Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning.

No eclipse viewing here last night. :sad1: Too cloudy and foggy.

DD's house hunting is changing by the minute. They did like the house and put in an offer last night. This morning the realtor contacted her about some changes in the contingency language. Lots of calls between her and her DH and realtor. She just texted that they got it. That is all I know at this point. She is at work as is her DH. Funny thing - her new address in on Jewell Court in DE. DS also lives on Jewell Court in MD. Very exciting time.

Nothing planned for today, maybe grocery shopping.

I've been struggling with my Weight Watchers for awhile.
I have also. Just not motivated. And not having a meeting nearby doesn't help.

@Bianca and Bernard , sorry to hear about your sister. Sounds you like and your DH have much better communication and support than her family.

calling for strong storms around 10 am.
They are predicted here for the afternoon.

Congrats to your DD on the house, Carol!

It's hot here, but the cat insists on being out, so I am sitting in a tiny patch of shade, considering bribing her back into the house with tuna.

Yes, I am a Downton Abbey fan! (I forgot who asked, as quote isn't working on my phone again, and it's on the previous page.) Anyway, I am looking forward to the new movie, and will probably ask MIL if she wants to go with me.

No eclipse viewing here either. A beautiful Monday prayer to each of you with love.

Thanks, Footballmouse for the "Inn" info. I just Googled and discovered we do get the Magnolia Network. I will DVR Inn the Works tonight at 9. Very nice to have a "new" channel, thank you also for that, my friend. I hope you are enjoying the show. Do you (or any of you) watch any other shows on this channel? :)

How exciting, Carol! Love the identical street names! God's way is indeed most perfect!

Don't watch Downton Abbey, but glad some of you enjoy the show.

Keep cool, PollyannaMom and dry Lynn!

Hug to both of you Snowysmom and Pea :)

Temp went up to 75. then a thunderstorm came though and dropped it to 60. They said another one at 11:45, but the sun is out and the sky is blue with white clouds. I think most of them missed us. I went out and trimmed some dead branches off the bridal wreath bushes, and trimmed back one of the lilacs that had some dead ones.

My sister in law called me this morning about an incident at their house last nite. I was trying so hard not to laugh., but didn't succeed. They went to a church concert SIL, BIL,and niece. Neither of them took their house key. Now keep in mind that my SIL and niece are HUGE ladies (no offense to anyone), but BIL has a boot on his foot and isn't supposed to be standing. So he got a ladder and put it up against their house, and niece had to climb in the window. She got stuck 1/2 way in, her Dad had to climb the ladder and push her in the rest of the way. I only wish SIL had thought to take a phone pic,,lol! You would have to know them, to even be able to imagine what it must have looked like. She knew I was laughing while she was telling me, and said she wished she had taken a pic. She said her hubby was laughing hysterically at the daughter getting stuck, while my niece was yelling at him to get up there and push her in. They are both supposed to be on gluten free, fast food free 'diets', but neither is succeeding. And eating at fast food restaurants, every other day, sometimes twice a day isn't helping. :( But it gave me a huge laugh for the day :P

I like:
Magnolia Table (it's a cooking show but very easy recipes and ingredients).
Restoration Road with Clint Harp (taking down old barns and using the wood in other structures)
Fixer Upper - Welcome Home (updated version of the old Fixer Upper)

Same 3 for us. We both loved Fixer Upper when it was on I think TLC or HGTV, can't remember which. Were sad when it went to Magnolia, as at the time our cable system didn't have it, but they have since added it. I love watching Clint restore those things, and some of the furniture he used to make for the older Fixer Upper shows was really beautiful. I love watching Joanna cook on Magnolia Table, she makes simple things that almost anyone can make. I love when her youngest son 'helps' her in the kitchen.

For some good news: the LL finally got back in touch with the maintenence guy, and he's coming Wednesday to look at the fridge/freezer situation he created. LOL He said he could come tonight, but ugh, it's after 5:30, and I don't want him here late without having DH here.

--------------trigger ahead, sis-----------------------

Got more news on my sis. It won't be long now.
She's awake now, fought the vent, so the doc removed it finally. (Turns out her DNR was just a request she told her kids, no formal document or anything, and the hospital said "well, she's on the vent, it's too late"; what a mess). She is in total organ failure. They put her on forced oxygen (?) and are sending her home to her oldest daughter's. They are giving her a CPAP to use all the time, and comfort meds, and a hospice nurse to come check on her frequently.

I'm waiting for them to get her home and comfortable, so I can say goodbye to her. I'll send her kids flowers, and that will be that. I'm sad, but glad she won't be hurting any longer.

----------------------------------------------------

Anyways, Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for sis.

I did watch Downton Abbey, after it was all done, and I thought it was ok. Not my favorite, but watchable. Not going to see them movie; I'll wait until it comes out for streaming free.

I don't really watching the home fixit shows. We watched Extreme Makeover, until the last couple seasons where it just got ridiculously overdone; I liked it better when it was "we're expanding you to five bedrooms and a bath on each, to accomodate your family of 6" and not as much when it was "we are going to create a jungle themed coffee bar lounge with a disco bathroom for junie, and a secret man cave for dad, where no one can enter unless they have the magic flute and can sing "I am woman" backwards at 120rpm".

Lynx, I hope your daughter's family gets better soon. And thanks for the laugh about the lockout!

All my prayers to you, Dazed.

I ate some chili nachos for lunch, and I'm not really hungry for dinner.

Good night, all.

Thank you Footballmouse and Lynn for the show recommendations :)

B&B, your post slipped in just ahead of my own. I am so sorry, my friend. :grouphug: Prayers of peace to all of you with love. PM me anytime for an extra hug. I would PM you but I think your settings currently don't allow PM's. Just remember we all care!

Carol, I loved (as always) the message from this week's worship. I also really liked hearing a more complete version of "For the Beauty of the Earth." Chalice Hymnal (version I have in front of me) This was the Sunday Hymn I believe when I was in the choir we did sing the Sunday Hymn version. Both are lovely and an absolute reminder, especially right now this later season of Spring, that God is all around and within us, for us, always. How blessed we each are indeed.

I hope all of you are enjoying the afternoon 🌸

I was happy with tribal council also. Glad she's gone! :wave2:
I actually liked Drea, liked her gameplay, wish she was around a little longer. But I understand why they got rid of her. Now that one guy, with the glasses, he is the snake in the grass. He is entertaining for sure but when they realize that he is playing everyone, watch out!

Mona, so glad you had a great birthday!

Lynn, prayers said for your stepdaughter.

B&B, prayers for your sister also.

We've been having record breaking heat the last couple of days, up in the 90's. Looks like it will break later this week. I just stay inside as much as I can. We got a good rain last night for a couple of hours. Kept us from seeing the eclipse but it was worth it. We really need the rain.

DS's and DDIL's wedding was just lovely Friday night. The ceremony was outside but there were large trees shading the ceremony area plus a nice breeze which helped keep most people from being too hot. I'll get on my phone and add a few pictures in a minute.

20220516_171331.jpg

20220516_171315.jpg

20220516_171347.jpg

20220516_171412.jpg

LAMBEPOST-10_websize.jpg

Last edited:
@Kirby , beautiful pictures. Is there a story behind that cake? Definitely not traditional.
I'm not sure. I would ask but they are in the air on their way to Rome, Italy for their honeymoon. She loves everything Harry Potter and the color purple. It's sort of a Nightmare Before Christmas looking to me and that is right up her alley also. She actually looked for a black wedding dress but couldn't find one that she really liked.

Thinking of all who need prayers and comfort.

Carol Buying a house is not easy these days. Congrats to your DD.

@ dazedx3 Have a nice trip. So happy it worked out for your family.

Kirby Lovely wedding pictures.

I signed the deed Monday and the power of attorney so I don't have to go to the house closing. I cried while signing the deed. I felt so bad. But, it has to be done. Then I asked about the close for buying the condo. The other paralegal was handling that one so we went to talk with her. She says, the closing is on June 3. I said no, it is May 18. She said she had June 3. I told her the purchase and sale has May 18. She looked and said, so it does. But not sure so I have to look into it so I will call you in a half hour. Now I have movers coming May 20. I called my younger DS and told him then texted my agent to find out what is going on. About 20 minutes later the paralegal calls me to say she made a mistake and is sorry. The closing is Wed at noon. I almost passed out when she told me June 3. I feel like there is always something that is going to make me crazy. Now she needs to tell me how much I need to get on a bank check. I feel like I have had all this info at least a few days before closing in the past. This time it seems to be somewhat chaotic. I am not going back to my town tomorrow as I will be going all the rest of the week and weekend. I will just get the bank check Wed morning before the closing. My bank said as long as I have the money in the account I am good. I really am having anxiety this week and alot of stress. I knew this would happen when everything we worked for the past 7 1/2 months happens. Just too much for me. I really feel like I can't do much more. Chris and I were in the house almost 20 years and most of those years we while the kids were in college and then left home. So sad. To top off Monday I was driving down 495 when torrential downpours started. I could see the dark clouds coming my way. All we could do was stay in our lanes, put on our flashers, and drive very slowly. Thankfully it only lasted about 5 minutes but long enough to be dangerous. Then I came back to my son's house and worked for an hour. I am trying to make up time for having to take off so much this week.

Happy Tuesday! :sunny:

Probably the last of the nice days for the next couple of days, rain predicted.

Got all the cabinet doors finally finished!!! Painted the cabinet frames and the door hinges. All I need to do is hang the doors back up, might need some help with that. I'm so glad I finally got all that painting done. That was a job!:scared:

Went out and walked yesterday morning, painted the cabinets, and did some ironing after dinner. OMG, my back was so sore. I had to get my yoga mat out and lay down to stretch and that even hurt. I should have taken some Tylenol before bed but I didn't feel like getting back up.

Kirby - beautiful bride & groom pictures, love her dress and I like the purple/black combo.

Snowysmom - glad you were able to get the closing mix-up straightened out. That would have stressed me out too.

Back to work, have a great day and hopefully you can enjoy some sunshine! :flower:

Good sunny morning all. Going to be 75 today, calling for mid 90's by Friday,,AC time!
@PollyannaMom --love your cat pictures, 2 of my outside ones were chasing a frog this morning. Haven't seen any rabbits yet this spring. A few squirrels,,but the cats just lay at the bottom of the big tree and watch for them to come down to get walnuts.

@Snowysmom --wow,,that really would have been a mess, if you hadn't mentioned to the paralegal that your closing was this week, and not in June. Glad they got it all straightened out. Soon you will be settled in your new home and things will start to look brighter. Sending you prayers as always

@Kirby Thanks for sharing the wedding pictures. Beautiful! I loved her dress and the train was gorgeous.

@dazedx3 --Glad that you are able to take your trip..have a wonderful time!

I fed the cats, and the birds, took some trash out, and swept the gravel off the edge of the street back onto the bottom of the driveway. No idea why all the driveways out here, have gravel for the last 3 feet or so, but everytime it rains hard, it just gets swept down and I have to put it back. I have 2 rugs in the washer, and then am going to make my grocery list for tomorrow

Have a great day everyone

OIP (2).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter