Priceline Bids/results

I quit using Priceline because of this. I used Priceline in May and got the Doubletree at the entrance to Universal Orlando for $39 a night, if I remember correctly, self-parking was $11.00 per day and then the resort fee was like $8 or $9.00 per day. Regardless, I paid close to $20 additional each night. Truly, I didn't mind as it was a nice place which on a good run on hotwire will run for $79 - $90 a night. However, I can only imagine what would happen if you didn't budget the extra fees!

I agree, hotwire is the only "blind booking" site that discloses fees up front. I can see priceline changing it's position on that soon enough, especially as more and more resorts add fees.

I quit using Priceline because of this. . . .

I agree, hotwire is the only "blind booking" site that discloses fees up front. I can see priceline changing it's position on that soon enough, especially as more and more resorts add fees.

I hope you're right. Until they do, I'm either going to hotwire, or dealing directly with the hotels.

Just won the Radisson Resort Orlando - Celebration last night for $40 for 3 nights The only drawback is the $10 "resort" fee, but they have fee Wifi which I think makes up for it. I have seen more and more hotels starting to play this "resort" fee game on priceline.

I stayed at this resort last year. I booked it through the Radisson site & it did have the $10. per day resort fee. They stated it was for security & activities during the day, but I agree, it is just another way to add more fees. I just wanted you to know it was not just through Priceline. We did like this resort. The grounds are beautiful & the rooms were clean & a nice size. Pool area was great! Nice and big with a slide for the kids. There are activities throughout the day & night for when you get back from the parks. Pizza Hut & a snack bar on site, along with a full serve restaurant (expensive). :banana:

Thanks Budget for the info. The reality is that I have been wanting to book a room for the past 4 months, but every time I went online and read reviews from places like Tripadvisor or other online review sites, every hotel that I would look at had some sort of negative remarks to it. I finally decided that as my vacation was fast approaching, I needed to get it booked. The hotel grounds look beautiful, and I love the fact how close it is area restaurants. We will be renting a car for our trip, so I think I go exploring some really good restaurant ideas that I have found on this board. Even if the room isn't 100 % perfect or the grounds not as they described, I don't mind. That is what a vacation is all about. Just the fact that I am in Orlando and not at work gives me a reason to kick of my shoes and celebrate !

Dr D

I didn't know about the resort fees. Is there any way to find out which resorts have what fees? I've never bid before but was considering bidding on a 3* in the Universal area for 2 nights in Oct. Good or bad idea?

You can go to betterbidding dot com and get help figuring out which resort that is. My bet is that it's the Doubletree at the Entrance to Universal which charges $11.00 per day parking and another nominal fee (less than $3.00) for something else that I can't remember. Typically, once you go above 2.0 resorts charge for parking. That fee can be anywhere between $5 to $15 per day.

I am a little confused about surprise resort fees? I have been using price line for the last year or so. I recently won a bid for Hilton on WDW resort for one night on 9-11-2008 for $60.00 the after service fee it is $75. However, everytime I have used priceline, before I confirm my bid the page tells me how much the service fees and taxes would be so if I win my bid I know how much total will be charged. I do not know maybe I have been fortunate not to encounter a resort that does this. I will say I did stay at a hotel in Daytona that charged a parking fee ( do not even get me started on this, i find parking fees absurd since you are already paying to stay there. i understand valet but self parking:headache: ) however the information was disclosed on their website so I wasn't surprised when I arrived. Same with the Hilton it does say starting in Oct. they are charging for parking.:mad:

As a long-time Priceline user, I have to say that the resort fee is a Florida thing, not a Priceline thing. Orlando is one of those few cities where resort fees are added on when you get there. It's not any different than reserving a hotel room at regular price, than getting there and they've added a resort fee. Some hotels do it standard in Florida. That means they do it for everyone who books at their hotel, not just the Priceline customers. So you can pay full price + a resort fee. Or you can pay a Priceline price+ a resort fee. It's your choice.

Added two days before, and one day after our 7 day land and sea package.

Before got two nights at Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort - $50 per night, $64 with taxes, etc. 10/3-10/5/08.

After got one night at Holiday Inn Main Gate East - $50 per night, $64 with taxes, etc. 10/12-10/13/08.

Both bid with "Disney World Vicinity Area" & 3 stars.

Got it on Priceline. 2 rooms for 40.00 each, one night during the second week of Sept. They added taxes and fees, but still under $100 bucks for 2 rooms makes me happy.
I hope they don't add too many more parking, resort, and hey-we-can-charge-you-whatever-we-want fees when I get there.
:cool1:

Just a note.

I bid for a 3 star at the airport for one night 9/24. $48

Got the Shearton Suites....

We just got Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in October for $136 (total) through Hotwire.

The rack rate is $236. The website says they will begin renovations Oct 8.

I am a little confused about surprise resort fees? I have been using price line for the last year or so. I recently won a bid for Hilton on WDW resort for one night on 9-11-2008 for $60.00 the after service fee it is $75. However, everytime I have used priceline, before I confirm my bid the page tells me how much the service fees and taxes would be so if I win my bid I know how much total will be charged.

Those are the service fees for Priceline and the taxes for the hotel room. The only way to find out if a hotel has a resort fee is to go to each hotel's website and look. If you are bidding on a resort you can guarantee to see one. The only 4 star in Orlando is the Peabody and they have exta charges. 3 Stars are hit or miss but expect to see more fees tacked on as they try to stay competitive in advertised room rates.

When the extra fees started showing up some people disputed the charges with Priceline and got refunds. Now Priceline warns you before you start bidding that hotels may charge an extra fee not included in the bidding so you will no longer get a refund if you complain about it.

We just set up our fall vacation, Oct 12-19. All of our hotels were booked through priceline.

Oct. 12-13 Ramada Celebration, $31 no resort fees total with taxes $42

Oct 13-16 Holiday Inn Maingate East $45 + $5 Bonus for 2 days then added 1 day for $45, total with taxes about $52/night. No extra fees

Oct 16-19 Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration $42 + $5 Bonus total with taxes about $51/night. They have an $11/day resort fee they add on at checkout

We added on the Ramada as an afterthought, we decided to upgrade our 1-day Halloween Horrors tickets to Frequent Fear passes and go on Sunday, Thursday and Saturday nights. Friday night is also a HHN night but we will be in the Magic Kingdom that night.

Got it on Priceline. 2 rooms for 40.00 each, one night during the second week of Sept. They added taxes and fees, but still under $100 bucks for 2 rooms makes me happy.
I hope they don't add too many more parking, resort, and hey-we-can-charge-you-whatever-we-want fees when I get there.
:cool1:

You don't say which hotel you got but it's easy enough to find out if they charge extra fees. Just go to their website and look or call the hotel directly and ask. At that price it sounds like you got a 2.5 or 3 Star hotel, most don't charge resort fees.

You don't say which hotel you got but it's easy enough to find out if they charge extra fees. Just go to their website and look or call the hotel directly and ask. At that price it sounds like you got a 2.5 or 3 Star hotel, most don't charge resort fees.

I put it up in the title - Holiday Inn Maingate East. Next time I'll include it in the body of the text.
Thanks for the tip! I checked the site and didn't see any extra charges mentioned.

just won a bid for
Extended Stay America orlando convention center
Thursday February 5th 2009
one night stay before our TS starts for a bid of $22,
with tax, etc= $31.xx

not to bad, all we need is a place to sleep ( it will be our arrival day, and we will not land until right before dinner)

Tina

Hotwire Result.

October 12 the one night Hyatt MCO. $89 a night before the fees.

Remember the TripAdvisor ranking has to be the 4.5 for it to be the Four Star Hyatt, otherwise it's another hotel. (At least thats working right NOW!)

I am bidding on a hotel near MCO for our arrival night (10 pm). I was bidding on Priceline for a 3-star, but today they added a 3 1/2 star level. Does anybody have any clue what hotel that could be?

Just a note.

I bid for a 3 star at the airport for one night 9/24. $48

Got the Shearton Suites....

Thanks for this info. I bid the same amount ($48) for a 3-star by the airport on 11/22 and got the Courtyard by Marriott. The rate at Marriott's website was $109.

I got the hotel on the first attempt and actually might have gotten it cheaper if I had used all of the free re-bids (add hotels in areas around Orlando that don't have 3-stars).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter