Priceline Express Deals

Used Priceline occasionally before, until I got really burned once, so never again! i spent most of the night trying to get a refund so we could leave , but they would not help At the time. The hotel staff were doing drug deals right outside our door. Finally complain to the BBB. I was persistent, and they refunded our money About a month later.

Used Priceline occasionally before, until I got really burned once, so never again! i spent most of the night trying to get a refund so we could leave , but they would not help At the time. The hotel staff were doing drug deals right outside our door. Finally complain to the BBB. I was persistent, and they refunded our money About a month later.

Sad to hear that happened to you but most the people on this thread love it and have great experience with it.

Sad to hear that happened to you but most the people on this thread love it and have great experience with it.
Fortunately, most of this thread is using Priceline/Hotwire to identify Disney resorts. Much less concern when you have a greater chance of knowing what you are getting ahead of time.

I hope you can find this group very helpful if you ever decide to dip your feet back into Priceline or Hotwire for a Disney trip.

Fortunately, most of this thread is using Priceline/Hotwire to identify Disney resorts. Much less concern when you have a greater chance of knowing what you are getting ahead of time.

I hope you can find this group very helpful if you ever decide to dip your feet back into Priceline or Hotwire for a Disney trip.

I think the chance of booking a bad hotel anywhere is definitely a risk, but is independent of the site you book on. Have to do the research on the area and the specific hotel.

But, as we're all looking for Disney resorts, or at least hotels in the same area - I think the chance of drug deals going down should be very close to zero.
The only risk, IMHO with our pursuit here is booking a resort you didn't expect - and we've brought the risk of that close to zero as well. :)

Im sure its here and I cant find it - thinking of booking a transparent deal through priceline for now (free cancellation till one week before trip so im hoping for better deal or hotel etc) at Animal Kingdom but need 3 adults 1 child in the room. Is that possible ? Many thanks

Ugh! That's terrible! I never use PL unless I am 95%+ sure of what I'm going to get. I used to use the bidding side but I've transitioned over to the Express Deals for that very reason.

That being said, I had two bad experiences both nearly 20 years ago. We drove from Syracuse NY to Orlando one year after visiting family. I grabbed a PL hotel in Fayetteville and it was a DUMP! My first clue was when the night clerk was pleasantly surprised when our credit card went through. The room smelled, the carpet was wet and the door didn't lock! We only had the flip lock to keep us safe. I tried to change rooms but they were full. It was very late and we just made do with the room and got out as soon as we could in the morning. I did complain to PL because the hotel was NOT a 3* and they refund my money. The second disappointing experience was in Orlando. I had scored the Maingate Lakeside Resort for my mom and sister. It was super cheap but (at the time) pretty nice. I made the same bid for our family and I got the Travelodge (which is now a Holiday Inn). Not only were we 5 miles away from each other, but the Travelodge was pretty worn and dumpy. Not horrible, but not kept up either. I didn't ask for a refund.

Following this thread out of curiosity.. haven’t used PL.. yet..

Some questions pls:
1. Any chance of getting concierge/club level discounts at Disney resorts?
2. How to enter a request for a 5 people party? (It seems limited to 4, right?)
3. Are these deals usually best at last minute (say 8-15 d before) or at 3-6 months (or any other) booking window?
4. Are these usually inventories left right? Meaning, not much hopes for high season (ie New Year’s Eve at Beach club)

thanks!

Following this thread out of curiosity.. haven’t used PL.. yet..

Some questions pls:
1. Any chance of getting concierge/club level discounts at Disney resorts?
2. How to enter a request for a 5 people party? (It seems limited to 4, right?)
3. Are these deals usually best at last minute (say 8-15 d before) or at 3-6 months (or any other) booking window?
4. Are these usually inventories left right? Meaning, not much hopes for high season (ie New Year’s Eve at Beach club)

thanks!
1. Very very little chance. There was a time in the distant past when there was a deal that included dining plan. There was also a set of YC deals a couple of years ago that had "free dining" listed and I suspected might have been CL - but when I pushed the question with Priceline, it turned out it was an error on their part. (They make mistakes with amenities all the time.)
2. On PE they only guarantee room for 2. Because the vast majority of Disney resort rooms cover 4, that's not really an issue. But, IMHO it is much too risky booking a non-refundable deal and hope you get a room that fits 5. On Hotwire, you can add people to your hidden deal search, but they WILL increase the price, sometimes a lot. Still wouldn't book 5 on a hidden deal there - and the better method on HW is too book with 2 and call Disney Wholesale and/or HW to add kids after.

3. Hard to say - both sites sometimes drop deals all the way out to the end of the year. Lately PE is mostly a dead zone, and after a single large drop in the Spring, HW seems to be rolling things out in the 4-8 week time frame.

4. They are not actually left over inventory as I understand it - but blocks of rooms resellers made a deal to sell, and I suppose are trying to unload on the cheap to avoid a loss. (Some, of course, might be direct Disney offerings too.) You'll often find that when Disney doesn't have rooms for a certain resort, there will still be some available on the resellers.

Over the last few years there have been many blocks of deals for high-attendance dates like holidays and school breaks. But, no real patterns I've been able to discern - and believe, me, I've tried. :)

1. Very very little chance. There was a time in the distant past when there was a deal that included dining plan. There was also a set of YC deals a couple of years ago that had "free dining" listed and I suspected might have been CL - but when I pushed the question with Priceline, it turned out it was an error on their part. (They make mistakes with amenities all the time.)
2. On PE they only guarantee room for 2. Because the vast majority of Disney resort rooms cover 4, that's not really an issue. But, IMHO it is much too risky booking a non-refundable deal and hope you get a room that fits 5. On Hotwire, you can add people to your hidden deal search, but they WILL increase the price, sometimes a lot. Still wouldn't book 5 on a hidden deal there - and the better method on HW is too book with 2 and call Disney Wholesale and/or HW to add kids after.

3. Hard to say - both sites sometimes drop deals all the way out to the end of the year. Lately PE is mostly a dead zone, and after a single large drop in the Spring, HW seems to be rolling things out in the 4-8 week time frame.

4. They are not actually left over inventory as I understand it - but blocks of rooms resellers made a deal to sell, and I suppose are trying to unload on the cheap to avoid a loss. (Some, of course, might be direct Disney offerings too.) You'll often find that when Disney doesn't have rooms for a certain resort, there will still be some available on the resellers.

Over the last few years there have been many blocks of deals for high-attendance dates like holidays and school breaks. But, no real patterns I've been able to discern - and believe, me, I've tried. :)
Thanks!

I think this is Coronado springs- $127/night for Labor Day weekend! On Priceline now. Great deal for someone!
I'm pretty sure it is too but every time I try to check out with it it's "sorry this deal is gone" but then will show up again if I refresh the page.

I believe what we're seeing a lot of times are leftover conference room blocks. That was always my theory why Coronado was so frequently featured. Yacht is also a conference hotel. Pop and All Stars host many of the larger sports groups. Just an idea, but it makes the most sense.

I booked a Hotrate hotel and got Pop Century. Unfortunately, I had to cancel. Hotwire was so kind and gave me a credit to use minus a small cancellation fee. I was extremely happy since they have a no cancellation policy.
Now here is my dilemma. I had booked two rooms at Pop Century. And only 1 room was cancelled. The other room is still showing up in my Disney Experience. Hotwire has told me repeatedly not to worry because I already received a refund. Disney tells me to call Hotwire and let them know to cancel it. I have called Disney 3 times about this and Hotwire 4 times. The reservation is still active. I don't know what else to do. Anyone ever have a similar experience? I'm so stressed over it. It is linked to my husband's account and he is going to get a check in text because we had done online check in prior to having to cancel.

I booked a Hotrate hotel and got Pop Century. Unfortunately, I had to cancel. Hotwire was so kind and gave me a credit to use minus a small cancellation fee. I was extremely happy since they have a no cancellation policy.
Now here is my dilemma. I had booked two rooms at Pop Century. And only 1 room was cancelled. The other room is still showing up in my Disney Experience. Hotwire has told me repeatedly not to worry because I already received a refund. Disney tells me to call Hotwire and let them know to cancel it. I have called Disney 3 times about this and Hotwire 4 times. The reservation is still active. I don't know what else to do. Anyone ever have a similar experience? I'm so stressed over it. It is linked to my husband's account and he is going to get a check in text because we had done online check in prior to having to cancel.
Have you been calling the regular Disney phone number or Disney Wholesale?
If you haven't tried Wholesale yet, they might be better suited to making sure it is all done properly: 1-407-939-7671

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter