Priceline Bids/results

I am bidding on a hotel near MCO for our arrival night (10 pm). I was bidding on Priceline for a 3-star, but today they added a 3 1/2 star level. Does anybody have any clue what hotel that could be?

It might be any of the following:

Crowne Plaza Orlando Airport
Florida Hotel & Conference Center
Hyatt Regency Airport
Marriott Airport Hotel
Sheraton Suites

and it could also be one not listed above. :)

I just placed a winning bid of $60 per night ($72.15 including tax and fees) for the Hilton, Located in The Walt Disney Resort through Priceline for 11/30 through 12/2. I started at $48 in the Resort Category in hte WDW vicinity and increasing $2 using free re-bids (all zones except Seaworld/Universal)each time until it was accepted at $60.

I won the Hyatt in MCO with a bid of $60. I booked two rooms, so the total, with the Priceline fees was $144.20. This was perfect for our 11 pm arrival in Orlando. I booked it on 9/30/08 and our arrival date was 10/2/08.
I was able to call the day the day we were arriving to make sure we had 2 double beds vs a king. It wasn't any problem at all. The staff at the Hyatt were wonderful....

When would you start bidding for a stay in May 2009?

I just tried the Universal area (zone 8) for 3.5*, 4*, and resort for $40, $45, $48, $49, $50, $51, and $52 using free rebids and was rejected.

Then I tried Disney area (zone 1) for 3.5* and resort for $40 and $45 and was rejected.

I'm trying to get 2 rooms, but honestly at this point, I could rent a 3 bedroom house for less money and at least I'd have some idea of what I'm getting, kwim? Especially once you add on parking and resort fees.

In case this helps anyone, I just won a Price line bid of $77 per night for a 4 star, Universal zone, for the Peabody. Its for the last night of our Disney trip. I just couldn't see spending another $400 when we're literally just spending the night and leaving early the next day. It's for 12/25 :sad: .

I like the Peabody. Stayed there before for a convention, but that last day at Disney always makes me want to :sad:.

Just posting for other's benefits!

12/5-12/6-Grand Cypress -$84
12/13-12/14-Peabody - $80

Pre and post cruise stays. I kind of wish I'd gotten Gaylord Palms because I'd like to see ICE, but I guess we can always just go over there. :)

Just got the following for our late night arrival:

12-2-08 (1 night)
3.5*
MCO
$48 ($61 with taxes added)
Hyatt in MCO

Is the Hyatt at MCO a 3.5* or a 4* now on hotwire?

Is it also correct that the trip advisor results for the Hyatt MCO will be over 100 reviews and a 4.5 out of a 5?

Any other key things that I should look for.

I am trying for one night 2/6/09

TIA for any help.

I never noticed this sticky!

On 11/2 I bid 4* Uni/Sea World area and won the Renaissance Orlando. This is for 2/14-2/18. I had tried for over a month, bidding as high as $135 and all were rejected. I was shocked when my $95 bid was accepted. It's higher than normal, but this is Pres. week, checking in on a Saturday (Valentine's Day no less). I am happy with this.

Maybe this info will help someone. One lesson I learned is patience! I thought I would never get a winning bid and if I did it would be way more than I wanted to pay.

Is the Hyatt at MCO a 3.5* or a 4* now on hotwire?

Is it also correct that the trip advisor results for the Hyatt MCO will be over 100 reviews and a 4.5 out of a 5?

Any other key things that I should look for.

I am trying for one night 2/6/09

TIA for any help.

It does appear to be a four star and IF it shows the Trip Advisor you have it right, but the last few times I looked they had taken the Trip Advisor rating off the 4 star. So it could be EITHER the Hyatt or the Renissance.

I won the Hyatt in MCO with a bid of $60. I booked two rooms, so the total, with the Priceline fees was $144.20. This was perfect for our 11 pm arrival in Orlando. I booked it on 9/30/08 and our arrival date was 10/2/08.
I was able to call the day the day we were arriving to make sure we had 2 double beds vs a king. It wasn't any problem at all. The staff at the Hyatt were wonderful....

Was this a 4* or a 3 1/2* on priceline - do you recall?

TIA!!

Wyndham International Drive
3.5 stars under Priceline International Drive Zone
12/27-12/31/2008 $48 per night

Use PL for the first time and got:
Royal Plaza Hotel Downtown Disney 3.5 *
one night Sat Jan. 17 for $77 ($91.94 with tax&fee)
Now just wondering about any resort hidden fees?

Just got Wyndham Resort International Drive for $40 a night Jan 9-11. Total of $98.35 with tax & fees.

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress for $90 1/31-2/1 total came to $109.83- but it seems like there are resort fees too. Still- from all the reviews it looks like a good deal for superbowl weekend for a night out for DH & I

Could someone list some of the hotels Priceline considers 4* near Disney? Thanks! :goodvibes

Radisson Resort Celebration over the busy MLK Weekend: 1/17 - 1/20.
$36/night + resort fee

Supposedly the high-speed internet is complimentary, so that balances out the resort fee for me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter