Post Disney Depression Remedies

Planning another trip always helps, even if it's far away.
Listening to Disney park music while I do housework or cook.
Tweak my packing list (what did I use last time? what was a waste to bring?)
Budget for my next trip (love using YNAB to allocate money to WDW each payday!)
Chat on these boards with fellow Disney fans. FB has some good groups too.
Go on walks to get in shape for Disney!
Work more... pick up extra shifts for Disney trips. :)

But if I get to missing it too much, I just try to concentrate on real life. Doing activities with the family, kayaking, movie night, bowling, mini golf. Or just vegging out at home. We found a streamer that streams 3 nights a week and we really enjoy watching him together. Focusing on life helped me get through the last almost 2 years with no trip, due to Covid and some other "life" situations that happened.

I'm so glad it's not just me! I also cross stitch disney patterns and at the moment im working my way through all the films etc in chronological order :)

I'm having a hard time with post Disney depression right now. Ugh. It sucks. I won't be able to afford to go back until at least 2024 so I can't even do any planning right now. I'm watching the replay of American Idol from last night and getting all emotional. Gosh I hate this. I'm working on stuff in my Disney room but it doesn't replace the joy of trip planning.

after our first trip, my husband legit went to a therapist ! He never had any kind of family vacation growing up, so when we took his daughter ( she was 4 1/2), it was seriously THE most magical trip (this was in 2010) .... he was so depressed when we got home, it was so sweet how much he loved it . But thankfully, his therapist got him through..... and we're going again in Sept, just the two of us, for some Food and Wine festival. i guess you never grow out of being a kid. Thank God for that !

after our first trip, my husband legit went to a therapist ! He never had any kind of family vacation growing up, so when we took his daughter ( she was 4 1/2), it was seriously THE most magical trip (this was in 2010) .... he was so depressed when we got home, it was so sweet how much he loved it . But thankfully, his therapist got him through..... and we're going again in Sept, just the two of us, for some Food and Wine festival. i guess you never grow out of being a kid. Thank God for that !
Yeah sometimes I really think I should see a therapist for it.

Agree with so many other's; I usually start planning my next trip or I pour over other poster's trip reports:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter