Priceline Express Deals

I can't find any Disney resorts on PL or HW now for my dates (12-16-12/20). There were plenty last week, including a PE for ASMo, but now when I look for any dates between December and July, the only Disney hotels that show up are the Swan and Dolphin. Is this normal?
FWIW: I think the deals have popped back up. Not seeing Movies for 12/16-20, but I very much believe this $249 deal for a 4*8 with 300 reviews is AKL.

BIG Caveat: They seem to be monkeying with the amenities for Disney resorts: on the results page the deal has 3 amenities, but looks like "No Smoking Rooms/Facilities" has replaced "Free Internet", at least for this deal. When you click through to booking page, there are 4 amenities: Swimming Pool, Handicapped Rooms, No Smoking Rooms, Restaurant.

But, the ONLY 4*8 resort in BC with reviews in the 300s is AKL. So, be aware of the possible new amenities to look for folks!

Is it common for a hotel to be only a PE deal for the dates selected? For example the latest deal posted here is for Movies as a PE deal, but it doesn't come up for regular booking for the very same dates. I find this odd.

Is anyone having trouble using the Retail Me Not code RMNNOV7 for Priceline? I'm booking through Retail Me Not's portal & I continually get an error, "The coupon code you entered is not valid or has expired". I've tried different hotels in different cities just to see if it would work....same error each time. Any other codes out there for non express deals?

Is it common for a hotel to be only a PE deal for the dates selected? For example the latest deal posted here is for Movies as a PE deal, but it doesn't come up for regular booking for the very same dates. I find this odd.
Yes happens often - without being an insider, it is my feeling that many of these deals are put on PE by 3rd party resellers that are getting nervous and trying to unload rooms they made a deal with Disney to sell.

Happens with other sites too - when going on a trip in 2014 I needed to book some extra days a month out. Disney had nothing, but Undercover Tourist had rooms cheaper than the best Disney rate I had already purchased.

Later edit: I just realized that by "regular booking" you probably meant "regular Priceline booking" and not Disney direct - whoops!
That does happen too, I've noticed it several times over the last year while researching prices.

Is anyone having trouble using the Retail Me Not code RMNNOV7 for Priceline? I'm booking through Retail Me Not's portal & I continually get an error, "The coupon code you entered is not valid or has expired". I've tried different hotels in different cities just to see if it would work....same error each time.
Constantly having trouble! I've been trying to use their codes for car rentals and every single one doesn't work for one reason or another.

FWIW: I think the deals have popped back up. Not seeing Movies for 12/16-20, but I very much believe this $249 deal for a 4*8 with 300 reviews is AKL.

BIG Caveat: They seem to be monkeying with the amenities for Disney resorts: on the results page the deal has 3 amenities, but looks like "No Smoking Rooms/Facilities" has replaced "Free Internet", at least for this deal. When you click through to booking page, there are 4 amenities: Swimming Pool, Handicapped Rooms, No Smoking Rooms, Restaurant.

But, the ONLY 4*8 resort in BC with reviews in the 300s is AKL. So, be aware of the possible new amenities to look for folks!

Are you saying that airport shuttle is not one of the amenities?

Are you saying that airport shuttle is not one of the amenities?
On Priceline Express, Airport Shuttle has not been an amenity to look for for a long time. (The one exception is AKL Jambo House.)
I haven't played around with Hotwire much at all, but believe airport shuttle is a way to ID Disney resorts over there.

Yes happens often - without being an insider, it is my feeling that many of these deals are put on PE by 3rd party resellers that are getting nervous and trying to unload rooms they made a deal with Disney to sell.

Happens with other sites too - when going on a trip in 2014 I needed to book some extra days a month out. Disney had nothing, but Undercover Tourist had rooms cheaper than the best Disney rate I had already purchased.

Later edit: I just realized that by "regular booking" you probably meant "regular Priceline booking" and not Disney direct - whoops!
That does happen too, I've noticed it several times over the last year while researching prices.
Thanks JJT, yes I meant a regular (should have used transparent instead) booking through Priceline. Good to know that it is common.

On Priceline Express, Airport Shuttle has not been an amenity to look for for a long time. (The one exception is AKL Jambo House.)
I haven't played around with Hotwire much at all, but believe airport shuttle is a way to ID Disney resorts over there.

Oh ok. I have only booked Hotwire lately so I didn't know there was a difference. Thanks.

Do any of the MK-area hotels ever come up on these deals, or is that once in a blue moon?

Do any of the MK-area hotels ever come up on these deals, or is that once in a blue moon?
Last year there were a bunch of Express Deals for The Cabins at FW, some intermittent decent ones for WL, a rarer good deal for CR.

This year most deals were for other resorts: the values, AKL, CSR, fewer for CBR, POR, and POFQ.

I don't think I've really seen an actual good deal on Express Deals for GF or Poly - While they do show up on PE, the discount will be minimal (10%) and the rate will be up in the $600s and sometimes way above. Same goes for most other Deluxes. Once in a blue moon last year you'd see BC or YC pop up with a pretty good deal, but nothing in 2019 worth mentioning.

Last year there were a bunch of Express Deals for The Cabins at FW, some intermittent decent ones for WL, a rarer good deal for CR.

This year most deals were for other resorts: the values, AKL, CSR, fewer for CBR, POR, and POFQ.

I don't think I've really seen an actual good deal on Express Deals for GF or Poly - While they do show up on PE, the discount will be minimal (10%) and the rate will be up in the $600s and sometimes way above. Same goes for most other Deluxes. Once in a blue moon last year you'd see BC or YC pop up with a pretty good deal, but nothing in 2019 worth mentioning.
In 2018 I got Boardwalk for $185 a night (June) - searched and searched this year with no luck!

Last December I was able to get GF for $249 and BWI for $182, both for July 2019. It's true, though, they don't show up often as express deals.
Also, just booked an express deal for December 15 - 18; $249 for a 4* 8+. Hotel Canary showed Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek, Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, Contemporary, Beach Club or Yacht Club. I knew it wasn't the Hilton because I've stayed there before and it gave the hint. There were no resort fees, so that let out Wyndham, too. Yacht Club is 9+, not 8. Amenities were non-smoking, swimming pool and restaurant as JJTNY mentioned. I booked it and it ended up being Animal Kingdom Lodge. Happy with that!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter