Post -Trip Report. Photos on page 9 and 10 - 4/29/2010-05/02/2010

FYI - you can still get $25 gift certificate for House of Blues at DTD for $2 at restaurants.com (you have to spend $35 and then get $25 off). I know there is HOB at DTD in anaheim so may not be a big draw for you but thought I'd share! Also, see the Nemo show - it's great (and about 45 minutes). Theatre holds quite a bit of people so I don't think you need to line up hour before or anything.

In New England we say- "Don't like the weather - wait 5 minutes."

Same saying here. lol

I am the only one who gets rained on at WDW for 48 continuous hours. I am sure you will have beautiful weather!! :goodvibes

:( Hopefully your next trip will be all Sunshine, Rainbows, Kittens and Unicorn farts. :) You're due for a perfect vacation.

That's because New England is much smaller than Texas!! ;)

That's because EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas, right? Ok, so some of my Ex's have proven THAT myth completely wrong.

FYI - you can still get $25 gift certificate for House of Blues at DTD for $2 at restaurants.com (you have to spend $35 and then get $25 off). I know there is HOB at DTD in anaheim so may not be a big draw for you but thought I'd share! Also, see the Nemo show - it's great (and about 45 minutes). Theatre holds quite a bit of people so I don't think you need to line up hour before or anything.

I think we'll definitely check out Nemo. We've heard too much good about it to pass it up. And thanks for the info about HOB. We usually try to eat anywhere but a chain that we have in Dallas. Always trying new things. :)

Z-
Have you made any touring plans for your day. I did a quick scan and didn't see anything about it in your posts. I know you like to play it by ear but as much planning as you're already doing a little tour planning could go a long way. If you need any plans let me know. I'm going a little after you and have mine ret 2 go.

Z-
Have you made any touring plans for your day. I did a quick scan and didn't see anything about it in your posts. I know you like to play it by ear but as much planning as you're already doing a little tour planning could go a long way. If you need any plans let me know. I'm going a little after you and have mine ret 2 go.

What kind of park tours? I'm honestly not sure if we'll have time this trip with such a short amount of time in the parks. I know when we go for 5-7 days, we would make sure to try some tours and even *gash* make some ADR's. ;)

What kind of park tours? I'm honestly not sure if we'll have time this trip with such a short amount of time in the parks. I know when we go for 5-7 days, we would make sure to try some tours and even *gash* make some ADR's. ;)

A "touring plan" is the order in which one tours the park. It maximizes what you can do in the span of time that you have. I have the guide book witht he plans in it, but we never actually use a touring plan. We just go from thing to thing haphazardly. (That shocks you, doesn't it?)

A "touring plan" is the order in which one tours the park. It maximizes what you can do in the span of time that you have. I have the guide book witht he plans in it, but we never actually use a touring plan. We just go from thing to thing haphazardly. (That shocks you, doesn't it?)

I hate being on such a tight schedule. I'm a foot loose and fancy free sort of guy.

And yes,....yes that shocks me that you would do anything haphazardly.

On long trips we just aren't that fussed about seeing everything in one day. That's why we take long trips. So mostly we just let DS tell us what he wants to do, and that's what we do.

I’ll PM you with one. They aren’t as restrictive as one might think and I think it helps people from feeling overwhelmed. It doesn’t kill spontaneity for me cause I know I’m not tied to it. I think that those who are miss the point. For me, it tends to build my anticipation (not that the frenzy I whip myself into before a trip needs any help). Especially if you get a map of the park ahead of time (easily found on the internet) it just feeds the excitement. Also, the little tips like get this or that fast past and hit the lion king show while you wait seems logical once you’ve got the hang of it.

But I’ve had this history since I was a kid. My best friend and I would get a map of Six Flags Over Texas - plan our day have my mom drop us off when the park opened and run to the first ride of the day. We would even plan what we were going to wear. (The signs were always there)

I can't remember if it was on the podcast or a post on the podcast boards, but I think they are adding FP machines for the shows. You can still have ride FP's for the same time as the shows. I think that's a great idea! I LOVE the Nemo show! But it is time consuming (not just the show but getting in line early for it).

I can confirm the FP machines at the front of the park (near the Tree of Life) for the shows.

On long trips we just aren't that fussed about seeing everything in one day. That's why we take long trips. So mostly we just let DS tell us what he wants to do, and that's what we do.

Here's one for you JSG....

My DP just informed me that his co-worker asked him about what to do at Disney, because he is taking his new bf to Disney in 3 weeks....

No, they are NOT making reservations, or anything, just flying by the seat of their pants....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Poor Steven. He just IM'd me. He's getting on his flight and he's nervous. He doesn't fly very well and usually has to have a vodka 7 and a valium to get through a flight. Although when he flies with me, I'm some sort of calming influence on him, so without me being there, he's a mess.

Checking weather, only one day has a chance for skattered thunderboomers. Something like 30%.

So is it already getting really humid there?

Here's one for you JSG....

My DP just informed me that his co-worker asked him about what to do at Disney, because he is taking his new bf to Disney in 3 weeks....

No, they are NOT making reservations, or anything, just flying by the seat of their pants....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ACK! :scared1:
OK, well, I hope they have fun. :rolleyes1

Glad the weather looks nice for you guys, Mr. Z!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter