~Project Runway Season Season 8 Thread Spoilers Welcome~

Ivy's design is the most boring thing I've ever seen on PR
Dont like her-at all
Cant see her doing a collection:sad2:

It's Fashion Week and the runway show was today, I think. Pictures of the designer's clothes were on the Road Runner home page. Of course, a lot of the designers were shown, so as not to give away the top three.

I HATE to say it, but I thought the prettiest were Ivy's....they looked very wearable, which means she can't possibly win.

I finally watched all of last week's show. Michael's C. outfit looked like a Disco halloween costume that you'd buy at Party City for $19.99. Mondo should have received immunity for having to sew with that horrible fabric.

So wanted to see Ivy go. She's getting past annoying. At least Gretchen didn't seem so icy last night. I loved how she told Mondo that he took it up a notch from his idea of vacation wear.

And I didn't mind April for the win. But then again something like that can be seen any Saturday on the LI beaches.

:scared1:
Best reason EVER that that was NOT high fashion!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist picking on lonGUYland!! :laughing:

I'm extremely frustrated because my DVR decided not to tell me about a scheduling conflict and I only caught this week's episode once they started the runway show. But I still have lots of opinions (as always)...

First, I'm tired of April. She can go home. You can't keep saying you have "an aesthetic" as a substitute for saying "I make black clothes." Big yawn.

I thought the judges did very well this week. I thought Valerie's tailored boring look looked better than Gretchen's too big boho look. But whatever. I think Andy got to stay because he's done good work before - because his outfit was definitely more J Lo than Jackie O. And it was SO poorly sewn. I didn't think Michael D's outfit was that bad from the waist up. But neither of them were appropriate for the challenge.

Mondo was so ridiculously the only choice for a winner. Ivy's looked so much better before the jacket (am I right in assuming that was an added twist later?) but it was still really safe.

I guess I also didn't understand the challenge criteria? Sportswear right? I didn't realize cocktail dresses were considered sportswear?

Yay for Mondo! He was due.

I knew Michael D was getting the auf. It was a weak look. SO many weak looks this weak. Seems like Mondo was the only good one.

I am getting so tired of listening to Gretchen bash the other "lesser" designers for having "no taste" "no design aesthetic" blah blah blah. SHE ISN"T A JUDGE! She isn't Tim Gunn. She's just an over bearing know-it-all.

Am I crazy (well I know I'm crazy) or didn't the ads for this weeks episode show something about someone stealing another designers look?

Mondo was definitely the only one who got it right this week...glad he won the challenge.

Yes, the jacket (it was actually to add "outerwear") was an added twist after they had already designed and sewed. That's why some of them struggled to put a jacket over what they had already designed. Valerie originally had a jacket and skirt, so she came up with the vest to go over it (even though she kept calling the jacket a blouse). I really liked Christopher's dress, but the thing he put over it - Heidi hit it right on the head when she said it looked like a dirty rug :rotfl2:

Yay for Mondo! He was due.

I knew Michael D was getting the auf. It was a weak look. SO many weak looks this weak. Seems like Mondo was the only good one.

I am getting so tired of listening to Gretchen bash the other "lesser" designers for having "no taste" "no design aesthetic" blah blah blah. SHE ISN"T A JUDGE! She isn't Tim Gunn. She's just an over bearing know-it-all.

Agree Agree Agree! Okay Jennasis seriously on 95% of threads I read that you've commented on I just want to quote and say yeah what she said as she is right and it feels like we share the same mind hahaha

Christopher's dress was really nice but the shawl thing that he made just seemed like a let down. But did anyone else question how that "shawl" cost $150....that is how much they had to spend. It was just such a let down with that dress.

Yea, Mondo was the only one who understood the challenge. God help us viewers! That means we have to sit thru trainwreck after trainwreck week after week.:lmao:

Poor Micheal, I swear Tim's voice cracked when he was sending him home. He tried to tell him that skirt was hideous.

Christopher's dress was really nice but the shawl thing that he made just seemed like a let down. But did anyone else question how that "shawl" cost $150....that is how much they had to spend. It was just such a let down with that dress.

Huh....what an interesting thought. It was a total clash. He really blew it.

Am I the only one who didn't like Mondo's "outfit"? The top was great, the skirt was great, but together? Please! Jackie O would never have put those together! Now, maybe he was the only one who could have won - there were so many disasters.

I am absolutely appalled that Andy wasn't gone. What the heck did he make? Michael may have made a lousy skirt, but Andy's pants were hideous.

Obviously I'll never be a fashionista! :rotfl:

Could this be a finale spoiler???

From: http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/....project.runway.ppl/index.html?iref=allsearch

(An excerpt from a People magazine article)

With celebs like Jordin Sparks and Jamie-Lynn Sigler looking on, the contestants put forth a variety of designs. Mondo's collection was full of pink and polka dots, while Gretchen went with more muted tones. Valerie's playful dresses and vests were right out of a Katy Perry video, and her pal Ivy presented a beach-inspired collection. Andy, April, Casanova, Christopher, Michael C. and Michael D. shared their lines, as well.

That's 4 specific mentions... there's always been 4 to make finale collections for fashion week.

Thoughts?

P.S. - I know they have 10 designers show at Fashion Week b/c of the time frame of the show's release to the finale.

I thought the judges were pretty harsh this week. Maybe not harsh as much as rude. They were laughing at some of them. It's one thing to roughly critique an outfit, but they took it to a personal level which I thought was just uncalled for.

But yes, Mondo was the clear winner. It seems most everyone had trouble with the twist. Two of the top 3 had a great outfit, but then the outerwear was terrible.

That's funny because they always show her talking to several of the other designers and critiquing and advising just like Tim Gunn. Every week! I always say to myself, "oh there's Gretchen playing Tim Gunn again." :laughing:

Yea, Mondo was the only one who understood the challenge. God help us viewers! That means we have to sit thru trainwreck after trainwreck week after week.:lmao:

Yes Mondo got it, I think why is because on the Resort wear he went on & on about how his own resort wear is his undies, well the judges said that is no excuse. So Sportswear might not be his design thing but he knew he had to buck up & do what the challenge was & yet he still stayed true to himself.

What I do not get is in past seasons for the most part the designers tried to stick with the main part of the challenge. And you can not tell me that they didn't stray from their own tastes or style.

Kae

Am I crazy (well I know I'm crazy) or didn't the ads for this weeks episode show something about someone stealing another designers look?

Yes! the teaser had Tim Gunn saying something about "an allegation of cheating," and I watched for that but didn't see it! In fact, I ran through the episode again on my TiVo this morning, thinking I had just missed it! I hate the Lifetime promos though -- they're all dramatic and mysterious. Anybody else bothered by the missing cheating scene?

If you are Tim Gunn fans, like him on Facebook and he will keep you up to date on his appearances around the country.
He is the Chief Creative Officer for Liz Claiborne, and they tour in spring and fall promoting their brands.
My BIL works for him, so when they are doing a fashion show within driving distance we go to see them. They are a lot of fun, highly recommend.
Tim is just as he seems on Project Runway, very nice man. Never heard a negative word come out of his mouth yet.
He is currently on a book tour to promote his new book.

scan0006.jpg

Chim-that is SO cool! I love Timm

Alas, i USED to be a huge Liz fan-and maybe its what the buyers at my Dept Store purchase-i just dont like the clothes the last couple years

I go more Lauren (Ralph Lauren), Calvin Klein and Jones New york

Andy's pants were UNBELIEVAVLE FOR THIS CHALLENGE

-no way JackieO would have worn that-she was classic Ralph Lauren , to me

I thought the judges were pretty harsh this week. Maybe not harsh as much as rude. They were laughing at some of them. It's one thing to roughly critique an outfit, but they took it to a personal level which I thought was just uncalled for.

I thought so too. Heidi and Michael Kors were just being plain mean.

I'm glad Mondo won. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter