• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

If I remember right, that was the automatic date that all travel funds during the shutdown were extended to regardless of the date of the original flight (September 2022). So they weren’t actually tied to a specific booking or flight date, it was literally all the flights that were booked to take off those first two or so months of the pandemic. The expiration is a hard date regardless.
At the end of last year they did offer for people to turn those into SW points that don’t expire, which we did do for our originally booked flights from March 2020. Unfortunately that offer ended quite some time ago.

I’m wondering if everyone who had a flight canceled will receive a voucher? I just reached out to them so hopefully I’ll hear back

Nope. TF retain the date from the original reservation or in the case of the blanket extension of 9/7/22 it would be that
I will say that United just extended the expiration on their credits. I wish SW would do the same, especially given some of their headaches (and that may be exactly why they don't).

Regarding SWA’s giving vouchers to those affected by last weeks flight cancellations I must say they certainly haven’t done this for those that have the same experience over last several weeks...
My flight was was cancelled, I spent hours in line then my rescheduled flight was delayed and I didn’t even receive an apology let alone a voucher.....

Regarding SWA’s giving vouchers to those affected by last weeks flight cancellations I must say they certainly haven’t done this for those that have the same experience over last several weeks...
My flight was was cancelled, I spent hours in line then my rescheduled flight was delayed and I didn’t even receive an apology let alone a voucher.....
Those who’ve contacted them on social media, especially those who have had out of pocket expense for hotel, car rental, and/or greater expense for rebooking flight on other airlines at the last minute, have been receiving vouchers.

Try sending them a DM noting your confirmation number, as well as information about extra expenses incurred due to the flight cancellations.

Understand that they are overwhelmed and allow some time for a response. Contacting them off-hours might elicit a quicker reply.

A different kind of Southwest issue...

Anyone with Rapid Rewards may want to consider changing their password. After nearly three weeks, it appears I have finally had my points that were used fraudulently restored to my account. Restoration was a process, and, well, 3 weeks is awhile. It did sound as though this has been an issue lately; the customer service rep that I talked to minutes after I got the email that my points had been used to purchase video games (something I didn't even know one could do), said they had had three bulletins about fraudulent use of points in recent days.

Change those passwords and watch your account.

A different kind of Southwest issue...

Anyone with Rapid Rewards may want to consider changing their password. After nearly three weeks, it appears I have finally had my points that were used fraudulently restored to my account. Restoration was a process, and, well, 3 weeks is awhile. It did sound as though this has been an issue lately; the customer service rep that I talked to minutes after I got the email that my points had been used to purchase video games (something I didn't even know one could do), said they had had three bulletins about fraudulent use of points in recent days.

Change those passwords and watch your account.
I am surprised at Southwest’s explanation for your missing points. AFAIK, the only way to purchase merchandise or gift cards with RR points is through the More Rewards program. That program was disabled in March of 2020. The link to More Rewards displays a message about maintenance/under construction, and it will not move past that.

I am surprised at Southwest’s explanation for your missing points. AFAIK, the only way to purchase merchandise or gift cards with RR points is through the More Rewards program. That program was disabled in March of 2020. The link to More Rewards displays a message about maintenance/under construction, and it will not move past that.
That makes this even more interesting and was a piece I didn't know. The girl I talked to wasn't even able to tell me how the points were used, just that they were. The details I got were from the "your points have been used" email I received that caused me to call.

That makes this even more interesting and was a piece I didn't know. The girl I talked to wasn't even able to tell me how the points were used, just that they were. The details I got were from the "your points have been used" email I received that caused me to call.
You may find better or additional information by speaking with someone in the Rapid Rewards department, which will be an option when calling Southwest.

Was the sender actually Southwest or Rapid Rewards? This sounds a lot like phishing to me.

Was the sender actually Southwest or Rapid Rewards? This sounds a lot like phishing to me.
I thought it was phishing too, until I checked my Rapid Rewards account and the points were indeed gone. When this all happened, I received two emails: one from "rewards headquarters" outlining what my points had been used for and one from Rapid Rewards that was the typical "points have been deducted from your account" email. It was at that point that I checked my account (through the app, not through the email) and sure enough, points were gone. I then contacted Southwest Rapid Rewards by phone, and they started their resolution process.

You may find better or additional information by speaking with someone in the Rapid Rewards department, which will be an option when calling Southwest.
That is who I talked to when I first saw the points were no longer in my account. The rep apparently is unable to see exactly how points are used, just the activity point values.

The good news is, it has been resolved. But with a trip that will require booking on December 8, it was a concerning couple of weeks waiting for resolution, and definitely a lesson in password security for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter