am ahead of myself, lol!

Off to fix some breakfast..maybe blueberry waffles~~

Have a great Sunday

d67cfa86aec0f00c4d6ce146e1d616c7.jpg

Mona There was the solar eclipse in Aug 2017. Chris always wanted to see a total solar eclipse. We booked an eclipse tour which took us to Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks. We saw the eclipse in Wyoming, just 10 miles north of Jackson Hole. It was an amazing experience with totality for almost 2 and half minutes. I am so glad Chris got his bucket list wish. We don't have anything like Longwood Gardens near where I will be living. Older DS has a nice place near him. They go there occasionally.

@Pea-n-Me So scary to see such a bad accident.

Today is recital day for older DGD and birthday for DGS. Off to walk early before it rains and before I have to do my lovely ride down 495 and route 3.

I don't envy you that drive. My son went to school in Boston at 18, 20 years ago, and I still remember trying to get from Boston to the Cape on rt 3. We use to mostly stay at the Westin and the Sheraton in Copley Square and would leave from there towards Plymouth and on to Hyannis to visit my good friend. The 3 part south of Braintree was okay. It was the part before that. I may actually be talking about 93 to 3 as it's been a long time. I would love to go back up there soon but each year I say that and we end up not going. Maybe someday.

DD brought the grands and spent the afternoon and evening. We picked up Ledo's Pizza and had an easy dinner. The kids played outside until it really started to pour and then we were on the patio under the gazebo. I had been cleaning the patio when they arrived so the stones were wet. They soon got tired of that and took some seed to feed the birds in the rain. They were fascinated that the birds didn't mind eating seeds while raining. Then they got bored and ran through the drops inside. I stayed out a few minutes longer to put covers back on my chairs and got caught in a heavier downpour until it let up a bit. I still got wet getting back in. Would have stayed out but my company was inside.

DD gave up the idea of driving to CT in June when I pointed out the hotel she picked - a Hilton was on the water but didn't have a pool. In June I think the water would be colder than we would want to get into.

At Ocean City, all the hotels we stay at have pools, so the girls play a bit by the ocean but swim in the pools.

So now she wants to go to Virginia Beach. I said okay as we won't have to drive by NYC - that's a plus for us for sure. She and the girls will go with me to OC in mid June and less than 2 weeks later to Va Beach. Then she goes to Alaska cruise with her Dad and I will probably keep the girls. 3rd week in July, back to the beach. I'm not sure of her cruise dates, just know it's Holland America.

Memorial Day and July 4th will be at home. August and September have no plans yet. School starts so slow down happens.

And son in law is working elsewhere. That's okay as he's making money moonlighting a weekend job. I'll just have to wait but he will get to me when he can. The rain probably delayed his job yesterday. Plus he's all the way in Hagerstown so a bit of a drive.

Happy Sunday friends.

It's already a lovely 72 here. Such a blessing indeed. Dad went off to the Dollar Tree to get us more of their Aquarelle Wipes among other things. We use the wipes to clean everything he brings home. We know that's not necessarily needed to still do but it doesn't take very long and makes us both feel safer. Plus, always good to know anything brought in from a store has been wiped down. There's a smaller local supermarket right by the Dollar Tree he's going to called Jon's. This week they have advertised 3, 24 packs of Sparkletts water for $8! We get Sparkletts delivered but prefer Aquafina bottled water. But for that price we will happily take the Sparkletts. I will soon be "off" to watching online worship :)

:grouphug:Snowysmom and I'm so glad Chris and you got to see the eclipse together. Happy Birthday to your DGS and congratulations to your DGD!

Hug, Lynn, the lawn can wait. YOU taking care and resting can't! :)

I am truly happy you got to enjoy your grandkids yesterday, Judique and have a trip planned as well.

I did DVR Love at Harbor Island yesterday. We'll check it out later. Not much else to share for now. Wishing all of dear you a good day. I'll stop by later.

Been to church and back home.

Good thoughts for DD today. She and her DH are looking at a house in their neighborhood. They are currently in a 3 bedroom duplex and need more room. Also, the house is on a road that is a cut through so cars go too fast and she worries about the kids. This house is less than a half mile away, single family 4 bedroom colonial, on a cul-de-sac. It listed Friday, there is an open house today, the owner will look at the bids tomorrow and decide. Sounds like your situation @Snowysmom. And they know it will go above listing price. So fingers crossed they like it and can make an acceptable offer. I know this kind of fast decision really makes DD anxious.

Good Sunday morning to all Quackers. It's cloudy and overcast today. Cooler temps, which I am all about. I'm not sure if I've stated it before but, I do NOT like hot. ICK. Once it breaches 80 and the humidity kicks in, I am done.
It has been kind of a lazy day. I need to get motivated. Once I know more about where I'll be living this summer (well permantely) I am going to start looking for a new church. I am so sad as the church I attend now is the church I grew up in and have attended for most of my life with the exception of about 6 years. I just can't connect with the pastor and I need a place that offers a bit more for youth. We shall see. The town I'm most likely moving to (my hometown which is really just 5 miles from where I live now) is SMALL and the churches are drying up, so to speak. I really want to support what is there and not have to drive out of town, but the options are hard. I may also look into online options. I have a dear friend who has been doing online services for almost a year now and loves it. Mona, I know you too are enjoying that right now through Carol's church.
My son's new puppy is so cute, but man puppies are a lot of work and the chewing is about ready to make me nuts.
My attorney contacted me and my husband and I have an initial mediation appointment set for June 8th. It just all keeps getting more real. I also have signed up for mandatory class that parents must take in order for divorces to proceed. It's not until the 16th of June. I'm pretty sure I'll cry all the way through it. A friend of mine said when she took it she too was a mess, but that the girl in front of her was someone she went to school with. That girl had cheated on her husband and the man she had cheated with and the girl were taking the class together. Ick.
I have a meeting Wednesday with my attorney to go over the financial stuff and she will let me know more about what to expect from the mediation. It will be via Zoom so at least I don't have to sit in the same room as him. I break down in tears every time I have to be around him . It's just really hard to look at him.
Anyway, my kids have 10 days of school left before summer break. My oldest really only has 5 as the last week they do a "May term" and it's more of fun stuff. They all get to choose from a list of "classes" they'd like to do. They are varied, everything from running a coffee business for the week, to digging into animal direction and the sciences. My daughter isn't sure which one she got in. They have to pick their top 3 and then are assigned based on what grade they are in and how many others that are older have also signed up. She is hoping to get into the animal direction one, followed by the coffee one and then I'm not sure what her 3rd choice is.
I don't feel like I have lost weight, but I did step on the scale the other day and it says I am down a few pounds. Something good needs to come out of this mess.
I've been tossing around the idea of selling cupcakes and basic cakes out of my house, kind of as a side gig while I find a "real" job and just to get my toes back into doing something outside of the house and the stuff I did to help my husband with his work. I'm not a great baker, but I do love to try (cooking is another story) so figure it can't hurt to experiement a bit and see what happens. In my state you do not have to have a lic. to sell baked goods from your home as long as you don't exceed a certain amount of income each year.
I had a lot of people I wanted to reply to but for now I just want to say thanks to all for being so supportive to someone you don't really even "know" and that I also am praying and sending good thoughts to everyone who is in the middle of a mess. It sadly seems there are many in our little Quacker bunch that are dealing with super difficult situations.
I ordered myself a new planner yesterday (I am a writer/journal by nature) and I love a "real" planner that I can write in and make lists in and then use as
sort of diary of the year. Anyway, the front says Start Fresh and under that it says...Sometimes you must forget what you feel and remember what you deserve. That is SO hard for me in normal times, but esp now. My emotions run my life and while I now emotions are valid and I need to express them, sometimes I need to "reign" them in and look at things more logically. I feel right now the emotions have taken the logic hostage and the emotions don't negotiate. But every once in awhile I do realize I deserve someone who loves me for me and that my goals and aspirations are just as important as anyone else's.
Ok, enough rambling. Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday.

The grass dried up by 11..I started mowing and finished at 12:20 (going to take a LOT less time with a riding mower, lol!) and 10 min later it started thindering. We have had one downpour after another, 2 of them with the sun still out. Saw a tiny little rainbow. I am bummed that it will be so cloudy tonite, that we won't get to see the Blood Moon, I have seen a couple of solar eclipses, but never a lunar one. If anyone sees it and can take a picture of it and post it on this thread, I would be so appreciative.
Mr L is watching Naked and Afraid..again..I cannot stand that show. So I am just killing time and online shopping. I already have the entire dvd set of the rebooted Hawaii 5-O, for the Alex O'Loughline eye candy..and I just bought the 3 Rivers series that he starred in. Somehow I missed that one, and can't wait to get it this week.
I made a batch of potato salad this morning, and made pasta salad Thursday, so we are going to have an indoor picnic with the salads, and I will cook up a big polish sausage to go with it. I can't wait for better weather to start grilling outside again..have had too much rain, and I don't have any place to put the grill under, unless I put it inside the shed, and that's not really safe

@frog3101 --Like we kept telling Snowysmom..take 1 step at a time, 1 day at a time. I am glad you are getting all your 'ducks in a row'. I never heard of anyone having to take a parenting divorce class..just sounds weird to me? We are all wishing you luck,,knowing that this is going to be a very difficult and trying experience to go through, and we are all wishing you the best possible outcome

Have a nice rest of the afternoon all..think I am going to take a short nap and relax. All of my outside and inside chores are done..so tomorrow is definitely a day off for me!

Well, so the plan right now is that the whole family ( DD included ) will be flying to Tucson on Tuesday morning. We have to leave the house at 3;30 am :faint: Hopefully, DH's chemo goes ok tomorrow, otherwise not sure what will happen.

Mowed the grass this morning, it took all 3 of us about 2 1/2 hours to complete. We have a little less than 3 acres to mow (too much)

Lynxstch..... I hope your DDIL gets some answers soon and that the prognosis is good

Frog..... You are going through such a hard time in your life, stay strong ( you are strong even though you may not feel that way) Many good thoughts coming your way

Snowysmom.... I'm happy you got to experience a trip with your friend and I hope it is going to be easier the next time.

I ordered myself a new planner yesterday (I am a writer/journal by nature) and I love a "real" planner that I can write in and make lists in and then use as
sort of diary of the year. Anyway, the front says Start Fresh and under that it says...Sometimes you must forget what you feel and remember what you deserve
I love that quote! I'm big on handwritten stuff too. I jeep a "one line a day" journal and I have a weekly calendar sheet / to do list with plans and chores.

I never heard of anyone having to take a parenting divorce class
My friend did last year. It's about helping the kids through the transition and teaches tips on coparenting effectively. I think it even came with a scheduling app to use for the kids' activities.

🏠🙏for your DD, Carol! A quiet cul- de -sac sounds a ton better and safer than a busier street that's for sure! I haven't watched worship yet but will later. Glad you got to attend in person.

:grouphug:dear Frog big-time. Amen to what Lynn said! I am truly proud of you, my friend. Please always remember we are here and care. Please PM me for more church sharing. I have felt similar about my current/former (pre pandemic) church out here. I am keeping it in prayer along with perhaps my future role once Covid has (I pray) died down! In my heart, I believe God's call to me just might be to attend elsewhere and, that, of course would be just fine. Carol's church, I sincerely wish were closer to me! I would love to become an active part of such a Christ-centered congregation where truly all are welcome, and all are encouraged to be part of the church's ministries and outreach. Writing indeed can be therapeutic. You know I enjoy doing so as well. Thank you for being the loving and wonderful mom you are for taking that class for both you and your kids. Prayers for all of you.

Lynn, 🌈's are beautiful and a reminder that God is forever with us, too! So glad you are enjoying some down time.

Yikes, Dazed, what an early flight! Much prayer the trip brings you peace, my friend. You absolutely remain in my prayers!

Good for you, dear PollyannaMom, for keeping a hand-written journal. I actually just got one as a birthday gift. I admit that I don't have much patience for keeping a daily journal, at least not one that's hand-written. I do like your one line a day idea and will pray on that. I have been wanting to each day write or type down reflections/what a Scripture right then and there speaks to me so maybe I'll do that in my new journal. I read this passage in a book earlier and thought of all of dear you! God has indeed connected us all and kept us together a Quacker family. I am so thankful for each of you and that together we indeed lovingly and in faith support one another.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ.
(2 Corinthians 1:3-5 NKJV)

🌼for all of you and a wish for a great rest of Sunday, too!

Stepdaughter has more bad luck. Her husbands Dad is now in our hospital, with a blockage in his heart. They told him it's a bad valve. He just had all his teeth out, so they are afraid of infection, and have to wait a week to do the surgery. He got the same Dr who told me he had to crack my chest to repair a bad valve, that it was a very long surgery and a 6 week recovery. The one who had me scared to death. That's why my hero, a new Dr Hani (really his first name..noone can pronounce his last,,but I can, lol) stepped in and told me he wanted to try it his way first. And for me, it worked. I suggested to DIL that she might want to mention to his Dad that he CAN ask for a second opinion!

Happy Sunday to all! :sunny:

Ended up being a beautiful day today, no rain like they were predicting. Worked last night so I grabbed about 5 hours of sleep this morning. When I woke up, I just didn't feel like painting, I'm so tired of painting. Around 4:00 I decided it was dumb of me not to take advantage of the sun for paint drying so back outside I went. I ended up getting 5 more doors painted. Plus I put a coat of stain on one of my living room tables. I go back to work tomorrow but luckily I'm working from home. I'm going to try to get some more done but I know I'm going to be busy, I don't have anyone that covers my work for me so it will just be backed-up.

I've been struggling with my Weight Watchers for awhile. I get bored at work so I snack and then I sit at a desk all day so that really doesn't help :surfweb:popcorn::. Last week with being so busy around the house and constantly moving around, sometimes I forgot to eat, I weighed myself this morning and I lost 7 lbs!:cheer2:I belong to a gym through the hospital so I checked the class schedule. I don't really like doing machines so I need to find something else. I found a cycling class and a pilates class that I might enjoy.

Frog - we had to go to a parenting class at the beginning of our divorce also. That was one of the first things that was required and we weren't able to proceed until it was completed. Mine was very awkward because my ex and I were in the same class. Luckily a lot of people were also in the class so I was able to sit on the other side of the room. :sad2:

So I found this show on HGTV, it's called Inn the Works. Some girl bought an old motel and she's rehabbing it with her family's help. I thought I would really like it but all it is, is her family playing around (they're in their 20's-30's). So little of the show is focused on the actual rehab process. It's a cool idea but I don't like it just because of the host and her family. How terrible is that?!

Have a good rest of the night! :wave2:

Well, we had a really bad storm come through, lots of lightning/wind/loud thunder/rain/hail and a (possible) tornado pop through about 20 minutes from the house. Some damage to a railroad crossing.

----------------------------------warning, JIC. death ----------------------------------------------

Got a call from one of my nieces (N#1) about an hour ago. My sister, the one who lost her husband a few months ago, has been pretty sick. She got Covid (again) after his death, and add in her asthma and bad lungs from 40+ years of smoking at least a pack a day, it was not good for her...she had been fighting pneumonia for a few weeks (usual for her this time of year). She lives with her eldest Nephew #1 (along with her youngest Nephew #2, whose started college this last year); eldest's kids (18 and 16) found her passed out, struggling to breathe. Called an ambo. The kids didn't tell the paras that she has a DNR.

They called their dad, he and his sister (her 3rd kid) went up to the ER; docs were starting to treat her, and didn't tell them about the DNR. Niece#3 left to go take her kids somewhere else (both autistic); Nephew#1 had to go take his work truck back (or risk getting fired) and get his car; left sis alone in ER. Her 2nd kid (Niece#2) came up so her mom wouldn't be alone at the ER (not knowing what was going on) and found her mom on a vent; she mentioned the DNR (this is the kid that wouldn't talk to her mom at all for years, didn't acknowledge when her dad died this year). [She's the one who called N#1 to call the rest of the family, and she's having to tell Nephew#2.] The Drs are all "oh well, so if we pull her off, she'll die, so......" shoulder shrugs. Her heart is bad, her lungs are bad, her entire body is shot. The drs in the hospitals in South Dakota are pretty bad, if I go by the crap that's happened over the last 20 years with that family.

So, going past the drama, Nephew #1 and I just talked; I told him he needs to have everyone come say their goodbyes, then have the vent removed and let her go. It's what she wanted, and she's not been doing well at all since BIL passed. I also told him if he needs to make to make any decisions, phone calls, yell at doctors, whatever, just to let me know; and I'm here if anyone of them need a shoulder to cry on or a place to vent or just sit quietly. Now, it's just waiting to see what goes on.

DH called and asked if I needed to go up, and I told him no. (DH is out of town this week for work, going to all the FL offices with the other guys in his position) Offered to come back home, told him no, he needed to do this work thing that they have been trying to do since April 2020. I've said my goodbyes. I expected it to not take her too long to go, after BIL passed.

So, yeah, rough day.

:cheer2:Good for you Jen! That is awesome. What time is Inn the Works on? That show sounds interesting. I enjoy Hallmark Christmas movies about quaint inns. I just finished reading about one in a Love Inspired book.

:grouphug:and huge 🙏Lynn and B&B. I am so sorry :( :hug: and extra❤️ reminder we are all here and care, to you both!

Hope you're having a good weekend, Easyas and AuntieMe3, thinking of you.

Sweet dreams, everyone.

B&B So sorry about your sister.

Frog It sounds like you are being strong and making the life plans you need to to take care of your and your kids. I hope you find the right church for you whether in person or online.

@dazedx3 Wow! Early time to leave. We usually left around that time for Disney trips so we could get there by noon and go to the parks.

Early work day then the attorney this afternoon. Need coffee.

Good morning all. Poured again overnite, calling for strong storms around 10 am. Temp is 65 and stayed that way all nite.

@Bianca and Bernard --so sorry for all your family is going through. Sending prayers for all
@Snowysmom --good luck at the attorney's today

No plans for the day. I did enough this weekend to cover me for a couple of days.

Saw Idol last nite, happy with at least 2 out of the 3 finalists. I told Mr L that the third one would be the one to sneak in at the end..he's been the dark horse most of the season. Don't want to say who my pick to win is, in case someone hasn't watched yet,,but I want a female to win!

Have a great day everyone~~stay safe if you are in the path of the storms

R (4).jpg

Good Monday morning! :sunny:

Ugh, back to work! :sad: Looks like it will be a sunny day today after rain came through during the night. At least my flowers were able to get watered.

What time is Inn the Works on? That show sounds interesting.
I have no idea what time it's on. I have it set to record so I just watch it that way. That's probably the best way, then you can fast forward through all the goofy family scenes (which are a lot!). It's on in the evening during the week if that helps.

Did anyone watch Downton Abbey when it was on? I did and I can't wait for the next movie to come out at the end of the month. Can't decide if I want to ask my sisters to go see it with me or just go by myself. I'm leaning towards a solo outing.

Bianca and Bernard - so sorry to hear about your sister. It sounds like she may have just given up on life after her husband died. That's very sad.

Have a great day! :wave:

Good Monday morning! :sunny:

Ugh, back to work! :sad: Looks like it will be a sunny day today after rain came through during the night. At least my flowers were able to get watered.

I have no idea what time it's on. I have it set to record so I just watch it that way. That's probably the best way, then you can fast forward through all the goofy family scenes (which are a lot!). It's on in the evening during the week if that helps.

Did anyone watch Downton Abbey when it was on? I did and I can't wait for the next movie to come out at the end of the month. Can't decide if I want to ask my sisters to go see it with me or just go by myself. I'm leaning towards a solo outing.

Bianca and Bernard - so sorry to hear about your sister. It sounds like she may have just given up on life after her husband died. That's very sad.

Have a great day! :wave:
I never watched the series, but did enjoy the first movie and have also been looking forward to seeing the second. DD came with me to see the first, and promptly fell asleep within the first few mins of the movie. 😬 There was just one other couple in the theater near us and me and the couple were laughing through the whole thing, which was pretty funny. I‘ve since gotten the whole family into it, we enjoy that English sense of humor. I’d say either way, you’ll have a good time! I will have to check local times around me, too.

🐥

B&B, so sorry to hear about your sister. 😥 Said prayers for your family. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter