• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchasing tickets through discount sites

I had no idea! Thanks. I thought once the batteries were dead, they were useless. Sorry for the bad info.

The reason why RFID can work "forever" is when they pass by a transmitter, such as the Mickey heads at the Park Gates, it sends a small electronic wave to the MB. That small electronic wave will physically pass by the circuitry in the MB making it "move" up and down and provide just enough power for it to transmit information. Inductive power.

Eventually it may not work, but that will be a long time.

If we buy tickets from UT, link them to our MDE account, and the trip gets cancelled for some reason, will we be able to use those tickets ever again? I thought until you actually used your first day, your tickets would not expire?
Thanks

If we buy tickets from UT, link them to our MDE account, and the trip gets cancelled for some reason, will we be able to use those tickets ever again? I thought until you actually used your first day, your tickets would not expire?
Thanks
You are correct, sort of. If you do not enter the parks the tickets retain at least their current value. If you use them prior to their expiration you only pay more if you alter them (add days or features) but if you use them after their expiration date you have to bring them up to current value, if there has been a price increase.

Thanks
Depends on when you bought them. The newest Disney rickets have expiration dates -whether you have used them or not.

You are correct, sort of. If you do not enter the parks the tickets retain at least their current value. If you use them prior to their expiration you only pay more if you alter them (add days or features) but if you use them after their expiration date you have to bring them up to current value, if there has been a price increase.

Correct, with one possible caveat. Special offer tickets, like the "4 park magic" tickets that were on sale through last week, carry a specific expiration date. The 4 park magic tickets stated that they must be used by May 26th, 2017. I'm pretty sure those tickets will expire with no value if not used.

Depends on when you bought them. The newest Disney rickets have expiration dates -whether you have used them or not.

Yes, they have an expiration date, but they don't really "expire" on that date. It just simply means that the tickets, if presented after the expiration date, have to be paid up to the current value of the ticket....no more "value-bridging" of the tickets.

For example...you buy a 4 day MYW ticket today from Disney, which is $350 + tax. It carries an expiration date of 12/31/18. You don't make it to Disney until 6/1/19. The same tickets are now $370+tax. You would have to pay the $20+tax difference to make the ticket current and usable.

Correct, with one possible caveat. Special offer tickets, like the "4 park magic" tickets that were on sale through last week, carry a specific expiration date. The 4 park magic tickets stated that they must be used by May 26th, 2017. I'm pretty sure those tickets will expire with no value if not used.

That would be very unusual.

That would be very unusual.

Interesting. I hope you're correct (have no reason to doubt you), because we bought some. Of course, our trip is that week before they expire, so there shouldn't be a problem.

How about the military Salute tickets that expire in December?

Interesting. I hope you're correct (have no reason to doubt you), because we bought some. Of course, our trip is that week before they expire, so there shouldn't be a problem.

How about the military Salute tickets that expire in December?

Highly-discounted tickets. (Virtually half-price.)

I have no dog in this race.
I just said that it is unusual for Disney to offer zero value for purchased but unused tickets.

Last edited:
Yes, they have an expiration date, but they don't really "expire" on that date. It just simply means that the tickets, if presented after the expiration date, have to be paid up to the current value of the ticket....no more "value-bridging" of the tickets.

For example...you buy a 4 day MYW ticket today from Disney, which is $350 + tax. It carries an expiration date of 12/31/18. You don't make it to Disney until 6/1/19. The same tickets are now $370+tax. You would have to pay the $20+tax difference to make the ticket current and usable.
I did not know that. I thought the new ones really expired on the expiration date. This is a lot more 'friendly'.

I did not know that. I thought the new ones really expired on the expiration date. This is a lot more 'friendly'.
Yup.
It is unusual for Disney to offer zero value for purchased but unused tickets.

Last edited:
Maybe an error-but I got the 1% cash back from Ebates when I bought tix from UT prior to price increase. Granted it isn't much at 1% but still - there's a whole thread on the Budget board about going on trips with "found" money :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter