PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

They emailed me the information and I filled it out and submitted it. On Saturday my charge card had a pending charge from the hotel for $1, but now it's not showing anything. How long does it normally take for the charge to go through? I did it on Saturday afternoon

It usually took about 3 to 5 days before the change showed up.

It usually took about 3 to 5 days before the change showed up.

Thanks, I guess I didn't do something right the first time because I got an e-mail on Wednesday saying I didn't sign all the forms. So I had to redo it. It worked this time and my card has been charged. Only 35 more days!

We arrive in 22 days and it'll be our first time staying here, is there an area we should request? We are booked in a deluxe queen club level room. My in-laws are traveling with us and have the same type of room so we'd like to be near them. I know the club level rooms are located throughout the resort. I prefer a higher floor in a quiet area. We don't mind walking a bit to get to places.
Anything else I need to know before we arrive?

We arrive in 22 days and it'll be our first time staying here, is there an area we should request? We are booked in a deluxe queen club level room. My in-laws are traveling with us and have the same type of room so we'd like to be near them. I know the club level rooms are located throughout the resort. I prefer a higher floor in a quiet area. We don't mind walking a bit to get to places.
Anything else I need to know before we arrive?
We’ve stayed in all three wings and love them all. The East wing is furthest from the club lounge. The West wing is closest to the boat dock. Villa wing is closest to the club lounge. We stayed in a villa wing room overlooking the beach pool on the top floor recently and loved it. It had a large balcony and was close to the lounge. I’ll see if I can find the room number.
When you exit the club lounge there is a nice large public balcony overlooking the bay we used a lot. It was never used whenever we passed it. Not sure if too many people know about it. We’d take a drink from the lounge and sit out there several evenings, very relaxing.

We arrive on June 13th, have the two nights before booked into Sapphire falls. Himself dpsaid if we could bag a decent rate at portofino we should just stay there the entire time(he's not happy with the amount of hotel/villa changes on this holiday). Just been checking the last few days, and portofino is fully booked for June 12th! Or at least it's showing no availability at all!! Is that weird? Or normal? I'm jpquite happy as I want to stay in Sapphire falls

We arrive on June 13th, have the two nights before booked into Sapphire falls. Himself dpsaid if we could bag a decent rate at portofino we should just stay there the entire time(he's not happy with the amount of hotel/villa changes on this holiday). Just been checking the last few days, and portofino is fully booked for June 12th! Or at least it's showing no availability at all!! Is that weird? Or normal? I'm jpquite happy as I want to stay in Sapphire falls

That’s when the new Hagrids coaster opens, so yeah it might be a bit busy.

We just got back on Thursday from our stay at Portofino Bay. We booked a club level deluxe queen room. We were in room 2590 overlooking the villa pool. It was a little bit a hike to the lobby and club lounge, but it wasn't awful. We got lucky and got a balcony, I didn't request one so it was a nice surprise. The beds were super comfy. The layout of the resort was a little confusing at first, but once we figured it out we got around with ease. We will definitely stay here again. IMG_6809.JPGIMG_6812.JPGIMG_6851.JPGIMG_6944.JPGIMG_6947.JPGIMG_6956.JPG

We just got back on Thursday from our stay at Portofino Bay. We booked a club level deluxe queen room. We were in room 2590 overlooking the villa pool. It was a little bit a hike to the lobby and club lounge, but it wasn't awful. We got lucky and got a balcony, I didn't request one so it was a nice surprise. The beds were super comfy. The layout of the resort was a little confusing at first, but once we figured it out we got around with ease. We will definitely stay here again. View attachment 407385View attachment 407386View attachment 407387View attachment 407388View attachment 407389View attachment 407390

Thanks for reporting back........glad to here you had such a lovely trip, and such a nice touch with the balcony.....it is a beautiful hotel.......

Nice pictures too..... :)

We have a garden view room booked. (Regular, not club.) From looking at the map, it seems like the West Wing is closest to the boat dock - is there anything else I should request to ensure a short walk? We have several people in our group that need to conserve their feet for park walking. :)

We have a garden view room booked. (Regular, not club.) From looking at the map, it seems like the West Wing is closest to the boat dock - is there anything else I should request to ensure a short walk? We have several people in our group that need to conserve their feet for park walking. :)

No that's exactly what you should request. Call them and also upon check-in reiterate your request and say you're willing to wait if needed. I've stayed there several times and never been turned down. Good luck!

I'm not sure where to post this, but since it is about Club Level at the Portofino Bay Hotel, I'll post here.

Question: Has anyone had club level accommodations to food allergies at the last minute?

Why wait?
I've purchased a package through Costco and have a great rate that we're happy with. It is a big anniversary for us, and we just finished putting two through college, and have not had a "just the two of us" trip since our last big anniversary, where we spent one night at AKL - we had to be in Florida anyway, and had always wanted to stay there. The idea of Club Level for this trip has recently come up. We could afford the additional $100 a night, if asked at check in. (Does that often happen?)
We couldn't afford the $$$$ more it cost when we made the reservation.
So, Club Level will be last minute, depending on if they offer it or not.

The concern is that I have gluten sensitivity and some food allergies. They are somewhat challenging - flax, psyllium and/or almond meal is often in gluten-free dough/muffins/breads. Sunflower/safflower is very often in most processed foods; it also coats most dried fruits; it hides in "vegetable oil"; it is listed on most any bag of chips you would pick up in a store (including most tortilla chips - sigh) - I recently had a bad reaction at a restaurant when I ordered eggs which were promised to be cooked in butter, but were cooked in vegetable oil. I had a bite, as I thought they were cooked in butter, and luckily I had Benadryl with me.

Since I'm not currently staying club level, and will not know until we get there if this will even be an available upgrade (I've read posts that at check-in it has been offered to guests as an upgrade for $100 a night) I don't feel as if I can contact anyone to ask. If they can accommodate me, I'd be relieved, because this would be two times during the day when I would not need to worry so much about food.

After that last incident at a fairly nice restaurant, (after they promised that they used canola oil; not "vegetable oil" even after I was promised butter....I've never had a reaction to canola) I'm feeling pretty anxious about eating out. It is hard to find anything on the Portofino menus (or even at the parks) that looks "safe" - As it is, I've planned lots of foods to bring; I figure I can eat something safe in our room, and/or eat a plain salad with lemon juice on it, or a grilled steak, when my husband and I eat out.

Sorry to go on. I find this whole "developing allergies as an older adult" both tedious and scary.

On the FAQ sticky, I believe I have a link where you can have direct contact to hotel dining regarding your dietary concerns
I’ll try to pm you the link today

FAQ and quick access links sticky

Guest Services

Then to

Send Us A Message

Dietary

Or you can call as the number is listed

Info for dietary needs for the parks and hotels can be asked

FAQ and quick access links sticky

Guest Services

Then to

Send Us A Message

Dietary

Or you can call as the number is listed

Info for dietary needs for the parks and hotels can be asked
Yes, thank you, I've seen this. However, as we don't know if we will even be offered to upgrade, it sort of feels like putting the cart before the horse. That is the issue. I don't want them spending time and possibly money making sure that my allergies are accommodated for, then not be offered club level at $100 a night.

Since club sets up their menus in advance, and then orders the foods they have available, still good to call them for basic info

Would assume they would always have on hand foods for those that with food allergies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!