Princess Caitlin pre trip August '10 costarring dawnbu40

Sorry to hear that a second Disney store in your area is closing :( It does however save me a lot of money not having one close any longer , cause I'm not much of an online shopper either , so then in turn I get to save all my money I would have spent at the store throughout the year on my actual trip :)

How cool that you will be able to get a celebrate button for volunteering :thumbsup2

Hi Dawn and Caitlin! Very cool that Disney is doing the pins for volunteering..sorry your Disney store is closing though, that bites! On the other hand..you may be able to get some great deals right before it does..lol. I also wanted to thank you again for the Big Give pressies..Piper uses the message board on a daily basis, and right now is using it for another Disney countdown..ie.. 50 Days 'til Disney! For anyone that didn't catch it on my thread, here are a couple of pics of the wonderful things Dawn and Caitlin sent for Piper and I...

BigGive005.jpg

Allpics182.jpg

Thank you all so much!! :hug:

I know a couple posts ago we told you how Disney closed our closest stores and now we have to drive about 20 minutes to get to one....Well, last night I got an email from the Disney Store informing us that they are closing that store :eek: I am so bummed! When we go there we are at least able to get a little of that "Disney feel" and now it's leaving :sad2: (I also like to go there before our trips and get Disney Dollars) They suggested we visit their other Michigan location that is over an hour away! That's not gonna happen. I do plan to call them once a week and check on the current % off so we can stock up before they leave ;)

In other Disney news-I know several of you are thinking of doing the "Give a Day" volunteering. I just saw a posting on the Disney website of a special "celebration" pin you can pick up that says something to the effect of "Celebrating Voluntearing". Wearing the celebration pins is fun and attracts special attention from the CMs so if you aren't celebrating anything else this would be a fun thing to celebrate.:) I'm sure we will be getting those!

We received the same email as our local Disney store is closing.
I'm so bummed as this was a great place to just wander into and get a smile on your face.
I was extremely excited when I heard of the new renovations coming to the Disney Stores with RFID technology and merchandise that reacts to things in the stores.
But apparently we won't get to experience it.
:sad1:

Bummer about the TWO stores closing!!! Our closest malls are both about 45 mins away and it's one of the harder parts of living in the boonies for me. I get an email about a good sale and I know I'm not going to make a trip just to browse. I do take advantage of Phoebe's therapy and doc appts though, because they are "in town" so I always plan side trips while we're up there. Maybe they will reduce their online shipping charges? Or up their supplies in Target and WalMart type stores?

That's awesome!

I'm definitely thinking about doing a volunteer day. It's also nice to actually celebrate something - I feel bad when I get asked the question and my answer is "sorry, I'm not celebrating anything". LOL!!! I feel like i should make up something. :lmao:

I feel the same way! I always feel out of the loop if I say we aren't celebrating anything :rotfl:

Sorry to hear that a second Disney store in your area is closing :( It does however save me a lot of money not having one close any longer , cause I'm not much of an online shopper either , so then in turn I get to save all my money I would have spent at the store throughout the year on my actual trip :)

How cool that you will be able to get a celebrate button for volunteering :thumbsup2

I don't like online shopping either. I'd rather go to a real store! :laughing: So you're right it just means more Disney shopping on our trip! :thumbsup2

Thank you all so much!! :hug:

Thanks for re-posting the pics of Piper! :goodvibes She is a :cutie: and we are so happy she liked the gifts! You are both very welcome!:goodvibes

We received the same email as our local Disney store is closing.
I'm so bummed as this was a great place to just wander into and get a smile on your face.
I was extremely excited when I heard of the new renovations coming to the Disney Stores with RFID technology and merchandise that reacts to things in the stores.
But apparently we won't get to experience it.
:sad1:

Don't the new stores sound amazing?! You know with Steve Jobs involved they will be incredible! I haven't really heard though if they are closing some and then re-doing the existing ones or opening more stores? I'm sure when they are finished though it will be worth a special trip to check em out!

Bummer about the TWO stores closing!!! Our closest malls are both about 45 mins away and it's one of the harder parts of living in the boonies for me. I get an email about a good sale and I know I'm not going to make a trip just to browse. I do take advantage of Phoebe's therapy and doc appts though, because they are "in town" so I always plan side trips while we're up there. Maybe they will reduce their online shipping charges? Or up their supplies in Target and WalMart type stores?

45 minutes from a mall? :scared1: That would drive us crazy :rotfl: Disney is offering a 15% discount, on purchases over $50 and free shipping on those purchases, but I'm not a fan of shopping online. Well unless the bargain is too good to refuse ;)

So far we have shared our shopping, Big Give and blanket making experiences with you but we haven't done too much trip planning. Our adr date isn't until March but we did decided on a special experience that Caitlin is going to try.

Caitlin has wanted to try a Segway tour for a long time but I always thought it was on the pricey side. I just learned though that there is another Segway "tour". Everyday at 11:30 they offer a class called "Simply Segway" in Epcot. The experience lasts an hour. The first half hour is a video and training on how to use the Segway. The second half hour is spent riding around the rose garden. I like that while she is on the Segway I can be snapping pics of her. The other Segway class is before the park opens so pics wouldn't be possible. I also like the price. It is normally $35 but since we have AAA it's only $30 :thumbsup2 (you know I love a bargain ;)) Caitlin had hoped her dad would join her for the class but he said he'd rather spend his $30 on Grey Goose Slushies :lmao:

So there you have it. The first of our Sept plans.

Oh fun! I've never tried those either. They look like they require balance. I LOVE that they are doing it in the rose garden. Gorgeous backdrop!!!

Hmmmmmm.....grey goose slushies.......simply segway????:confused3 That's a tough decision. I could go either way on that one!

ps..... I noticed that you just said you joined AAA. For what its worth, I have a great AAA agent that I use when I'm not booking DVC or when I need a night on either side. If you ever need a really good AAA agent, pm me and I will give you her name. She is totally up to date on all the codes and discounts. Plus, if you decide to get the AAA visa you will earn rebate certificates that can be used towards trips and tickets.

Hmmmmmm.....grey goose slushies.......simply segway????:confused3 That's a tough decision. I could go either way on that one!

It was actually an easy decision for Dale :lmao: Sitting in the shade with a GG slushie easily beats Segway riding in the heat :laughing:

Oh fun! I've never tried those either. They look like they require balance. I LOVE that they are doing it in the rose garden. Gorgeous backdrop!!!

I don't think I would have the balance to be able to use a Segway that's why I'll play photographer :rotfl: I agree that pics in the rose garden should be beautiful!

When Caitlin turns 21 she'll understand completely why her dad choose grey goose slushies over segway...it will only take one and I'm sure she'll be no different than the rest of us, she'll be hooked. I've already warned the kids that I will be stopping for at least 2 when we're there.:lmao:

When Caitlin turns 21 she'll understand completely why her dad choose grey goose slushies over segway...it will only take one and I'm sure she'll be no different than the rest of us, she'll be hooked. I've already warned the kids that I will be stopping for at least 2 when we're there.:lmao:

:rotfl2:

Ohh..the Segway lesson does sound fun, but I'm one of the unbalanced ones. The Grey Goose slushies sound good too though, have seen a lot of people mention them. I always feel too guilty to drink around Piper, but I did seriously consider doing HDDR just for the included Sangria! :lmao:

I just found your PTR, I was drawn in with your mention of the HP portion of your trip. We're going in October so we're just a little behind you. Haven't decided if we're going to Universal, but will love to read about your plans. I was just going to lurk but your mention of the Segway Tours and I had to jump in. We did the World Showcase Tour in May and we LOVED it. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to balance and would spend a lot of time falling off. It is amazingly easy to get used to how it works. The only thing that I will caution you about is that only getting to tour around for a half hour will just seem really short. I guess that will just give you something to plan on doing on your next trip. I would suggest that both you and your husband try the Segways out at Innoventions. You can do a test run completely inside on the training course. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can.

Jane

Ohh..the Segway lesson does sound fun, but I'm one of the unbalanced ones. The Grey Goose slushies sound good too though, have seen a lot of people mention them. I always feel too guilty to drink around Piper, but I did seriously consider doing HDDR just for the included Sangria! :lmao:

My dad loves Epcot and drinking around the World I think that is the only reason he says yes to these Disney trips :lmao: HDDR was very cute the last time we saw it. We went with my grandma for Christmas a year ago and she loved the Sangria!

I just found your PTR, I was drawn in with your mention of the HP portion of your trip. We're going in October so we're just a little behind you. Haven't decided if we're going to Universal, but will love to read about your plans. I was just going to lurk but your mention of the Segway Tours and I had to jump in. We did the World Showcase Tour in May and we LOVED it. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to balance and would spend a lot of time falling off. It is amazingly easy to get used to how it works. The only thing that I will caution you about is that only getting to tour around for a half hour will just seem really short. I guess that will just give you something to plan on doing on your next trip. I would suggest that both you and your husband try the Segways out at Innoventions. You can do a test run completely inside on the training course. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can.

Jane

I am so excited about the new HP world!:wizard: Also the last time we went we found out our dog was injured while we were at the Studios portion so we didn't get to explore it as much as I would have liked. I am looking forward to trying it out again. I have wanted to do the Epcot segway tour but I am the only one in my family that wants to do it so we thought with this tour my mom can take pictures and my dad can drink grey goose slushies. :lmao:

I was just reading an article on upcoming Disney rehabs and the overhaul of Fantasyland and I read they aren't closing Toon Town til "Fall 2010". I'm not a huge fan of the area but I am hoping they don't close it until after our trip. It's been there Caitlin's whole life so I'd like her to see it one last time.

In other rehab news..... I am so excited to hear that Muppetvision is getting a refurb! I read they are also upgrading the theater to Disney Digital. So even if they don't get a new movie, the old one should look a lot better! :thumbsup2 The article I read didn't have a date for this so I'm crossing my fingers it's done by September::yes::

Ohh..I'm glad they're not closing ToonTown until fall, I was worried it may be down during our trip, and I wanted Piper to see it. Hopefully Muppetvision won't be..I want to see that, lol.

Ohh..I'm glad they're not closing ToonTown until fall, I was worried it may be down during our trip, and I wanted Piper to see it. Hopefully Muppetvision won't be..I want to see that, lol.

I did think of you two when I read the castle is being worked on and may have scaffolding (etc) on it until the end of March :mad: I was paying attention to March because Caitlin and I have...ssshh this is a secret....:rolleyes1 we have been looking at taking a trip for her Spring Break. She is off the first week of March and Caitlin was super excited when she realized that overlaps with your trip. HOWEVER....It all depends on our taxes. If they come out at least near last year's we will be taking a girls trip and we're trying to convince my mom to go again too. Of course this is all up in the air but we are really HOPING! (the Dis needs a fingers crossed smilie)

Okay, can I just say..that would be soooo AWESOME! Sorry, I'll contain my excitement now ;) Seriously, we would love that but I completely understand the tax situation. I have to admit, I am bummed about the scaffolding around the Castle, I had read about it a couple of weeks ago. I wish they were doing the backside while we were there instead of the front. That being said, the trip will be wonderful regardless, and I'm hoping we'll still be able to see the front somewhat? I just don't know. Now..ermm..when do you get your taxes done? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter