Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@PollyannaMom Love the frogs.

@flyingdumbo127 Thanks for bringing the thread back to page 1!

Dazed Glad you have your grief group to help. The grief group I joined had a good first and second meeting. This month a new person joined it who is a friend of one who is in the group. There were only 3 of us so a new person is good. However, she took over the meeting. If someone said something she would tell them what to do or what she found with research and just keep talking. I know she has had awful losses and I think she means well but the grief counselor is there to help. I don't want to say anything and really found it hard to get a word in anyway. I looked at another woman there who is quiet like me and we just looked at each other and shrugged. She was not happy about it either. I will give it one more try in June and if this woman is doing the same thing I may just opt out. My therapist said to tell the grief counselor how I feel. I think the grief counselor was taken aback by it and not sure how to address it. But she needs to. I also wish there were someone in the group who lost a spouse not that I want anyone to go through that. I would like to see how others deal with a similar loss.

It is 57 here now and going back into the 80s today. We had storms go through yesterday. Kenny's GF said they had loud thunder and lightning which is just 12 minutes from me. We had a bit of thunder but mostly the rain. I checked my basement and so far, no water is coming in. I am cautiously optimistic. Now I just wait for the title from my lender and then another registry adventure awaits. I am hoping to get it early today so I can get it done before the long weekend. Honestly I am stressing so much about this it is affecting my day. Kenny told me last night that it will get resolved the next time I go. He is the voice of reason but I am unreasonable I guess. :crazy: It also brings back memories of all the stuff I had to do right after Chris passed so I have gone back a few steps. Sorry to be a downer today. It has been very trying since I got back from my trip.

Off to work. Have a good day!

Good morning. Cloudy now but sun breaking through. Supposed to be 82 today. Calling for 85 with a strong chance of storms last afternoon, of course, because graduation is at 4. I'm hoping they move it indoors, just because there's AC in there.

The neighbor dug out 2 of the 3 tree stumps yesterday and brought them below ground level and filled them in with dirt. He has half of the big one done, and is waiting for his brother to bring him the longer chain saw so he can finish it today. I can't get anyone to grind it down, so we're just leveling it and filling it in. I'm happy with that as long as I don't have to drive around things with the mower.

Tomato plants are doing well, and I noticed that a lot of squash and cuke seeds are already sprouted.
Off to put some laundry in and get going for the day

Have a nice Friday.

1716557397209.png

@Snowysmom, :hug: And prayers.

Good morning, Not expected, but we have had light rain for about an hour now. It’s the sort that smells good. There’s some thunder, but it’s not alarming to Gus. My tooth gets fixed today! It has not bothered or hurt me, but I am a worrier about things like this. My dentist is away, and the appointment I have is July something, I just could not bear to wait that long.

It’s quiet on our block, the part time residents, renters are not here, so, it doesn’t feel like the start of summer.

With my sister, we probably will plant our vegetable garden this weekend.

Enjoy today!

Happy Friday!🇺🇸

Didn't do anything yesterday after work except get the garbage cans to the curb . Attempted to make dinner but after I made the Blackened Chicken Strips in the airfryer, I realized that were way too blackened for me 🥵. Couldn't make it past the first bite. I don't like food that has a kick like they did. I'll end of giving the remainder of the bag to one of the boys, they like that type of food.

Noticed a dead squirrel on the deck last night, not sure if it was from Boomer, the cat, or just fell off the roof ☹️. Texted the boys to see if one of them would be in the area today that they could stop and remove it for me. Lord knows if I do it, it will be a whole prayer service production.

Working this weekend so tonight will be cleaning the house and watering the flowers. Can't count on the rain to do it 🌧️. It was supposed to rain last night so I didn't bother watering them and sure enough, didn't rain. I agreed to work the holiday for someone but now I really wished I didn't. Would be nice to have a day off to get some things done around the house.

My insurance claim was denied last week for the water coming into my basement from the chimney. They said it was from wear on the inside of chimney. Yesterday I get a letter from the insurance company saying that since there is damage to my house, I have until September to fix it 🤬. I guess they'll drop me if it isn't fixed. I really want to call them and let them know that I don't have the extra money to fix it, that's why the claim was filed. I just hate insurance companies. You pay every month for coverage and then you don't get covered, or if you do get covered then your payments go up.

I have a study to do for P&G after work today. I think it has something to do with laundry scents. I probably have to smell a bunch of towels and then answer a bunch of questions on how I feel about the scent. Easy money so I'll do it.💵

Have a great weekend!:wave:

Footballmouse' story about the squirrel reminded me that last night I was watching tv and heard a commotion outside. Birds squawking like I'be never heard. I go to the back door and see 2 blue jays flying around and around the deck screaming. I open the door to see what's going on, and there under a chair sits my little outdoor cat Tiger. She's got a baby blue jay in her paws, and the big birds were trying to dive bomb her and scare her away. I had to get a broom and shoo her away. I pushed the baby bird to the edge of the grass to see if it was hurt. It was squawking, and the 2 big ones were hovering, screaming at me. I finally got a piece of wood and used the broom to push it on to it. I took it to the back of the lawn and set it down and it was gone this morning, so I guess it wasn't hurt too badly. It was like a scene from The Birds, but with 2 large blue jays!

Lynn Blue jays are very tenacious and noisy. Glad you got the baby bird away from your cat. Hopefully the family is reunited.

Bobbiwoz Good luck with your tooth today. I understand wanting it fixed as soon as possible.

Footballmouse Insurance companies are a big pain. I don't really understand why it is their business how and when you fix it. I hope your DS comes to take care of the squirrel. I too would do a funeral service for the squirrel complete with hymns and a eulogy.

I called my lender and they are working on getting the title ready to send to me. I actually talked with the rep I walked with Wed. She was very kind and said she sees in the notes the request was approved and 2 people are on it. She said I should have the title by Tues or Wed due to the holiday. I am praying that is so. I am crazy for letting it get to me but I need my car. Poor Kenny thinks I am crazy and of course I am. It will be a nervous holiday weekend for me.

Good morning. Cloudy now but sun breaking through. Supposed to be 82 today. Calling for 85 with a strong chance of storms last afternoon, of course, because graduation is at 4. I'm hoping they move it indoors, just because there's AC in there.

The neighbor dug out 2 of the 3 tree stumps yesterday and brought them below ground level and filled them in with dirt. He has half of the big one done, and is waiting for his brother to bring him the longer chain saw so he can finish it today. I can't get anyone to grind it down, so we're just leveling it and filling it in. I'm happy with that as long as I don't have to drive around things with the mower.

Tomato plants are doing well, and I noticed that a lot of squash and cuke seeds are already sprouted.
Off to put some laundry in and get going for the day

Have a nice Friday.

View attachment 862565
For my remaining stumps I'm tempted to buy an auger and see if my neighbor will try it out. The companies that can do grinding are pretty expensive around here. I could also try renting the machine but then I'll never be sure of my neighbors' schedule, as he's weather dependent.

For my remaining stumps I'm tempted to buy an auger and see if my neighbor will try it out. The companies that can do grinding are pretty expensive around here. I could also try renting the machine but then I'll never be sure of my neighbors' schedule, as he's weather dependent.

The companies that can do grinding are pretty expensive around here.
I tried 5 different company's. Four of them were 'too swamped' to do it anytime soon. The fifth came out and gave me a quote of $700 to grind it. It was already at ground level. I passed. I only paid Dave $1200 (compared to the $7000 quote a tree company gave me). to take down the whole tree, why would I pay $700 to have the stump gotten rid of. It's all below ground level now and filled in with dirt.

Sweet dreams with love thread save. I also want to share what fantastic customer service I received from the sweetest Zazzle customer service rep this afternoon. Meg was so kind to spend a ton of time helping me personalize a birthday card and tote bag, both surprises, for my friend Pastor Louise. I definitely would recommend Zazzle. Just as an fyi because of customization, the turn around process, can be 2 weeks so order in advance. Nighty nighty hug to all.

Good morning. It started out at 50 and now heading to 80. I went out early and had breakfast by myself for the first time. It is a place in Kenny's town. The staff was very kind and helpful. I was the only one at first but others came in after a bit. I was craving blueberry pancakes. They make huge pancakes. I got the plate that had 2 and took back more than half. I will have at least one if not more breakfasts with it. Then I went to Hannaford's to get some stuff. I took a walk, cleaned the bathroom sinks and toilets. Now I am resting a bit before cleaning the tub in one bathroom. Then I may go to the lake to walk and then a couple more errands. Need to keep busy. I got a recipe for lemon yogurt cheesecake bars that are lower in fat and calories. I may make those this weekend. Jeff and family made it safely to their weekend destination. Kenny and GF head out today to western MA.

Have a good Saturday.

Hug dear Snowysmom and hooray that you treated yourself to pancakes! Dad enjoys blueberries in his pancakes and would also love your cheesecake bars. He has a cheesecake cookie recipe he enjoys. For me lol pancakes=plain and "cheese,"=good old plain cream or Kraft singles. A lake walk really sounds lovely. May it be just that.

By the Grace extra of God, I did get some sleep. Wishing each of dear you a good morning. Dad I sure hope will stay home or at least mostly will today and get sone extra rest. May each of you do or watch something fun :)

Good morning. Already 70 heading for close to 90. Bright sunshine now, calling for storms late this afternoon. They have no clue what they're doing about graduation yet. They have the stadium set up as well as the auditorium. But since graduation is at 4 pm, they're trying to wait a bit and see what the weather is actually going to do.
Summer's Mom is picking me up. She said there's no sense in taking 2 cars when we live less than a minute away from each other. And she knows where she's going, I don't, lol

She'll bring me home when she comes home to change before going out to dinner.

I may do the lawn as soon as it dries out, just so it's done for the rest of the holiday weekend. Call for a chance of storms tomorrow and a bigger chance on Monday.
Off to strip and remake the bed and figure out something for dinner.

Have a nice day, stay cool
1716643896169.png

Praise extra to God! What a lovely update dear Bobbi:grouphug:Lynn:grouphug:prayers Lily's graduation went smoothly.

Quiet evening here. Dad and I got some Amazon packages earlier we need to go through. We're also going to look again at foot soaking tubs. We have a lot of bags from the (now sadly out of business) 99 Cent Only Store of Epsom salt. Epsom salt definitely helped reduce swelling for me early on in all this. Now that by God's Grace I am healed from all things broken and a ton stronger, I am thinking trying warm soaks again would be a smart idea. I am not (never have been) a massage fan. This makes finding such an item harder because I would not want it to massage. I also prefer a smooth bottom no bumps--Dad does, too. We will start searching. Richard left me a voice mail message earlier and hasn't yet returned my call back to him. I will definitely share when he does. Good evening and later sweet dreams with love to all.

Good sunny Sunday morning. Going to be in upper 80's again, with a chance of storms yesterday
I mowed the lawn yesterday morning, but saved the weedwacking for today, just finished before it gets too hot.

The graduation was nice, and they ended up having it in the stadium. Summer had gotten there early and saved seats in the front row for herself, Gracie, Mary and me, right across from the podium. She saved a section in the next row up for both brothers, Lily's boyfriend, and Mary's boyfriend. It clouded over which helped with the sun and the heat. Then we heard the rumble of thunder and Mary (Summer's mom) got an alert on her phone that we were going to get a big storm at 4:30. At 4:30 it started raining, but only lasted a few minutes. The sky stayed cloudy, but right over the graduates, just as they turned their tassles, there was a rainbow in the sky. It was pretty surreal.

1716737461530.png

It lasted 2 hours, start to finish. Mary dropped me off at home and then went home herself since Summer had cancelled the after party. That was fine by me, my back was sore from sitting on the bleachers, and I had a headache.

Summer went to leave the school and found she had a flat tire, she just had 4 brand new tires put on 2 weeks ago. Someone had a portable air compressor and she was able to pump it up enough to get home, they only live 10 min from the school.

I left my gift with Mary to give to Lily, since Summer said they were going to head to her house later. Mind you, I live like 45 seconds from Mary, yet they didn't bother stopping here. :(
Lily called me in tears, thanking me for the framed poem and the letter and cash I had put with it. For the first time in her life, she called me Grandma, which of course left me in tears. For some unknown reason, she always called me Aunt Lynn, which was odd, but whatever, lol

Have a nice Sunday, stay cool!
1716733248144.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter