Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

That has not been my experience but a good point not to count on it.
I agree on your point. We've had short flights before (like KC to Denver) including ones where there just enough time to get drink service out and you barely have time to drink before you're descending again (like the random one off connection times we've done KC to STL) but there's def. been times the seatbelt sign goes off once cruising altitude has been met. Will it stay on for long enough for a young one to be antsy enough to need a quick walk is another story. Turbulence of course agreed with the PP can happen causing the seatbelt sign to go back on or not go off at all so yes a good reminder that you may not be able to just walk about vs getting up to just go to the bathroom and then going back to your seat to put your seatbelt on.

Don't try to put a stroller in the overhead, gate check it or just check it. It's incredibly rude to take up space that two or three passengers bags would fit in so you don't have to wait a couple minutes on the jetway.
I agree with you however it's really because the PP's stroller is too large to count as a carry on item per SWA not that that counts for a huge ton though because I've seen fully stuffed duffel bags up in the overhead bin that are def. over the length of the carry on size so they have to fit in sideways.

While vast majority of people gate check strollers (more than likely because they are way too big even folded) I've seen a stroller or two that are folded up quite small enough to work in the overhead bin.

I've been too busy to double check my November and December flights for at least a couple of weeks. I just went today to see if fares had moved and half of the BWI-MCO direct on my November date are sold out of WGA/WGA+. The ones left are a few thousand more points than when I booked opening day.

I know people hold off on adding companions so that they can possibly rebook at lower points, but I'm pretty sure, for November at least, that's a lost cause. I went ahead and added my companions before any flights sell out entirely. December rates are much closer to opening day, and nothing is sold out of WGA, so I'll give those a little more time.

If, by some miracle, flights do go down for November, do I have to cancel companion/rebook/add companion or can I call SW to make the changes? I know when I wanted to change my August flights when we got the red banner, fee free change option, I was able to do it over the phone despite having companions on the reservation.

So glad that I’m obsessive about checking our flights! While I was poking around the website today I saw that our flights had dropped. I wasn’t sure if we could get an adjustment since it was under a group booking (15 of us) but I called anyway. The very nice agent said “We can make adjustments up until final payment, just not after. Let me refigure it for you and see what we can do.” Then said “Oh you’re going to be so happy!” Our flights went from $317/pp round trip to $199. Multiply that by 15 people and it’s a decent savings.

I've been too busy to double check my November and December flights for at least a couple of weeks. I just went today to see if fares had moved and half of the BWI-MCO direct on my November date are sold out of WGA/WGA+. The ones left are a few thousand more points than when I booked opening day.

I know people hold off on adding companions so that they can possibly rebook at lower points, but I'm pretty sure, for November at least, that's a lost cause. I went ahead and added my companions before any flights sell out entirely. December rates are much closer to opening day, and nothing is sold out of WGA, so I'll give those a little more time.

If, by some miracle, flights do go down for November, do I have to cancel companion/rebook/add companion or can I call SW to make the changes? I know when I wanted to change my August flights when we got the red banner, fee free change option, I was able to do it over the phone despite having companions on the reservation.
Just call and they will adjust the prices with companion pass. I’ve had it happen before that the original price I booked was higher than a different tier, and I was able to adjust that ticket online by upgrading and received a price refund. I was shocked. But it happened.

If I can tell the flight is wide open with availability, I will sometimes quickly cancel my companion, adjust my flight using the SWA “change flight feature” and rebook my companion. This is risky, because your companion spot could disappear, but I’ve lucked out every time. I’ve heard of others having a different experience.

I’m cheap so I always kept my kids on my lap at that age. Bring snacks they can pick up like puffs or cheerios and be prepared to make a mess and feel flustered and it will still be ok. A million small things they already like is better than big things or new things to keep their attention. Once you’re in flight taking some slow walks up and down to the bathroom is pretty exciting and timing flying for naps is good too- the engine noise and cozy on lap experience often conked my kids out… I had very sore arms after a flight to Hawaii but my toddler slept like 5 of the 6 hours so worth it!
that sounds great but mine at that age would not sleep on plane even at nap or bed time. on the red eye flight fell asleep at 4 hours into a 5.5 hour flight and had not slept on way to plane

Is it best put in a bag?
Depends on the stroller. If it’s expensive and/or has stuff sticking out when folded up then yes probably. In practice that’s a huge hassle and not something I would personally bother with. They are going to literally throw it in after all the other bags with anything else that gets gate checked, so a bag will protect it from getting snagged or dirty, but most strollers are tough enough to deal with a little bit of jostling around.
Is it best put in a bag?

Is it best put in a bag?
I purchased a stroller bag and it was filthy after each trip. I can only imagine what our stroller would have looked like without the bag. The underbelly of planes is dirty and greasy in places. Our bag quickly displayed what would have been on our stroller instead of a bag I tossed into the wash.

I apologize if this question has been previously asked, but I have only flown a few different times. Each time being with Southwest. The last time our flights were cancelled and we had to leave from a different state. We are flying to MCO from IND in October and a few weeks ago, I checked and the price had dropped for our tip on the way down. I did call and get a credit for that. I checked today and they have dropped even more. I am going to call to get a credit for that also. My question is.... Since the price keeps dropping, do I assume that the flight isn't filling, and there is a bigger possibility that it will be cancelled? We are only going to WDW for 3 days and our arrival date is the first day. I know there is no crystal ball to tell me what will happen with the flights, but I thought maybe some of the expert Southwest fliers could give me a little insight as to what I should be thinking. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I apologize if this question has been previously asked, but I have only flown a few different times. Each time being with Southwest. The last time our flights were cancelled and we had to leave from a different state. We are flying to MCO from IND in October and a few weeks ago, I checked and the price had dropped for our tip on the way down. I did call and get a credit for that. I checked today and they have dropped even more. I am going to call to get a credit for that also. My question is.... Since the price keeps dropping, do I assume that the flight isn't filling, and there is a bigger possibility that it will be cancelled? We are only going to WDW for 3 days and our arrival date is the first day. I know there is no crystal ball to tell me what will happen with the flights, but I thought maybe some of the expert Southwest fliers could give me a little insight as to what I should be thinking. Thanks in advance for your replies.
SWA is running a sale right now so no it's not indicative of cancelation chances.

Is it best put in a bag?
When we traveled with a stroller, we always put our in a bag and like another person said above, the bag was filthy with dirt & grease after the first flight.

A bag also protects the stroller from rain. We once landed during a downpour and the strollers that weren’t in bags were soaking wet and unusable because they sat outside for a few minutes.

No idea as I’ve never flown with a stroller. I have twins and didn’t try to fly with them until they were 5. 😆
I’m going to be the opposite of the others and say that a bag isn’t necessary. We’ve seen parents struggling while holding their little ones and bags trying to get their strollers out of the bags to put their babies’ in while waiting in the tunnel and trying to not be in everyone’s way. It just seemed like a pain to me. We had the city mini double stroller and while it did have some scuffs on it, we just wiped it down and found minimal dirt on it. Plus I could open it with one arm:) YMMV though.

Decisions, decisions…
I have only done one trip since the pandemic began and was very fortunate with my flights. Now that people are flying again and all we are hearing are nightmare accounts of cancellations, lost luggage and non-existent rental cars I am very concerned about my February trip.
We will be traveling to Sarasota and I am anxiously awaiting SW’s schedule release on Thursday.
So many variables to take into consideration:
*Fly direct to Tampa and have less concern about a weather delay at home causing a missed connection.
*Fly direct and have to make the drive down to Sarasota and back.
*Fly direct and if there is no rental car really have to scramble.
*Fly with a connect and have two flight to worry about.
* Fly with a connect and if we don’t have a rental we really don’t have to worry as the hotel has a shuttle, there is a free trolley in a small area and there is Uber.
I am very much overthinking this because I really need my winter vacations!
Help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter