Port Orleans Riverside

tejasranger

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at the Port Orleans Riverside Jan 28th to Feb 2nd, I have read that it is a very beautiful resort. I would like any feedback you have about your stay at that resort. Thanks

We have stayed there twice , once in 2005 and once in 2006 and we love it. The landscaping and the buildings are very pretty. We love the quiet pools that are scattered all around. And Boatwrights is very good for breakfast. We haven't been able to try the carriage rides but they are the list for next trip. We hope to be back there this fall :) I am so looking forward to it!

POR is my favorite resort!!! A few things you should not miss:

The boat ride to DTD
Walk around the beautifully landscaped grounds
Catch Bob Jackson's show in the lounge - he plays Wednesday-Saturday from 8:30pm until midnight. It's a family-friendly show. But adults traveling without kids will also have a blast. This is a MUST SEE!!!!

Thanks everyone for the comments. I am counting the days until we get to visit. Brown family thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures. We have reserved Boatwrights 2 times for breakfast. I am looking forward to trying the sweet potato pancakes. I will also check out the Bob Jackson show.I know one of the reasons we reserved POR was my husband liked the idea of the relaxing boatride to downtown.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I am counting the days until we get to visit. Brown family thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures. We have reserved Boatwrights 2 times for breakfast. I am looking forward to trying the sweet potato pancakes. I will also check out the Bob Jackson show.I know one of the reasons we reserved POR was my husband liked the idea of the relaxing boatride to downtown.

If Boatwrights still has the stuffed banana french toast you really must try it. It was delicious.:love: The last time we stayed at POR was in 2005 but my kids still talk about the french toast.

Those are Dh's favorite :) He makes a special request to eat there every trip just to get those.

SeaSpray...lovely Port Orleans pictures :thumbsup2 Made me miss it even more.

Here are a couple of my favorites from my last trip :)

IMG_0499ed.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

We just came back from POR last night. It was wonderful!!! We loved the look of POR, the dining at Boatwrights, and the boat ride to DTD! The ceiling fans are great!

You will have a wonderful time!!!

I spent part of my honeymoon there (was Dixie Landings then). I will always have fond memories of the place, I still think it is the best of all the mid-priced resorts. Hope you like it as much as we do. Breakfast was also excellent each morning.

We loved the pool & slide. The place was completely booked, yet we hardly ever saw anyone near the rooms. Very quiet. We didn't eat breakfast at Boatwrigths, but we did have one of the best dinners there. You won't be disappointed!

I stayed at POR last May and I thought it was a VERY nice resort. I would definitely stay there again.

Here's a link to my web page where I have comments and a lot of pictures from my stay. Enjoy! :sunny:

http://www.brownfamilyvacations.com/html/POR2007.htm

oh my gosh those pics were awesome!!! just in the beginning stages of planning my very first wdw and dcl trip for next year and Im loving it...Im a DL pro but have never gone to the world and it will be a well deserved trip:goodvibes

As posted in another POR thread.

We relly like POR. If getting a waterview room though you may be placed near a pool (still water in their opinion). On check in see if you can be moved to a RIVER view as it will be closer to the main building and main pool area. The smaller pool areas can get noisy. We had no issues with the bus service.

For anyone that used the trundle beds, what did you think of those? Comfortable? Klunky/in the way (since they are not the "extra" beds at Poly)? Thankspopcorn::

My friend slept on one in Dec and didnt complain, although he is known to be able to sleep just about anywhere! They do seem small, he is only 5'-5", and I would say anyone taller may find their feet overhanging. The mattress is not as thick as a regular mattress. As far as in the way, they easily roll back under when not in use.

Thanks. But in the picture I saw, it looked like a mattress on the floor? Is that what it is? Does it have any bedding to it? Thanks.

They are on a rollable frame and sit about 10" above the floor to the top of the matty. Leave it out for mousekeeping when you leave so they dont miss it. Better suited for a child or teen really, unless your teen happens to be 6'. Extra blankets in the sink/closet area I believe.

They are on a rollable frame and sit about 10" above the floor to the top of the matty. Leave it out for mousekeeping when you leave so they dont miss it. Better suited for a child or teen really, unless your teen happens to be 6'. Extra blankets in the sink/closet area I believe.

Thank You for that description. Even though in another post (my own actually) I had said I would stick with WL resort, this info gives me something to go on to reconsider. Again, Thanks!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!