QS/Split Stay

atksn

Mouseketeer
We have never done QS plan, but wanted to have more flexibility with our upcoming trip next week than we have in past years, so we only made a handful of ADRs that we will just do OOP. We have the QS plan for 7 of our 11 days, I did not opt to get it when we transfer to Poly, as I know we will have so many credits left over that we can get meals to bring back to our Villa, as well as stock up on snacks to get us through.

Here's my question...... Since we are doing a split stay, if we have quite a few credits left over, is there any remote possibility that I could kindly ask Guest Services if they could transfer those credits to our remaining days? I know technically dining credits expire at the end of your last day, and you can "cash out" with snacks. However, it would seem logical enough that if we are continuing our stay, and we paid for the plan, they could somehow slide it over to the second part of our stay.

TIA

Its possible to nicely ask but the answer will highly likely be no so I would plan on using those credits before you use them.

Here's my question...... Since we are doing a split stay, if we have quite a few credits left over, is there any remote possibility that I could kindly ask Guest Services if they could transfer those credits to our remaining days? I know technically dining credits expire at the end of your last day, and you can "cash out" with snacks. However, it would seem logical enough that if we are continuing our stay, and we paid for the plan, they could somehow slide it over to the second part of our stay.

Agree with Queen. You can ask nicely and sweetly, but the answer will almost certainly be no. There's a reason they tie it to the nights you stay at ONE resort, even with a split stay. They know it is highly likely you won't use all your credits, and you'll have to "cash them out" or lose them. Either way, they make money on you. Allowing you to extend would mean they lose money on you.

I assumed the exactly what you are saying. I figure it can't hurt to ask. Worse case scenario we get a bunch of "to go" meals we can heat up in Villa, as well as snacks.

Agree with Queen. You can ask nicely and sweetly, but the answer will almost certainly be no. There's a reason they tie it to the nights you stay at ONE resort, even with a split stay. They know it is highly likely you won't use all your credits, and you'll have to "cash them out" or lose them. Either way, they make money on you. Allowing you to extend would mean they lose money on you.

To be fair I've never had a problem using all of my credits by the end of check out day and have not had to scramble to cash them in.
I eat items from home for breakfast.
I then have a meal for lunch and a meal for dinner.
And I have a couple snacks throughout the day or if there is a day I don't use both then I'll end up using the extra one another day but I never have a ton of anything built up on check out day.

To be fair I've never had a problem using all of my credits by the end of check out day and have not had to scramble to cash them in.
I eat items from home for breakfast.
I then have a meal for lunch and a meal for dinner.
And I have a couple snacks throughout the day or if there is a day I don't use both then I'll end up using the extra one another day but I never have a ton of anything built up on check out day.

We *always* end up with quite a few credits left over. Granted, we have always done traditional DP. As stated, this is first time going QS, so maybe that in and of itself will be a game changer

We *always* end up with quite a few credits left over. Granted, we have always done traditional DP. As stated, this is first time going QS, so maybe that in and of itself will be a game changer
I've done DDP and QSDP and use my credits in the same way for both and while I'm never going hungry I am also not building up credits.
I think the trouble with your situation is you also have OOP ADR's booked as well. Those would have been better to book during the second part of the trip only in my opinion. Obviously how you do it is up to you though.

We always have tons of quick service meals and credits left over when we just do quick service. For us it's because when we're on the table service dining, we tend to eat at buffets, so we're all ordering. When we go the quick service route, we mostly share meals, cause we're not big eaters.

We've done plenty of split stays with the dining plan at the first resort only. Just stock up by midnight when you arrive at the Poly. Enjoy! :)

I am hoping we use the Snack credits at the Art Festival booths.

I would be very shocked if they allowed this. Expiration at midnight of your check-out day is a hard and fast rule of the ddp.

I would do some math to see if the ddp is really a good idea for your stay. You mention wanting more flexibility, but that's not what you get with the ddp.

I would be very shocked if they allowed this. Expiration at midnight of your check-out day is a hard and fast rule of the ddp.

I would do some math to see if the ddp is really a good idea for your stay. You mention wanting more flexibility, but that's not what you get with the ddp.

I have done my math, and am very much a seasoned WDW (and DDP) veteran. We wanted the flexibility of not being locked into ADRs, hence opting to do QSDP this time, and just made a couple ADRs for faves that will be OOP. And yes, the math works in our favor to do the plan vs OOP, even with AP discounts, especially with alcoholic beverages now included, and the intention to use a lot of credits for F&W. My question was simply wondering if there were any chance of transferring any remaining credits to a split stay. And I pretty much assumed probably not, which is fine - as I stated, we can just "cash out" and take meals to eat later back to the Villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter