Princess Caitlin pre trip August '10 costarring dawnbu40

Hey girls,

Great start...loved the intro's and now I know why we get along so well PC...Belle and Beauty and the Beast are my fav's too!!! Great minds think alike.

Love the ornaments, the price difference between the Canadian Hallmark stores and the US stores is about $5 an ornament, so we have started an annual trip in mid-November and I pick up all my ornaments there...great choices ladies....and love the t-shirt!!

You guys are gonna have so much fun!!! I can't wait to hear more...I subscribed before I started reading....;) I thought of you this morning when Jasmine and I were going over our plans so I could start writing out PTR tomorrow and we were talking about Wolfgang Pucks...we're definitely going again!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to hear about and see the blankets!!:woohoo:

Hey girls,

Great start...loved the intro's and now I know why we get along so well PC...Belle and Beauty and the Beast are my fav's too!!! Great minds think alike.

Love the ornaments, the price difference between the Canadian Hallmark stores and the US stores is about $5 an ornament, so we have started an annual trip in mid-November and I pick up all my ornaments there...great choices ladies....and love the t-shirt!!

You guys are gonna have so much fun!!! I can't wait to hear more...I subscribed before I started reading....;) I thought of you this morning when Jasmine and I were going over our plans so I could start writing out PTR tomorrow and we were talking about Wolfgang Pucks...we're definitely going again!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to hear about and see the blankets!!:woohoo:

Belle is the best princess :) Although it took a while for Beauty and the Beast to grow on me because when I was little I always thought Belle should have ended up with Gaston since he was cuter :lmao:

You need to get Jasmine to sign up for the DIS!

I am so glad you two enjoyed Wolfgang Pucks! I am looking forward to going back too! It's been way too long!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Hi ladies:

Love your recent purchases! Cute shirt Caitlin. The ornaments are a great deal! Love it!

How did the blanket making go today?

Hi ladies:

Love your recent purchases! Cute shirt Caitlin. The ornaments are a great deal! Love it!

How did the blanket making go today?

Hi MaryEllen! You know we love a bargain so we couldn't pass up Disney ornaments at 75% off :rotfl: We had already bought several at half off so our tree should be really filled next year :) The blanket making went pretty well and after I get some pics of the finished product I will update

The other day I read that today is Prince Caspian's last day at DHS. Since he made such a good impression on us :lovestruc I thought it was only fitting to give him a proper "farewell".

The first time we visited the handsome prince was last December on our "girl's trip" with my mom. My mom has a bad ankle, and ended up spending that trip in a wheelchair, and trying to push her into Caspian's forest was quite an adventure in and of itself :laughing: Anyway, once we finally made our way into his forest and looked up at him it was love at first sight for 3 generations :love: He was very soft spoken and charming and all around dreamy! Unfortunately, the computer that held pics of that trip died and so I don't have any pics of that meeting :rolleyes:

We were however, lucky enough to meet Caspian again last May. He was just as charming as we remembered although Dale seemed oblivious to his charm :rotfl: (Caitlin wants me to tell you that it was extremely hot that day and her hair usually looks much better :laughing:)

Some memories of Prince Caspian....

Welcoming Caitlin to his forest
DSC_0617.jpg

Asking the princess her name...
DSC_0618.jpg

The pose(her expression cracks me up)
DSC_0620.jpg

So Prince Caspian thanks for the memories! ;) We'll miss you!

Okay..I have to say..the weather wasn't the only thing that was hot that day! :lmao: I loved the Chronicles, but Piper hasn't started reading them yet, maybe this summer when she has less school reading to do.

Caitlin...I thought your hair looked cute...but then again my idea of high maintenance is taking a blow dryer to my bangs. ;)

Okay..I have to say..the weather wasn't the only thing that was hot that day! :lmao: I loved the Chronicles, but Piper hasn't started reading them yet, maybe this summer when she has less school reading to do.

Caitlin...I thought your hair looked cute...but then again my idea of high maintenance is taking a blow dryer to my bangs. ;)

We always got extremely lucky when it came to meeting Prince Caspian I have seen a couple not so hot ones in other trip reports

I feel bad to admit it but I never read the books :sad2: Idk why but when it came to this series I was just a movie person

Thank you :) I am not looking forward to September just for the frizzy hair and sweaty non make up look :rotfl:

Great send off...Caitlin's expression cracks me up!!!

I didn't even realize I was making such a goofy expression :lmao:

Also one thing my my mom forgot to mention was after we saw a preview for the Prince of Persia movie who is played by Jake Gyllenhaal :lovestruc I said I hope they put him at DHS! Next thing ya know Prince Caspian is leaving maybe I will get my wish after all....

So yesterday was the day we were "supposed" to make our blankets for the Linus Project. I say "supposed to" because my overly ambitious daughter made hers on Wednesday. This was beneficial though because we had never tried making no-sew blankets before and it was nice that someone knew what we were doing :lmao: (plus we only had to make 2)

So what is Project Linus?
We were completely unfamiliar with the organization before seeing it as a volunteer opportunity on Disney's "Give a Day" website. I went to their website and this is what I found....
According to their website, since 1995 over 3 million blankets have been made for and given to kids who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need. Pretty cool huh?!

How Project Linus Started
On Christmas Eve, 1995, an article titled “Joy to the World” appeared in Parade Magazine. It was written by Pulitzer Prize winning photo-journalist, Eddie Adams. Part of the article featured a petite, downy haired child. She had been going through intensive chemotherapy and stated that her security blanket helped her get through the treatments. After reading the article, Karen Loucks decided to provide homemade security blankets to Denver’s Rocky Mountain Children’s Cancer Center, and Project Linus was born.

Their website gives instructions for 2 different kinds of no-sew blankets. We chose the style that has 2 layers of fleece so they would be "extra cozy". We found it was much more economical to purchase the kits at JoAnne's,rather than the fleece from the bolt, because the kits were on sale half off.

Here are some pics of our handiwork....

a work in progress
blaneys142.jpg

the finished products
blankets009.jpg

Caitlin sat down for a pic and Riley had to get in on the act
blankets005.jpg

then Riley decided it was time for a little smooch :rotfl:
blankets004.jpg

So there you have it. We have completed our service project for the Disney program and now just have to arrange to deliver the blankets. The drop off is near Caitlin's college campus (it's a 20 minute commute) so we'll arrange for her to deliver them on a day she has classes. It appears the "Give a Day" program is going to be a huge success because when I heard from the local Project Linus they had already heard from 600+ families! :cool1: I am so looking forward to hearing just how many worthwhile causes benefit from Disney's promotion of volunteerism! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing what Project Linus is all about!! There is nothing more heartbreaking than a sick child, my girlfriend lost her daughter when she was just over a month old, then 8 months later her nephew passed away at the age of 6 from a brain tumor. My heart ached for both Lynn and Leanne when they lost their children.

Taking time out of our busy schedules to do for others is the best feeling in the world isn't it? Great job you guys. The pictures are beautiful...love the smooching one:lmao:

Thanks for sharing what Project Linus is all about!! There is nothing more heartbreaking than a sick child, my girlfriend lost her daughter when she was just over a month old, then 8 months later her nephew passed away at the age of 6 from a brain tumor. My heart ached for both Lynn and Leanne when they lost their children.

Taking time out of our busy schedules to do for others is the best feeling in the world isn't it? Great job you guys. The pictures are beautiful...love the smooching one:lmao:

How awful for your friend. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child. Two years ago a family from our church lost a 3 month old. That was the most heart-wrenching funeral I have ever attended.

On a lighter note....we do love volunteering! In fact Caitlin was VP of Philanthropy for her student org until just being elected President :cool1: As a family we do the Relay for Life and Caitlin is also mentoring new teams and working with the principal of her old high school trying to get them onboard :)

As for Riley it was so funny how she wanted to jump in the picture and then kissed Caitlin! :rotfl2:

They turned out great! It didn't look too hard either. I think maybe even I could do them!:lmao:

If we can make them, then trust me, anyone can :rotfl: We are seriously crafting-impaired! :laughing:

The blankets came out great, guys! Dawn, you take really good pictures, though I'm sure having a beautiful daughter helps ;) I love the one with Riley kissing you, Caitlin, your face is just lit up with your laughter!

The blankets came out great, guys! Dawn, you take really good pictures, though I'm sure having a beautiful daughter helps ;) I love the one with Riley kissing you, Caitlin, your face is just lit up with your laughter!

Thank you!

We actually went out today and got some supplies so we can make a blanket to auction off for the Relay for Life (since it's for the American Cancer Society we bought fabric with the breast cancer ribbon on it) I also bought some fabric so I can make my own Winnie the Pooh blanket :)

Riley is my fur baby and she always makes me crack up. It was cute after we took the picture my mom decided I should switch poses so she said "Pose" and Riley rolled onto her back and put her paws up in the air :laughing:

Very cool that you're continuing with the blankets! And too funny about Riley striking a pose when your Mom said that :lol:. I grew up with a dog and a cat, (both lived around 20 yrs) and my mom has always had a dog since then as well, it's hard now sometimes not having a furbaby, but Piper's health is more important. I keep thinking one day I'm just going to say the **** with it and get one anyway, just making sure it's a hypoallergenic breed, but I know I won't do it. Okay, sorry for the hijack! Pooh is one of my favorites (classic pooh anyway), but Piper is so over him! I don't know what to do about that girl sometimes! *laughing*

The blankets look like they turned out really well and the pictures of your Doggy & Catlin showing them off are adorable :)

Very cool that you're continuing with the blankets! And too funny about Riley striking a pose when your Mom said that :lol:. I grew up with a dog and a cat, (both lived around 20 yrs) and my mom has always had a dog since then as well, it's hard now sometimes not having a furbaby, but Piper's health is more important. I keep thinking one day I'm just going to say the **** with it and get one anyway, just making sure it's a hypoallergenic breed, but I know I won't do it. Okay, sorry for the hijack! Pooh is one of my favorites (classic pooh anyway), but Piper is so over him! I don't know what to do about that girl sometimes! *laughing*

Pets are great (albeit a lot of extra work!) but keeping her healthy is your top job so it's totally understandable! We should actually have a hypoallergenic breed since Dale has asthma but we that hasn't happened :rolleyes1

It seems like kids go through a phase where characters like Pooh become too baby-ish to them but then they hit the teen years and they become cool again :laughing: so just give her a couple years and she'll be a fan again :)

I know a couple posts ago we told you how Disney closed our closest stores and now we have to drive about 20 minutes to get to one....Well, last night I got an email from the Disney Store informing us that they are closing that store :eek: I am so bummed! When we go there we are at least able to get a little of that "Disney feel" and now it's leaving :sad2: (I also like to go there before our trips and get Disney Dollars) They suggested we visit their other Michigan location that is over an hour away! That's not gonna happen. I do plan to call them once a week and check on the current % off so we can stock up before they leave ;)

In other Disney news-I know several of you are thinking of doing the "Give a Day" volunteering. I just saw a posting on the Disney website of a special "celebration" pin you can pick up that says something to the effect of "Celebrating Voluntearing". Wearing the celebration pins is fun and attracts special attention from the CMs so if you aren't celebrating anything else this would be a fun thing to celebrate.:) I'm sure we will be getting those!

In other Disney news-I know several of you are thinking of doing the "Give a Day" volunteering. I just saw a posting on the Disney website of a special "celebration" pin you can pick up that says something to the effect of "Celebrating Voluntearing". Wearing the celebration pins is fun and attracts special attention from the CMs so if you aren't celebrating anything else this would be a fun thing to celebrate.:) I'm sure we will be getting those!

That's awesome!

I'm definitely thinking about doing a volunteer day. It's also nice to actually celebrate something - I feel bad when I get asked the question and my answer is "sorry, I'm not celebrating anything". LOL!!! I feel like i should make up something. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter