Potential buyer with two questions

Disney Fool

DIS Veteran
I received my DVC package and I am considering purchase. At the moment, I have two questions: When making reservations at the Resorts like GF or Contemporary, how do the points determine what type of room you will get? It seems that there is no distinction between a standard room or concierge room. Also, can you use your points to reserve villas for a friend or family member and not have to be there yourself?

anithemeparks.gif

<font size="2"><font color="#F0000"><font face="Comic Sans MS">
<marquee>Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font></font></font)

When reserving Disney hotels other than DVC resorts, you get "run-of-the-house" which basically means they will try to give you the best available when you arrive (but not likely concierge). You can still request a view beforehand and they may try to accomodate that.

You can make reservations for anyone using your points (family, other non-paying guest, or someone to whom you are renting). When you make the ressie inform them of the person who is going to have the room and they put that on the ressie and confirmation letter.†

Concierge rooms cost extra for anyone who would book them at the hotels where they are available and I don't believe they are included for exchange. The rooms would be the standard rooms but you can always request a specific view, with the same disclosure as all hotel guess, that you may not get the view you request. Secondly, yes, you may reserve accommodations for family/friends. The reservation confirmation will come in THEIR name, which of course they will have to produce at check-in. I think you'd enjoy DVC

thanks so much for responding so quickly. It's a lot to absorb!! But, I like what I've found out so far. Maybe you'll soon be able to welcome me home, too. Thanks again.

anithemeparks.gif

<font size="2"><font color="#F0000"><font face="Comic Sans MS">
<marquee>Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font></font></font)

Somewhere it has a disclaimer saying that DVC exchanges do not include concierge and it's not possible to pay the difference (or words to that effect). I think most members have found they are given very nice rooms at the resorts when they exchange.

I think the policy is applied with extreme variablility. Concierge rooms are out unless they do something like destroy your luggage or break your leg. Otherwise, assume you'll get a standard room and if it works out better, then great. Just remember that it costs a LOT of points to use at the Disney hotels. When a standard room at the Contemporary costs as much as an OKW 2 BR, something is wrong.

Dean

facebook twitter