Priceline Bids/results

I won this hotel for 3 nights in July for my dd for $30 per night~I think it was rated 3*~I would have to look back at all my info for sure. I was going for the Hyatt right across the street from Universal, which is what people were reporting winning, instead we got this one but I think it will be fine~especially for the price!!:banana:

oct 14-16

I plugged your dates into hotwire. I myself got homewood suites- I drive south for about $46 for next march so that's pretty good. I was pretty confident that it was it because it was the only 4.5 * rating on tripadvisor. I checked to see if that came up but it didn't. However a 3* condo came up for $59. for I drive south and a 2 bedroom condo came up for $79 but it was I drive north. I have no idea what these properties are but the$59 one doesnt sound so bad as it is only a 2 day stay. Sorry I couldn't pinpoint Homewood suites because that was a real deal and a nice place to stay.

I just used Priceline for the first time to get a room for this Saturday night. I wanted something in the WDW area, but wasn't really picky so I decided to give it a try. I got the Sheraton Safari (3*) for 49/nt. It has mixed reviews but I am happy.

We have also decided to leave a day earlier than planned (yea!!!), and are planning on staying in a hotel at the halfway point for us which is Savannah, Ga. I tried bidding on PL 3 times, but all were rejected. I figure we will be better off just getting one of those travel coupon books at the rest area and just picking a hotel off I-95 somewhere.

We stop at Savannah. We usually PL a Gateway area hotel (right off I 95) instead of the historical district because they will not let those hotels go low in price.

Our PL bids have gotten us the Hampton Inn and the Country Inn and Suites. One time we paid for the LaQuinta. That was Ok for one night, but I wouldn't do it again type thing.

Bid for 2 rooms. Got Crowne Plaza Universal Orlando on my first bid. Total for 2 rooms is $132.68.

Extended stay deluxe orlando...Palm Parkway won on hotwire:surfweb: .42.0 a nite....Oct 10 -14....Taxes and fees total 195.31....Was going to pull my camper down and stay at Fort Wilderness,but with gas prices the way that they are it was only 26 more dollars to stay in the hotel that has a kitchen and a fridge....:dance3:

I got the Best Western Lakeside in Kissimme for $34/night in mid-January, 2009 on Hotwire. It is listed as 2 1/2 stars, with these amenities:
pool
fitness str
business ctr
high speed internet
restaurant
non smoking facility
laundry

Total for 10 nights, with taxes and fees, is $389.47. There is a nightly resort fee that I will have to pay when I check out- I believe it is between $3.50 and $5 per night. Travel Advisor gives it a pretty decent rating overall (#13 out of 164 Kissimmee hotels in reader satisfaction), and the reviews are mostly good.

While I am not a priceline user (we love our Marriott and Hilton rewards), I have definitely noticed an almost plummet in off-property hotel prices.
Courtyard and Springhill Suites are going for $8x / nite in August when I am more used to paying $100~$130.
Is this happening everywhere at/near LBV, on-property too?

*sigh*

I didn't do my homework and think it through before bidding. I will go with low expectations and hope for the best....

$45 ($58.19/Total for 1 night) - Wyndham Orlando

If I had it to do over, I would have lowered my bid to $30-$40 and requested only the WDW/Kissimmee areas instead of including Universal.

Oh well. Live and learn.

We stayed at the Wyndham 2 years ago. We thought it was very nice. Lots to do, convenient to restaurants, nice pools.

We stayed at the Wyndham 2 years ago. We thought it was very nice. Lots to do, convenient to restaurants, nice pools.

Thanks for sharing your opinion! It's only for the night we arrive and then we hop over to POR. BTW, did you eat the breakfast buffet? What was the food quality? Thanks again!

Never ate ther, there are 2-3 breakfast buffets within a 5 min walk that we ate at. Golden corral, Ponderosa, Sizzler and a Perkins family restaurant just across the street. A lot less expensive.

Just won the Radisson Resort Orlando - Celebration last night for $40 for 3 nights for a pre DVC trip in September. The hotel has mixed reviews on Tripadvisor, but for the price I'm not going to complain. I started out at $30 at first, and then kept rebidding until I got it. The only drawback is the $10 "resort" fee, but they have fee Wifi which I think makes up for it. I have seen more and more hotels starting to play this "resort" fee game on priceline. Let's say a neighboring hotel is selling rooms on priceline for $100, you want to undercut them, so you are willing to let yours go for $80. When someone wins, you charge them the required "resort" fee to make up the difference.

Yep - the resort fee is the thing that is making me hesitate about using priceline. You don't know what the fee is before you bid. What's to stop a hotel from charging a resort fee of $20, $30 or more?

Yep - the resort fee is the thing that is making me hesitate about using priceline. You don't know what the fee is before you bid. What's to stop a hotel from charging a resort fee of $20, $30 or more?

Nothing, that is my whole point. If they wanted too, they could charge an extra $30 or $40, and get away with it because it is required. At least with Hotwire, they will tell you the resort fee amount before you book.

Nov 9-14, Clarion Universal $30 per night,
Plus $1.50 per night fee which includes wifi.
This really helps stretch our family budget.

The resort fee for a couple of the 4 star resorts in the Convention Center area is $35 per night plus $18 for parking. The Peabody still has an $18.00 parking fee but there is no parking due to construction in the area...

This 'resort fee' is new to me this year.I don't recall seeing them in previous years. The Wyndham's is $6. Not worth complaining about considering what it could be ($30+)...and it's only for one night. Not sure if I'll be using Priceline in the future. Kinda scary really. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!