Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I'm getting so I fly down to Orlando on SW (DCA) and back on American or JetBlue, to take JetBlue means I can't use the overhead bin because I won't pay them $30-50 extra to use it. None of these airlines are free from issues.

That’s kind of what I’m afraid of. Last year on that Chicago flight we were the last to board so we all had to separate, which is fine, but we will have a toddler this time so that changes things for us.
If you have a toddler, jump in line when they announce Family Boarding (after A, but before B). Should help you get some seats together (at least for one adult and the toddler).

That’s kind of what I’m afraid of. Last year on that Chicago flight we were the last to board so we all had to separate, which is fine, but we will have a toddler this time so that changes things for us.

That’s exactly what we did was book on that $59 deal! We’ve never flown out of JAN before so I have no idea about parking or where that airport even is. We live closer to Memphis so that’s our normal airport, but the MEM prices were not $59. 😞

If you have a toddler, jump in line when they announce Family Boarding (after A, but before B). Should help you get some seats together (at least for one adult and the toddler).
I would recommend joining the Family Boarding line (both parents can board with 1 child) approx 30 mins before departure time or, as soon as you see someone else line up. The line will build quickly and get quite long for flights to/from MCO.

Per the SW website: Two adults traveling with a child six years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. If the child and the adult are both holding an “A” boarding pass, they should board in their assigned boarding position.

I would recommend joining the Family Boarding line (both parents can board with 1 child) approx 30 mins before departure time or, as soon as you see someone else line up. The line will build quickly and get quite long for flights to/from MCO.

Per the SW website: Two adults traveling with a child six years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. If the child and the adult are both holding an “A” boarding pass, they should board in their assigned boarding position.
Thanks! We purchased EBCI so we may have an A Boarding position, but if not this is my Plan B.

When has been the best time to buy tickets recently? I’m planning on going in February, so tickets get released this month. During the last drop, I looked at the prices, but they were comparable to how they normally are.

Does anyone know if Southwest typically has sales for December flights? I saw they had a 40% off promo a short while ago, but that was before December dates were available.

When has been the best time to buy tickets recently? I’m planning on going in February, so tickets get released this month. During the last drop, I looked at the prices, but they were comparable to how they normally are.

I don’t think there’s any specific best time. Some posters find prices are good as soon as they are released; some people wait & find better prices later; some people find no Wanna Get Away fares when they try to book on release day. Every date & city combo can be different too. The best advice is to know what a good price is from your city & book when you see a price you’re comfortable with.

I booked a business select ticket for our September trip immediately on release. A few weeks later, our departure flight was cancelled & we were moved from a mid morning nonstop to a 5:30 am connecting flight. Not happy with that, I moved it to a late afternoon nonstop the day before. Since then, I have caught 2 price drops & gotten about 7000 total points back. Our flight home has not changed & the price has gone up slightly, about 4000 points. There have been a few sales since I booked but they haven’t effected my flights except for the way down once. None have applied to our way home,

I guess since we haven't seen anyone posting there haven't been any other schedule changes/updates?

We're heading to MCO mid-October and so far when I go back on the SW calendar our same flights are offered Sept. 11th and through our travel dates but I'm really hoping they release some earlier flight times like they have the week of Sept. 4th...

🤞

Just changed our flights on 9/14 from JAN to ATL to MCO to an earlier one. We were booked on the last flight of the day, but with all the delays I keep seeing plus there was already only a 50 minute layover, I was afraid we might get left behind and stuck in the airport overnight if we had one thing go wrong. So now we are on the second to last flight of the day. I sure do miss nonstop daily flights to MCO!

We did the same thing for our 9/11 flight. At this point I’d rather end my trip with leaving a little earlier and having a layover (best case) that gives us some buffer for delays and cancelations vs having a relaxed day with a late flight that ends with a red eye or having to fly out a day or two later if things go sideways.

Does anyone have an idea as to whether the Club lounges at BWI or MCO are accessible from the Southwest gates? From the maps, it looks like they aren't very close to each other and I wouldn't want to have to go through security twice. I have a credit card with free Priority Pass and I've never been in an airport lounge before, so I'm interested to check it out if we can on our upcoming trip!

Does anyone have any experience with the wanna get away plus making same day flight changes? How early on that day can you change(I am hoping the answer to this is midnight)? I am looking at booking a 7am flight but if there is one later in the day available we would like to option to change without having to be at the airport.

Does anyone have an idea as to whether the Club lounges at BWI or MCO are accessible from the Southwest gates? From the maps, it looks like they aren't very close to each other and I wouldn't want to have to go through security twice. I have a credit card with free Priority Pass and I've never been in an airport lounge before, so I'm interested to check it out if we can on our upcoming trip!
There is a priority pass lounge that is accessible from the SW gates at MCO, but you have to take a different shuttle (to gates 70-99) once you get through security.When you leave the Club, be careful which side you get back on the shuttle because one is for international arrivals and will take you out of the security bubble. It is marked overhead I believe in the shuttle area.

There is a priority pass lounge that is accessible from the SW gates at MCO, but you have to take a different shuttle (to gates 70-99) once you get through security.When you leave the Club, be careful which side you get back on the shuttle because one is for international arrivals and will take you out of the security bubble. It is marked overhead I believe in the shuttle area.
This is helpful, thank you!

Between A-List, Anytime fares getting EBCI and the number of connecting flights it's not surprising. There are only 45 spaces in the A group, If 50 people book on release day and either buy Anytime fares or add EBCI right away, they're all gone. Anybody that has EBCI on a connecting flight is going to get a higher number on their second flight since they are getting checked in before EBCI check in happens for originating passengers.
Thank you for explaining all of this. We did end up getting a row of three together in the back of the plane with my husband across the aisle. On our flight home we had B 21-24 and again we were able to get a row of three together in the back of the plane. My husband sat a few rows in front of us. I’m really glad I purchased the EBCI. After these two flights, I don’t think I’d fly without it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter