Prescription Weed

Status
Not open for further replies.

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
My wife has arthritis, it causes her a lot of pain and the only thing she has found that will work is half a chewable 2 a day. If she has a prescription for it from her doctor can she bring it on board?

My wife has arthritis, it causes her a lot of pain and the only thing she has found that will work is half a chewable 2 a day. If she has a prescription for it from her doctor can she bring it on board?
I doubt it. Marijuana is still illegal federally.

From the DCL website:
the following items are restricted for safety reasons and should not be brought on board.
  • Illegal narcotics/drugs, including synthetic, designer drugs and medically prescribed marijuana, as well as all drug paraphernalia, including items used for marijuana, cannabis and hemp

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/

No. you don’t (Have to deal with local laws). It’s not permitted on board in the first place. And you REALLY don’t want to run afoul of (foreign) local laws regarding possession. You might very well find your stay in the islands to be extended, and not by your request.

Last edited:

It's unfortunate but here is what the TSA says in case you are flying in.
Medical Marijuana
Carry On Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Checked Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Marijuana and certain cannabis infused products, including some Cannabidiol (CBD) oil, remain illegal under federal law except for products that contain no more than 0.3 percent THC on a dry weight basis or that are approved by FDA. (See the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, Pub. L. 115-334.) TSA officers are required to report any suspected violations of law to local, state or federal authorities.
TSA’s screening procedures are focused on security and are designed to detect potential threats to aviation and passengers. Accordingly, TSA security officers do not search for marijuana or other illegal drugs, but if any illegal substance is discovered during security screening, TSA will refer the matter to a law enforcement officer.
For more prohibited items, please go to the 'What Can I Bring?' page.

As far as I can remember, Florida does not have reciprocity with other states that have permitted marijuana. That means that it may be legal for your wife to have it at home, but cannot have It/use it in Florida.

Florida does not permit recreational possession or use.

Definitely not allowed. My cousin almost went to jail boarding our cruise. She had a syringe of THC oil in the bottom of her purse that she forgot was in there, and the dogs alerted on her and she was pulled off to the side. Only with her FL medical card, throwing it away, and lots of tears and begging did they let her go. Truly terrifying experience. I highly recommend you don't even attempt it.

We would never, I was just hoping because she has a script for it it might be ok. I don't know what she's going to do without it. I'm worried she'll be miserable the whole trip.

Definitely not allowed. My cousin almost went to jail boarding our cruise. She had a syringe of THC oil in the bottom of her purse that she forgot was in there, and the dogs alerted on her and she was pulled off to the side. Only with her FL medical card, throwing it away, and lots of tears and begging did they let her go. Truly terrifying experience. I highly recommend you don't even attempt it.

I doubt it. Marijuana is still illegal federally.

From the DCL website:
the following items are restricted for safety reasons and should not be brought on board.
  • Illegal narcotics/drugs, including synthetic, designer drugs and medically prescribed marijuana, as well as all drug paraphernalia, including items used for marijuana, cannabis and hemp

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/
Time for USA to get on that. It's been completely legal in Canada since 2018.

Could CBD work as a short term solution? As a salve or lotion or other form? It's federally legal if it comes from a hemp plant and as long as it doesn't contain more than 0.3% THC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter