Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I am so very jealous of your flight times! We're doing RDU/MCO in Feb and the only direct leaves RDU at 11:30am. I hate it since we've in the past arrived and hit the parks first thing -- we even got to DHS before opening on our last trip!

I'm STILL holding my breath that these flights don't get cancelled....

We've been to Disney 3 other times from Oct 2020-Feb 2021, and we had early morning non-stop flights and in all 3 cases, they were cancelled and we were put on layover flights up to BWI or ATL...OR that direct flight at 11:30am...

We DID get surprise rescheduled non-stop flights from RDU to LAS this past May which was super nice!

The direct flights from now until our flight on Nov 10th don't leave as early as our flight - our flights are only available our week and the following week...so we kinda lucked out picking those dates for our trip!

I have a situation I haven't faced before. I've got the CP until end of Feb. We've used most of my points to book a trip in Feb for 4 people. Currently I've only got 27k points left. I'm toying with the idea of a very quick trip down to WDW in early Dec. The pts would be 25k (and I'd use the CP for my DH). Here's the concern. We put a large deposit on this card back in May ($5000), it's not related to earning the CP or anything, but we finally decided to cancel the order (it was for a small travel trailer that will not be ready this year). So that will be a -5000 when they process the credit in the next 2 weeks.

What's the right way to proceed so I don't go negative. It's essentially 3000 in the hole. I don't really have a 5k spend I could do right now unless I pay more power bill for the next 2 years lol. Is there a way to only use 22k of my points and pay the difference.

Oh -- I guess I could just pay for the flight, lol. It's like $350. Certainly not the cheapest we've paid to get to MCO, but with the CP, I guess it's no so bad. Then I can just leave my points alone.

I have a situation I haven't faced before. I've got the CP until end of Feb. We've used most of my points to book a trip in Feb for 4 people. Currently I've only got 27k points left. I'm toying with the idea of a very quick trip down to WDW in early Dec. The pts would be 25k (and I'd use the CP for my DH). Here's the concern. We put a large deposit on this card back in May ($5000), it's not related to earning the CP or anything, but we finally decided to cancel the order (it was for a small travel trailer that will not be ready this year). So that will be a -5000 when they process the credit in the next 2 weeks.

What's the right way to proceed so I don't go negative. It's essentially 3000 in the hole. I don't really have a 5k spend I could do right now unless I pay more power bill for the next 2 years lol. Is there a way to only use 22k of my points and pay the difference.

Oh -- I guess I could just pay for the flight, lol. It's like $350. Certainly not the cheapest we've paid to get to MCO, but with the CP, I guess it's no so bad. Then I can just leave my points alone.
Are you saying that is the cost of a round trip? If so, then I would book 2 one way trips instead of round trip. Pay one leg on points and just pay for the other leg.

alternately, you could purchase enough points to make up the difference so you can still book the RT tickets. Price out which is cheaper, the flight or the points.

For those who have a Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card or are thinking of applying for one, the benefits were recently expanded.
For instance, Plus and Premier cards now include adding EarlyBird Check-In 2x per year, at no cost.
DBB8591A-3D25-4BA5-8FFB-D4890F05430B.jpeg

Last edited:
For those who have a Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card or are thinking of applying for one, the benefits were recently expanded.
For instance, Plus and Premier cards now include adding EarlyBird Check-In 2x per year, at no cost.
View attachment 616141

Do you know where I can get a list of the services covered for the "earn 2 points for every $1 on internet, cable, phone services and select streaming"?

Can anyone confirm the process to change to a different flight the day of at no charge if there is a seat available if the original ticket was booked as an Anytime fare? Is it the same process as a typical change? Can I make the change anytime after midnight?

has anybody with a premier card tried to redeem the Early Bird booking? Mine still asks for $20 and since it's not refundable, I want to see if it works before I click "purchase." I assume you need to use the SW credit card number. It also looks like it possibly does not apply to current cardholders.

Last edited:
has anybody with a premier card tried to redeem the Early Bird booking? Mine still asks for $20 and since it's not refundable, I want to see if it works before I click "purchase." I assume you need to use the SW credit card number. It also looks like it possibly does not apply to current cardholders.
Check your email, if you currently have this card. Notifications of new benefits were emailed to cardholders last week.

Terms & conditions for comped EBCI:

2 Southwest® EarlyBird Check-In®: Each anniversary year you will be reimbursed for the purchase of up to 2 EarlyBird Check-In services made with your Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card. Each EarlyBird Check-In service means a purchase made for EarlyBird Check-In one-way, per Passenger. Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year. If you switch to this product from another Chase credit card, your account open date is the date the switch to the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card is completed. EarlyBird Check-In provides automatic check-in before the traditional 24-hour check-in and can be purchased as part of the original flight purchase or added to a flight after purchase. Price of EarlyBird Check-In may vary. Statement credit(s) will post to your account the same day your purchase posts to your account and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles. Account must be open and not in default at the time the statement credit is posted to your account. Statement credits will be issued for the anniversary year in which the transaction posts to your account. For example, if you purchase EarlyBird Check-In and Southwest does not post the transaction until after your current anniversary year ends, the cost of the EarlyBird Check-In services will be allocated towards the following year's maximum of 2 services.

3D235B12-5B3C-47CD-980E-96065B6163B7.jpeg

Last edited:
So....I saw something on line about "new" Covid regulations for flying, starting November 8. I can't find the article again but I know November 8th is when the USA borders open again for other countries. The article didn't say it was only for foreign travel...it was written as though even domestic travelers will need a negative Covid test....Unvaccinated 1 day prior, vaccinated 3 days prior. Does anyone know if that's true? Are those of us who are flying domestic gonna have to have a negative test? I went to SW website and it only indicates for foreign countries but this blurb I saw on line looks like it's something brand new. Would that mean we'd have to test prior to getting on both flights? Departure and Return flights?
EDIT to add that what I'm finding on line, not including the blurb I saw but can't find again...is that November 8 is for travelers coming into the USA...they will need negative tests.

Last edited:
So....I saw something on line about "new" Covid regulations for flying, starting November 8. I can't find the article again but I know November 8th is when the USA borders open again for other countries. The article didn't say it was only for foreign travel...it was written as though even domestic travelers will need a negative Covid test....Unvaccinated 1 day prior, vaccinated 3 days prior. Does anyone know if that's true? Are those of us who are flying domestic gonna have to have a negative test? I went to SW website and it only indicates for foreign countries but this blurb I saw on line looks like it's something brand new. Would that mean we'd have to test prior to getting on both flights? Departure and Return flights?
EDIT to add that what I'm finding on line, not including the blurb I saw but can't find again...is that November 8 is for foreign travelers coming into the USA...they will need negative tests.
This is a very reliable report from Reuters, regarding November 8 changes for international travelers to the U.S (no impact on domestic travel by Americans):

restrictions & vax regulations for international pax entering U.S.

From Reuters:

Foreign air travelers will need to provide vaccination documentation from an "official source" and airlines must confirm the last dose was at least two weeks earlier than the travel date.

International air travelers will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of departure. The White House said unvaccinated Americans and foreign nationals receiving exemptions will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours of departing.

As the PP stated, it's reimbursement – not automatically free. Same deal for upgraded boarding at the gate. You pay for it with your card and it comes off later.

no, I don't have an email. I do have a premier card though. I also see it's reimbursement, and it's your card date that starts the year, not the calendar year.

no, I don't have an email. I do have a premier card though. I also see it's reimbursement, and it's your card date that starts the year, not the calendar year.
I believe my email just came today, so it may be that all emails haven’t gone out yet

ETA - or may depend on which card you have as to when the email was sent

I believe my email just came today, so it may be that all emails haven’t gone out yet

ETA - or may depend on which card you have as to when the email was sent
I know someone with a Business card who received the email today, while last week's email message was for a personal card. They probably do send the notices in batches, either by type of card, expiration date, or ???

I've been waiting to read a datapoint on this as well. It does apply to existing cardholders, but it's not clear to me if we have to wait until our cardmember annniversary to use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter