Pre-cruise Hotels for Southampton 2024

I want to say they were Marriott at Heathrow when my TA checked yesterday. We opted to fly in early to go to London and are staying in the city.

Also, they would only book in a bundle the day before the cruise departs. I didn’t trust that for an international flight.

Also, they would only book in a bundle the day before the cruise departs. I didn’t trust that for an international flight.
Me either. On our first Med cruise, we booked through DCL and stayed two nights in Barcelona before the cruise. We headed directly from the cruise to Munich to visit family afterwards so I'm not sure if they had hotel availability after. On our second Med cruise, we booked two nights before and three (or two?) nights afterwards in Barcelona. On our Baltic cruise, we came in three nights before but DCL only had room blocks for two nights before so we stayed at a hotel close to Heathrow then went back to the airport the next day to get DCL transfers to their selected hotel in London for the next two nights. We went directly from the cruise to Munich so I'm not sure if they had room blocks afterwards. But I definitely want at least 2 nights prior.

I'm also interested in finding out where they book hotels for Southampton as we're looking at potentially cruising out of there in 2024. I'd mostly like to know what there is to see and do in Southampton, where to fly into etc.. I have to produce a "proposal" for DH before he'll agree/choose between options I give him for different cruises and he'll want to know what there is to see and do in each place and the pros/cons of where to fly into/out of. While flight options are way too early, I'd at least like to know what might be the better option.

I did take a look at Adventures by Disney to see what hotels they use as they do sometimes use the same ones, but I haven't been able to find out any information. I suspect they haven't finalized anything and that it's just too early as yet.

We are sailing out of Southampton and the hotel to book through DCL is the Hyatt Regency London, the Churchill. They don’t use hotels in Southampton they just set up a transfer to the port from the London hotel the morning of the cruise.

Not for a Disney cruise but we sailed out of Southampton last summer and we flew in 2 days early (Gatwick) and went right to Southampton. There are options for the transfer depending on preference and budget (train, bus or private car) We loved just walking around the city, ate at a few pubs and got used to the time zone change without dealing with the busier scene in London. Most of the cruise lines use hotels in London as people want to experience London before the cruise. We were super happy we chose to go right to Southampton and had a quick 10 minute trip the morning of the cruise.

Not for a Disney cruise but we sailed out of Southampton last summer and we flew in 2 days early (Gatwick) and went right to Southampton. There are options for the transfer depending on preference and budget (train, bus or private car) We loved just walking around the city, ate at a few pubs and got used to the time zone change without dealing with the busier scene in London. Most of the cruise lines use hotels in London as people want to experience London before the cruise. We were super happy we chose to go right to Southampton and had a quick 10 minute trip the morning of the cruise.
That's what we're doing this summer. Flying in 2 days early. Planning to use National Express bus to get to Southampton, then walking to our hotel. We do have a private tour booked the next day to go see Stonehenge and Avebury.

We are sailing out of Southampton and the hotel to book through DCL is the Hyatt Regency London, the Churchill. They don’t use hotels in Southampton they just set up a transfer to the port from the London hotel the morning of the cruise.
Do you happen to know if these are the same hotels offered if the endpoint in Southampton? I see a few hotel listed under ”London”, including the hotel you mentioned, and wondering if these can be booked through Disney for post-arrival into Southampton (Barcelona to Southampton cruise).

That's what we're doing this summer. Flying in 2 days early. Planning to use National Express bus to get to Southampton, then walking to our hotel. We do have a private tour booked the next day to go see Stonehenge and Avebury.
Which hotel are you using in Southampton?

Which hotel are you using in Southampton?
Moxy Southampton. We got a really good AAA rate, 380 GBP for 2 rooms for 2 nts. I checked rates a couple weeks ago and the price had doubled...so happy I booked when I did.

Since we plan to do National Express bus, I checked a map to see what hotels were within "walking distance" of the bus depot. Note that walking distance is subjective...what we're willing to walk is different from others...I did within 1/2 mile.

Disney will probably charge you a lot to book hotels through them. Your better off booking you own hotel and taxi a taxi to their city transfer which is usually the double tree at Victoria station.

Moxy Southampton. We got a really good AAA rate, 380 GBP for 2 rooms for 2 nts. I checked rates a couple weeks ago and the price had doubled...so happy I booked when I did.

Since we plan to do National Express bus, I checked a map to see what hotels were within "walking distance" of the bus depot. Note that walking distance is subjective...what we're willing to walk is different from others...I did within 1/2 mile.

Moxy ís a good choice. it's a pretty new hotel and built basicly in to the shopping centre so lots of choices for food and drink without having to go far.

On the same road as Cunard/Carnivals/P&O's head office for any cruise fan trivia

(I live 30 mins from Southampton)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter