Port terminal & carry on's

DanceGirl914

Mouseketeer
Ok from what I have read on the DIS boards your carry on luggage gets scanned also before you get on board. Is this correct?
And if it is do they do manual checks if the contents of the carry on can't be scanned.
Let me explain - my daughter is on a insulin pump, we will be bringing a back up loaner pump and the pumps can't go through any type of x ray scanners. So I will have all of her diabetic supplies in one carry on bag if i tell them that it can't go through the scanner will they let it pass and check it manually?
I know our cruise is a while off but you know how questions pop up in your head while you are reading.

Thanks

It's a process similar to the airports, though less intensive than TSA. Yes, I believe you can declare a medical bag to be checked manually. I'm sure the security agents are very used to this.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ok from what I have read on the DIS boards your carry on luggage gets scanned also before you get on board. Is this correct?
And if it is do they do manual checks if the contents of the carry on can't be scanned.
Let me explain - my daughter is on a insulin pump, we will be bringing a back up loaner pump and the pumps can't go through any type of x ray scanners. So I will have all of her diabetic supplies in one carry on bag if i tell them that it can't go through the scanner will they let it pass and check it manually?
I know our cruise is a while off but you know how questions pop up in your head while you are reading.

Thanks
I also wear an insulin pump and have never had any issues. As mentioned, it's less intense than the TSA and I walk right through the detector however I cover my insulin pump and I tell them ahead of time - "I have an insulin pump and I've covering it". I find they are very accommodating and again, no issues. I don't travel with a back up pump for the cruises so I haven't let mine go through the actual Xray scanner. I'd do just as mentioned - explain it to them and perhaps carry it through the detector?

You might already know this - however for DCL I haven't been tested for "explosives", however with TSA I've been checked every time where they swab my fingers/hands and the outside of the pump and then put it in the machine for the results. I'm just used to it now - however again, DCL has never done this - just TSA.

Hope this helps,
Heather

DCL had explosive dogs in the the terminal right after 9/11....

All you need to do now is to talk to the agent. They are used to most situations and will do whatever necessary to handle it. MUCH nicer than at the airports.

DCL had explosive dogs in the the terminal right after 9/11....

All you need to do now is to talk to the agent. They are used to most situations and will do whatever necessary to handle it. MUCH nicer than at the airports.
Yes, but to my knowledge, no terrorists have tried to blow up cruiseships. God forbid that should happen, just watch how quickly DCL gets just as picky as the TSA...

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts