Purchasing tickets through discount sites

1. if I have e-tickets and I put in the reservation number and now have a ticket tied to people in my family and friends in my MDE account, do I need to do anything else to activate them?
2. will they work at the entrance right away? We have different people arriving at different times, but all bought under one person's account. Trying to make sure we don't need the one person to go to GR and activate them for each person?

IF you will be using MagicBands for your entire party-
1. Nope.
2. Yes.

IF you will NOT be using MagicBands for your entire party-
1. You must go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations and pick up actual tickets to use.
2. Once you have the actual tickets, then you can go into a park.

1. Nope.
2. Yes.

IF you will NOT be using MagicBands for your entire party-
1. You must go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations and pick up actual tickets to use.
2. Once you have the actual tickets, then you can go into a park.

Thanks, Robo! Yes, we are using MBs, so that solves that problem. 21 people in the party, so logistically that was not going to be fun... :)

Once they are received, if you get hard tickets, it is made clear to you they are only refundable if the plastic is unopened. I have ordered many times from Undercover Tourist and stand behind what I posted.
I agree. They are very clear on how their physical ticket media works in regards to refunds.

I agree. They are very clear on how their physical ticket media works in regards to refunds.

Did I say something to the contrary of that?

That's what I don't understand.

Oh, I have no idea. I don't think so, not that I saw

HERE is my original post.

1. Just a point of order: UT does not sell paper tickets.
The "regular tickets" that UT sells are plastic RFID tickets (same tickets that guests can buy at WDW ticket booths.)

2. e-tickets from UT are not refundable.
If you buy regular tickets (plastic RFID) and have them sent to you, they remain refundable (less 5% fee) for 365 days.
HOWEVER, once you link a regular ticket to your MyDisneyExperience account, it is no longer returnable.

Here is a copy of the UT FAQ directly from their site.
(I added colored boxes for emphasis.)

UT_Canc2.jpg

Once they are received, if you get hard tickets, it is made clear to you they are only refundable if the plastic is unopened. I have ordered many times from Undercover Tourist and stand behind what I posted.
Not that I'm negating what you are saying but here's the information I received with my order (purchased Feb 2016):
upload_2017-2-26_17-3-27.png

upload_2017-2-26_17-4-42.png

Technically mine aren't taken out of the package yet but still. It doesn't saying anything about "once you open the plastic returning/refunding is a no go". I'm assuming the whole "please make sure your order is correct prior to opening the package" is probably because it makes it easier to return them on their side if your order is incorrect. On the plastic it only says "once you set up the RFID profile you will no longer be able to return or exchange them" It doesn't say "once you open the package you will no longer be able to return or exchange them"

Again not negating what you are saying but providing what information was given to me in my package when I ordered from them.

Not that I'm negating what you are saying but here's the information I received with my order (purchased Feb 2016):
View attachment 222515

View attachment 222518

Technically mine aren't taken out of the package yet but still. It doesn't saying anything about "once you open the plastic returning/refunding is a no go". I'm assuming the whole "please make sure your order is correct prior to opening the package" is probably because it makes it easier to return them on their side if your order is incorrect. On the plastic it only says "once you set up the RFID profile you will no longer be able to return or exchange them" It doesn't say "once you open the package you will no longer be able to return or exchange them"

Again not negating what you are saying but providing what information was given to me in my package when I ordered from them.
Well, the way I took their warning was, if you open it, you keep it. You can only refund it if you don't open it. I guess that isn't what it says but that's how I took it. Since they stressed to check BEFORE you open.

Well, the way I took their warning was, if you open it, you keep it. You can only refund it if you don't open it. I guess that isn't what it says but that's how I took it. Since they stressed to check BEFORE you open.

Yeah, maybe it was an incorrect assumption, but that was the way I took it too. It's been 3 or 4 years since I got tickets from UT.

Well see I can see that as being the interpretation but it really doesn't say that explicitly and they had every opportunity to word it like that on their plastic packaging and their piece of paper that they included so I'm not sure that the correct interpretation would be once you open it, it's yours. Unused and unassigned are not the same as unopened.

ETA: BTW totally not saying that I'm right not saying that you're wrong either. Just kinda putting it out there what information the company provides. I'm not even sure if calling to get that answer would be best either unless you asked multiple people because we all know how calling a person can give you different results no matter what company you are calling.

I reached out to Undercover Tourist on the package being opened thing. Take this for a grain of salt and YMMV but here is what they e-mailed me back:

upload_2017-2-28_21-10-17.png

1. Nope.
2. Yes.

And I'm assuming old MagicBands from previous trips will work for this? We are staying offsite this trip so will not be getting new ones.

Unless the battery has died.

And I'm sure there's no way to know if that has happened, right? I'm just trying to decide whether to order actual tickets or the e-ticket. If I went with the e-ticket and then get to the gate and the MagicBand won't work, what are my options?

And I'm sure there's no way to know if that has happened, right? I'm just trying to decide whether to order actual tickets or the e-ticket. If I went with the e-ticket and then get to the gate and the MagicBand won't work, what are my options?

MBs will continue to work at the parks gates, for FP+ with 100% DEAD batteries.

Old MBs are will remain good for those "tap-point" type uses virtually forever.

MBs will continue to work at the parks gates, for FP+ with 100% DEAD batteries.

Old MBs are will remain good for those "tap-point" type uses virtually forever.
I had no idea! Thanks. I thought once the batteries were dead, they were useless. Sorry for the bad info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter