Product Warning - Disney Floral and Gifts

So, you're saying the cancer warning isn't normal? I live in California. It's everywhere. Do other states not do carcinogen warnings?

Was browsing some gift options on the Disney Floral and Gifts website -- to surprise my son with on an upcoming Disneyland vacation (our first time!) -- and came across this odd warning connected to the Star Tours Back Pack, "WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm." What is up with this .....and why do they even have it on their website for sale ? I've never seen anything like this before.
View attachment 379234

The warning is even on the entrance to the parks.

I can’t speak for the entire country, but I’ve lived in or visited 5 states other than California that I remember, and not a single one has any sort of cancer warnings anywhere. The exception is on stuff that is also sold in California. I think it’s just California...
So, you're saying the cancer warning isn't normal? I live in California. It's everywhere. Do other states not do carcinogen warnings?

You will see that warning everywhere, including in your hotel room. There are warnings on so many things in Califorornia.

Lots of California hate in here! Honestly, I've lived here my entire life and I barely notice these signs anymore.

More like California amusement. We moved out of CA a decade ago and we always like sending pictures to our family of things we buy in TX that will cause cancer only in CA or are banned (disposable placemats, straws).

More like California amusement. We moved out of CA a decade ago and we always like sending pictures to our family of things we buy in TX that will cause cancer only in CA or are banned (disposable placemats, straws).
Straws are not banned in CA, nor are placemats.

Straws are not banned in CA, nor are placemats.

True, "banned" is too strong a term. We have relatives in select cities where they cannot get straws in restaurants and we're unable to ship certain plastic items to CA addresses if ordered on Amazon, for example. It's all more in jest, given the unique legislation that CA can have.

True, "banned" is too strong a term. We have relatives in select cities where they cannot get straws in restaurants and we're unable to ship certain plastic items to CA addresses if ordered on Amazon, for example. It's all more in jest, given the unique legislation that CA can have.
Yes, CA requires the patrons of table service restaurants to request a straw. Just like when we are in a drought, restaurants don't serve water unless it is requested. There are a few cities (mainly San Francisco area) that have banned plastic ware, but morst places there have moved to other forms of disposable to go products. While I am older, I do understand these and I try to help with the recycling ideas now.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter