princess weekend 10k men

msushaner

Earning My Ears
Hi I've searched on here and couldn't find a thread on the topic. Im a fairly fast runner 3:01 marathon and done many workouts running under 40 for a 10k. Ive actually never ran a 10k all out and feel i would be pushing 35-36mins. This would put me ahead of female runners. This past year a guy won the 10k. Is it frowned upon for men to win princess weekend races. My wife is doing the half marathon that weekend hopefully and my kids are the doing the kids races, i did the half marathon this past january and enjoyed the experience. I like not having to wait in line for photo ops with characters. But I could've swore i heard about a guy getting bashed my women winning a disney race. Any truth to that???? Thanks for replies.

I think if you look at most races, Disney or no, the top time is generally a male. That's why they usually "crown" a male and female champion. The overall winner is not the male, but they specify overall male and female. Two different categories.

As for backlash regarding males specifically winning Disney races, I've never heard of this. Princess I can sort of understand because it's notionally targeting females (arguably), but let's be honest here - anyone can enjoy princesses. It's not a testament to one's masculinity or femininity (or lack of either). If you want to run princess, go for it. If you think you can win it, more power to you! (By the way... 3:01 is not fairly fast... it's just plain fast!)

I've never run Princess so I may not know what I'm talking about but...

I don't think they've worried as much about a male winner of the 10k but as I recall they do try to have a female overall winner of the half. I *think* that men cannot start in the A corral for the half in an attempt to try and ensure this result. But I don't think they handicap male participants for the shorter races.

I've never run Princess so I may not know what I'm talking about but...

I don't think they've worried as much about a male winner of the 10k but as I recall they do try to have a female overall winner of the half. I *think* that men cannot start in the A corral for the half in an attempt to try and ensure this result. But I don't think they handicap male participants for the shorter races.
In 2018 they allowed men to win the half overall for the first time. In 2019 a woman won it overall.

I'm not 100% sure, but in the past only women were allowed in the "A" corral in the half marathon. Don't know about the 10k:

screenshot-noguiltlife.com-2017-02-07-11-44-45.png

But that changed in 2018, as you can see the corrals in 2019 did not have that stipulation.

2B646684-AF95-45BB-B48A-3381201D9299-e1548976767188.jpeg

From memory, I also believe men were ineligible to receive any awards (age group or top overall) at the Princess HM up until 2018 as well. But that has changed as well in case you were wondering about an award of some type.

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 3.40.13 PM.png

In 2018 they allowed men to win the half overall for the first time. In 2019 a woman won it overall.

Good to know, Ryan. So do they let them start in A or it was just that they were able to overcome the handicap of starting in B? do you know?

ETA: DopeyBadger was answering as I typed. :D

Either way, I don't really care. I'm not invested in whether or not a man or woman wins the race

Good to know, Ryan. So do they let them start in A or it was just that they were able to overcome the handicap of starting in B? do you know?

ETA: DopeyBadger was answering as I typed. :D

Either way, I don't really care. I'm not invested in whether or not a man or woman wins the race
Yeah in 2018 they allowed men in A. Still very much a women populated race. I don’t think anything changed with that demographic when they changed it.

Wow yeah thanks again for the replies. I thought I read something years ago where a guy ran the half and got basically mulled off the course when he was about to win and when I saw the results from this past year I was shocked to see two men go 1-2 in the 10k.

Just interested in 10k as I have to watch the kids when wife does the half. I loved the half for the opportunity to be with many charecters and no lines for them. Also the only minus for the half was no world showcase and the 10k would give me that opportunity and also neat running around the Epcot deluxes. And with new charecters hopefully I’m guessing princesses.

From memory, I also believe men were ineligible to receive any awards (age group or top overall) at the Princess HM up until 2018 as well. But that has changed as well in case you were wondering about an award of some type.

View attachment 392289
I posted this question in the Star Wars thread: Is it top 3 in each age category or top 5? I searched but could not find anything for the Star Wars races. Where did you find this for Princess?

I posted this question in the Star Wars thread: Is it top 3 in each age category or top 5? I searched but could not find anything for the Star Wars races. Where did you find this for Princess?
If it’s same as marathon weekend and princess then it’s top 3 in each age for 10k. For full marathon it’s 5.

Is it frowned upon for men to win princess weekend races.

No. I think that most athletes know that men win athletic events over women quite often. Don’t worry about a fact of life like that.

I thought I read something years ago where a guy ran the half and got basically mulled off the course when he was about to win and when I saw the results from this past year I was shocked to see two men go 1-2 in the 10k.

I’ve never heard this story

But it’s not an issue with Princess anymore.

This might take you to 2018 princess event guide winner info. http://rodale-usa.instantmagazine.com/rundisney/dwphm022318#!/post-race

If it’s same as marathon weekend and princess then it’s top 3 in each age for 10k. For full marathon it’s 5.

Correct. The HM is Top 5 for AG as well.

https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/star-wars-rival-run-weekend/runner-info/

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 6.37.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 6.37.43 AM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter