Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

For those of you who fly more regularly than me, do you consider this a good fare? We're planning to travel to Disneyland (from Nashville) for our first time this summer. I thought that LAX would be cheaper, but I can find the same rates at LGB (also non-stop). Anyhow, one-way it's $195 -- I think that's about as low as it will probably get -- it may go down a little before then, but I can't imagine that much more given the cost of flights these days, but I don't really know since I don't fly often enough. Anyone have any opinions on whether that's a decent rate or not? I'll have enough points for 3 of the 8 one-way flights. but I'll have to pay cash for 5 of them.

For those of you who fly more regularly than me, do you consider this a good fare? We're planning to travel to Disneyland (from Nashville) for our first time this summer. I thought that LAX would be cheaper, but I can find the same rates at LGB (also non-stop). Anyhow, one-way it's $195 -- I think that's about as low as it will probably get -- it may go down a little before then, but I can't imagine that much more given the cost of flights these days, but I don't really know since I don't fly often enough. Anyone have any opinions on whether that's a decent rate or not? I'll have enough points for 3 of the 8 one-way flights. but I'll have to pay cash for 5 of them.
I think it's a little high but if it's a price you're willing to pay there is almost no downside to booking it now. You can always take advantage of price drops and receive travel credits that don't expire anymore. If it's something that you are going to do no matter what the cost then I'd book now and take every little bit along the way between now and when the flight is.

I think it's decent, especially right now.

Pricing is highly variable based on a person's airport and routes and seasons. It's really hard for someone located elsewhere to tell you what is considered high or not for a given route. You need someone who ordinarily flies Nashville to LA area airports to give you an idea.

Your $195 would be incredibly cheap for my home airport because Long Beach is very expensive. LAX however is the cheapest and has the only non-stop option for the LA airports from my home airport. But I can tell you this because my husband flew to the LA area for 9 months coming home every two weeks in 2019. He would fly LAX to KC but KC to Long Beach back. Long Beach was much closer to his apartment there but with LAX having the non-stop option he would take that when coming back home so he could get home quickly enough (still getting home most of the time anywhere between midnight and 3 am). He would have to leave mid-afternoon to get back to Long Beach due to connections (usually Vegas but sometimes Phoenix).

Ultimately you need to book what you feel comfortable with. If a flight reduces you'll automatically get the points back if you book in points. If you book with cash you'll get the travel credit and it's nice now that the travel credit doesn't expire.

You can always take advantage of price drops and receive travel credits that don't expire anymore

If you book with cash you'll get the travel credit and it's nice now that the travel credit doesn't expire.
I didn't realize this -- thanks for the info! I was thinking the travel credit still expired one year from when you BOOKED your flight. Are they still only associated/connected to the person you booked for, or if you booked for them via your RR account, does the credit go to you/your account?

This never happens for me. I get the points back only if I see that the price has dropped and I rebook it at the lower amount of points. Is there a way to set it to return the points automatically?
Yes..but that's what I mean. Sorry if that wasn't clear that was my bad. The context was what method you get your stuff back. Points going back automatically after you make the "rebooking". Flight credits sit in your account to be used when you choose to use them. Using points is a main advantage because the points are back into your account not tied to a passenger like credits are.

The companion pass promotion should be up at 4pm now delayed… just like their airline has been this whole month

I didn't realize this -- thanks for the info! I was thinking the travel credit still expired one year from when you BOOKED your flight. Are they still only associated/connected to the person you booked for, or if you booked for them via your RR account, does the credit go to you/your account?
I think there was a huge collective sigh of relief when they made that change to the program. Any credit created after July 28th, 2022 no longer has an expiration date.

The flight credit should still be assigned to each passenger's name so it would go back into their RR account. If you book a WGA+ fare (which is a newer fare category) part of the perk is being able to transfer your flight credit to another RR member. Booking with points still is the most flexible since it can be used for anyone.

I think there was a huge collective sigh of relief when they made that change to the program. Any credit created after July 28th, 2022 no longer has an expiration date.

The flight credit should still be assigned to each passenger's name so it would go back into their RR account. If you book a WGA+ fare (which is a newer fare category) part of the perk is being able to transfer your flight credit to another RR member. Booking with points still is the most flexible since it can be used for anyone.
Is there a way to convert LUV vouchers to points? I did that a few years ago, but it looks like that isn't allowed anymore?

A WGA fare would still be tied to your account, but there have been reports of people using that TF to purchase a WGA+ fare, cancelling that and then being able to transfer it to another person.

Pricing is highly variable based on a person's airport and routes and seasons. It's really hard for someone located elsewhere to tell you what is considered high or not for a given route. You need someone who ordinarily flies Nashville to LA area airports to give you an idea.

Your $195 would be incredibly cheap for my home airport because Long Beach is very expensive. LAX however is the cheapest and has the only non-stop option for the LA airports from my home airport. But I can tell you this because my husband flew to the LA area for 9 months coming home every two weeks in 2019. He would fly LAX to KC but KC to Long Beach back. Long Beach was much closer to his apartment there but with LAX having the non-stop option he would take that when coming back home so he could get home quickly enough (still getting home most of the time anywhere between midnight and 3 am). He would have to leave mid-afternoon to get back to Long Beach due to connections (usually Vegas but sometimes Phoenix).

Ultimately you need to book what you feel comfortable with. If a flight reduces you'll automatically get the points back if you book in points. If you book with cash you'll get the travel credit and it's nice now that the travel credit doesn't expire.

Just anecdotally, we go to SoCal occasionally from Denver and it seems frequently cheaper to go to LGB rather than LAX (both non-stop).

Just anecdotally, we go to SoCal occasionally from Denver and it seems frequently cheaper to go to LGB rather than LAX (both non-stop).
Yeah just depends on the factors I gave.

There was a thread a few months back discussing something like a $400 savings going to LAX over SNA and LGB from a poster.

Like I said there is no non-stop to any of the LA airports from my home airport with exception to LAX. Spirit and SWA are the only 2 airlines that fly non-stop there anyhow.

Everyone's airport and routes are different.

My husband was having the same issues as others with the promotional Companion Pass not showing up. He was able to get it to show up but then couldn't book the flight at the end of the month we needed.

He just messaged me and said he was able to book it. If anyone is needing to also book the Companion check your account and see if you can now. I checked my account and I can see the flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter