Pre-Buy AP renewal?

I was wondering a similar thing. If you buy yearly APs, can you buy one level one year and a different level another year and still get the reduced price? (ex with Waterparks and without)?
Yes. If you have an annual pass, you can get the renewal price for any other type of annual when it's time to renew. We currently have platinum passes, but if we renew, it will be for the GOLD pass. We will pay the renewal price for Gold when we do so.

Interesting.

Would this work for all of in the same situation- to purchase tickets from a place like Parksavers, link them to our MDE accounts, then bridge the tickets to DVC AP renewals once we are there...I believe it has to be done once you've use the tickets to enter a park? Would that circumvent this splitting of our trips and fast pass windows?

You take the chance that the renewal price might increase by the time you arrive.

I group our trips with a bit of a break at the end of the AP, letting them expire (during hot summer months). I quickly purchase a new AP voucher and let it 'sit'. Next trip pick it up at will call, typically 4 - 5 months later. winds up costing us less over the long run & are able to link to MDE account make FPs pre activation.

You take the chance that the renewal price might increase by the time you arrive.

I group our trips with a bit of a break at the end of the AP, letting them expire (during hot summer months). I quickly purchase a new AP voucher and let it 'sit'. Next trip pick it up at will call, typically 4 - 5 months later. winds up costing us less over the long run & are able to link to MDE account make FPs pre activation.

Typically the tickets also increase at the same time so in buying the tickets it's a similar scenario where you lock in a price against increases.

Typically the tickets also increase at the same time so in buying the tickets it's a similar scenario where you lock in a price against increases.

True but you never know how much APs are going to increase in proportion to ticket increase.

Bridging has been a nice bonus for years which we've utilized often, hopefully they will continue the accommodation.

facebook twitter